Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:01

Hi all,

Firstly, we'd like to thank everyone who contributed towards the in-game poll regarding the PvP Seasons and Bounty Board update.

A total of 2,036 players voted and of that 515 liked the update, compared to 974 who preferred how the game was before. This means of the players who either liked or disliked the updated, over 65% preferred how the Bounty Board and PvP Ladder used to work. Or if you include the players that didn't mind along with people who disliked the update - it would give a total percentage of 74.7%.

Therefore we have decided to do the following:

1) After the current PvP Season ends next Monday, we are going to re-instate the PvP Ladder and Bounty Board to how it used to work. We'll allow players to opt-in in advance of the first PvP Ladder going live.

2) The PvP Season system will no longer be a permanent feature, but instead we will remove the Titan League part and convert it into a new form of opt-in Global PvP Event. As well as this, during the PvP Events we will re-instate XP Loss for rated hits and also remove the ability to place a bounty for them.

3) We will also re-instate the ability to select how much stamina is used in a PvP attack (from between 10 and 100).

We will also continue to work with the community to improve the PvP Ladder by looking at new rewards which in turn should hopefully encourage more players to take part. Also with the addition of new opt-in PvP Events it will add another interesting aspect to the game that we can run periodically in a similar way we run the Global Events.

Finally we will look to continually work with the community to improve all aspects of the game, but focus on more incremental changes that are discussed with the community via the forum and in-game polls before they are implemented.

#2 bjkills

bjkills

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:10

such a waste, people need to stop complaining

Professional Arena Player when it comes to losing. Avid Titan Hunter. Sometimes I buy and sell stuff.

#3 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:10

Thanks for the information regarding the update of the poll. It is great to see how "we" the players voted.

As for the ideas of PVP Seasons being a Global Event, that's great! It'll be a fun event to have for those who enjoy PVP, or would like to partake. Hopefully, we will be able to continue to improve upon the idea of the PVP seasons to better refine it for the global PVP.

If we could have voted differently during the poll, I'd like to say that I would have voted for something other than returning the ladder and bounty board back to the old ways. There were things that I liked and disliked about each.

Things that I wouldn't mind seeing for the bounty board: Being able to hit whenever, as many times or as few times as I'd like (mainly because I usually don't have the time to sit down and hit someone possibly for 20 minutes minimum, longer if they have deflect). I like the idea of gold per hit - was nice way to get some quick gold to compose while in the PVP Seasons. I really think that a combination of the new BB (selective hitting - ie being able to hit on a bounty whenever you feel like it with each hit counting as 1 ticket, losing XP on bounty hit losses) and old bounty board (being able to post the bounties whenever, as well as selecting how much stam to use, the ability to use conserve). I'm still uncertain on how I feel between being able to bounty bounty hunters or not, but if returning to the old system, then I'd like the ability to bounty the bounty hunter. 

I don't like the idea of the PVP Ladder - I feel like that update really failed. Sure, new rewards will bring a slight increase in activity (for those who haven't stacked tons of tokens), but will fizzle out once the value is out of the rewards. I think there has to be a better way to not only increase PVP activity, but pull the game back to a more balanced aspect between leveling and PVP (which was something I believe HCS had wanted to do with this update). 

Edited by Kedyn, 10 August 2015 - 19:20.

#4 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:12

Most important question for me:

What happens to GvG? I feel that 50 stamina per hit in GvG should really stay! That way multis wont be able to participate in GvG and GvG itself is no more that farmable plantagion it used to be. I was gvging with my team for quite a while now and I plead to you to keep the GvG change. It was one of the positive things among the Season update! Please dont take this improvement away! Please!

Edited by tuvok77, 10 August 2015 - 19:13.

#5 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:13

such a waste, people need to stop complaining

people decided on this change....

i for one like parts of the idea... but in the end we decided and now we have this 

well done HCS! thankyou for giving us the voice

Edited by macb00k, 10 August 2015 - 19:15.

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#6 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:16

What will happen with the players that hit for crystal league this season...we just lost time..potions..fsp..stamina ... ecc... for nothing.. we do not get the medal like the others in from TEST SEASON?

#7 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:19

Now we will go back to Guilds vs Player in all the pvp...

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

What will happen with the players that hit for crystal league this season...we just lost time..potions..fsp..stamina ... ecc... for nothing.. we do not get the medal like the others in from TEST SEASON?

The Crystal League medal will be used for the PvP Events.

#9 WWWolf

WWWolf

Yes, from what I have seen here, I think most would agree that there were some good parts to the changes but we were not given the choice to pick and choose.  That said, the community as a whole decided that it would be better to go back to the old system and perhaps build upon that versus trying to fix the new.

Thank you HCS for giving everyone a say in the matter.

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Please keep the rewards consistent! Whatever rewards that were offered in the PVP league offer them in the old system!

#11 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:20

Thank you cows and thank you community.
Thank you cows and thank you community.

Screenshot everything!

#12 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Most important question for me:

What happens to GvG? I feel that 50 stamina per hit in GvG should really stay! That way multis wont be able to participate in GvG and GvG itself is no more that farmable plantagion it used to be. I was gvging with my team for quite a while now and I plead to you to keep the GvG change. It was one of the positive things among the Season update! Please dont take this improvement away! Please!

We'll be changing it back to how it was, but we're happy to discuss future changes afterwards.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

We'll be changing it back to how it was, but we're happy to discuss future changes afterwards.

Don't change it back until the old system is revamped...Guess we got about 2-3 months of dead pvp and no update.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 August 2015 - 19:21.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:22

Don't change it back until the old system is revamped...Guess we got about 2-3 months of dead pvp and no update.

I think Guild Conflicts need some work in general, but we'd want to discuss it with the community first (in a seperate thread dedicated to that) to see how it could be improved. If you have some ideas on it please go ahead and post up a seperate thread on it :)

#15 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:23

And I was just hoping it GvG to become awesome again... Trust me, this was one of the greatest things that happened to GvG. 50 stamina, no low cost hits, GvG became a full time commitment. Not just 500 stamina a conflict.

Please Please Please consider this.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:25

I think Guild Conflicts need some work in general, but we'd want to discuss it with the community first (in a seperate thread dedicated to that) to see how it could be improved. If you have some ideas on it please go ahead and post up a seperate thread on it :)

Aspects of the game need very minimal mechanical improvements...Incentive is key! Better rewards...Something to make prices rise!...NEW RECIPES...GvG needs more recipes...GvG minimum stamina needs to stay atleast 50 aswell... PvP ladder rewards need to be totally revamped...Global PvP events rewards need to be mirrored of PvP season.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 August 2015 - 19:27.

#17 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:26

And I was just hoping it GvG to become awesome again... Trust me, this was one of the greatest things that happened to GvG. 50 stamina, no low cost hits, GvG became a full time commitment. Not just 500 stamina a conflict.

We'd definately consider it - why not post up a seperate thread on it with a poll and see what others think on it? :)

#18 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:29

Personally, I didn't see any difference between 50 stam per hit or 10 stam per hit. You get rewarded the same, you just have to have to hit less guilds to get more RP. I don't think it would have stopped "multis" - it actually was a hindrance to newer players who might venture into GVG in my honest opinion. 

#19 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:30

Have you made a decision as to what will happen with Ladder Tokens?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 19:31

Have you made a decision as to what will happen with Ladder Tokens?

Gone hopefully...new currency with new shop...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: