• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 08:41

Hm, sad that Gambler is now 17.5%. With 1.75% it would be funny and not such random. I really want to know who wants to use that buff in PvP.

Thanks for the extended duration!

#62 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 April 2022 - 10:07

New Skills:

Relentless - Offense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Damage is transferred to Attack (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Aegis Shield - Defense (Lvl 2000)
+0.15% per point of Defense is transferred to Armor (casting level can be adjusted from your Preferences)

Avenger - Offense (Lvl 4000)
+0.03% per point boost to Attack when an opponent hits you (Max 5)

Stalwart Heart - Defense (Lvl 4500)
+0.03% chance per point boost to Armor when an opponent hits you (Maximum number of boosts: 5)

The following skills will also become available on the Player Skill Tree:

Allied Frenzy - Defense (Lvl 3500)
Increases the level range that Assist works by +1 level per point

Guild Berserker - Offense (Lvl 3500)
Increase the effectiveness of First Strike, Nullify, and Breaker in GVG Only

Gambler - Special (Lvl 3500)
+0.1% chance per point that a random stat will be tripled while all other stats are halved at the start of combat

Healer - Defense (Lvl 4000)
+0.01% per point chance that players health will fully restore after any given combat round

The Daily Quest Reroll is fantastic; while I haven't used it too much aside from my daily freebie to see if I can test my luck, having the option to keep going if I wanted to attempt for a better reward is a huge benefit.

Now for the buffs...

Healer being added to the skill tree has been great; a slightly lower level but more readily accessible version of the composed-only buff is nothing short of a welcomed add.

Guild Berserker is a head scratcher of sorts - at level 203, it invalidates the previously composed-only buff of level 70 (level 81 post Zombie Brew Distilled). Is there another composing update planned to get this potion level up to ~350 or so? Just so that it isn't dead in the composing tree here?

Allied Frenzy - this is an "oof." Not for this one by itself, but because "Assist," the buff it builds upon is dead in its current state. It goes unused as it's much easier to get optimal stats against creatures by oneself than to rely on a chance to add 50% from an ally. If "Assist" ever gets a change, I could see Allied Frenzy getting use, but, unfortunately, this one was dead on arrival.

While I've never (and still am not) an advocate for "% chance to..." buffs, Gambler has been interesting from what I've been able to experiment with. The potential to triple a stat has been funny in some instances, as basti pointed out, but other times it's left me in a hole, stat-wise.

Note: Please no more "% chance" buffs. The ones we have in-game currently are detrimental to fun, competitive gameplay as-is. Adding more of these buffs only compounds issues that are already present.

As for the four brand new buffs that came along, absolutely well done on ALL of them. All four have viable use and some even help the ever-lacking "Armor" setups against the defense-heavy "meta" that we constantly see everyone dressed in for offline use now. A few more tweaks, and armor sets could likely be just as viable as defense sets. We're almost there, but there are a couple of buffs existing currently that could use minor changes to help bring balance back to the wearing of offline sets.

What are the plans for future buff balances? Is this the appropriate thread for presenting feedback and potential changes to preexisting buffs as well?

Overall, most well done on the buffs here!

#63 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 13:38

Why ?

A reroll was asked for, a reroll was granted. Now you want to change it to guarantee the level of the reroll ? - why not cut to the chase and ask for a list of DQ's you can select from ?

It's not a guarantee, it's conditional upon hitting the tier. I think it's fair to suggest improvements to a system after playing through it.

This is a very common concept among similar features throughout many games if you indulge. I'm not suggesting if you start with an LE it will stay that tier. It will only lock in as a minimum through hitting the reroll (So your first DQ tier is not locked in).

This will get more people to roll, I guarantee almost no one is going very far in rerolling. As it gets so very costly I think this is a fair ask.

This is strictly beneficial to all. I'm sure if we were able to test it would cost an ungodly amount to even roll LE on average.

Edited by EpicPiety, 26 April 2022 - 14:22.

#64 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 15:00

@Conix,

Was there an app update that was pushed? I received a notification for being defeating in PvP but I didn't receive a notification for an attack being deflected.

#65 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 April 2022 - 17:48

It's not a guarantee, it's conditional upon hitting the tier. I think it's fair to suggest improvements to a system after playing through it.

This is a very common concept among similar features throughout many games if you indulge. I'm not suggesting if you start with an LE it will stay that tier. It will only lock in as a minimum through hitting the reroll (So your first DQ tier is not locked in).

This will get more people to roll, I guarantee almost no one is going very far in rerolling. As it gets so very costly I think this is a fair ask.

This is strictly beneficial to all. I'm sure if we were able to test it would cost an ungodly amount to even roll LE on average.

TBH, I imagine most roll to get rid of an undesirable task, or in search of a specific reward
I know I have never cared so much about the tier as what I have to do and what I'm gonna get....

I'll take kill "x' amount of critters for reserves any day of the week, common or le.... but kill a titan?  I'm re-rolling that sucker regardless of tier or rewards

My opinion about the whole thing though:
More activities should be added
For example:
Search the caves "x" times 

Compose and quick complete "x" potions

And so on for [random reward]

Yes, these can be big investments, but so is buying hundreds of pieces of junk from the AH for a big breakdown DQ.... yet we all do that, now don't we?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#66 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2022 - 21:33

We'll agree to disagree I think.

We asked for a DQ reroll and we got what we asked for.

Now you want to tweak it to make it more lucrative by level of difficulty (not reward, 'cos we all know that reward and task can be way out of whack sometimes)

If they grant this change, then what tweak gets asked for next time ??

The DQ is an "OPTIONAL" thing to do - folk don't have to do it ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#67 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 23:01

We'll agree to disagree I think.

We asked for a DQ reroll and we got what we asked for.

Now you want to tweak it to make it more lucrative by level of difficulty (not reward, 'cos we all know that reward and task can be way out of whack sometimes)

If they grant this change, then what tweak gets asked for next time ??

The DQ is an "OPTIONAL" thing to do - folk don't have to do it ...

I can agree with making the rewards align.

#68 basti7

basti7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 12:36

Hi everyone!

We have just updated the game to v3.8.3.

This update adds the following changes:
- Relentless, Guild Berserker, Avenger, Aegis Shield and Allied Frenzy durations have been increased by 30 minutes.
- Healer duration has been increased by 1 hour.
- Fixed an issue with the Gambler skill activation chance.
- New buff icons now display correctly on world map page

Thank you for your feedback on the most recent update. We hope these changes further improve your enjoyment of Fallen Sword.

~The Fallen Sword Team.

Bodyguard is now shown as Rage  :D

#69 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2022 - 13:00

Bodyguard is now shown as Rage  :D

Huh. So it is.

*Edit*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand fixed.

~ Grim

#70 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 17:24

Reroll has been great. AH Slot today! I do wonder in the future if we can offer more features to this, like if you have been rerolling and you achieve a certain tier it would lock that in as a minimum. Meaning you cannot drop below, however you can upgrade to a higher tier.

This would create alot more incentive to maybe "Roll a llitle more ;)"

It does start getting quite costly so i do believe this may be justified.

I would go in the complete different direction, and suggest that the rarity of the DQ would stay constant while rerolling...That would be more "fair", and increase the chance of people spending dots to reroll when they get a Legendary DQ with a bad prize/task.

#71 ColtColt

ColtColt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2022 - 23:28

Nice upgrade, the reroll is a small but very useful change for the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: