Photo

Glitches / Bugs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#1 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:04

couple of things I have noticed so far.

Running Mac OSX 10.8.2, Firefox 19.0.2

The text gets truncated in odd places.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 4.55.48 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 5.02.17 AM.png

#2 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:07

I can't login ("username contains prohibited term" message). I'm guessing it refers to the email address, since the IGN was "Gallifrey" (so I don't see why that would be prohibited)...

#3 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:12

I keep getting asked to update Java... already have twice, even.  and rebooted for the heck of it.

Neveremind - Java was disabled. 

#4 Lelouch Lamperouge

Lelouch Lamperouge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:43

When shearing domestic shirga you get farming exp. Is that suppose to happen lol?

"Hero? No! We're pirates! I love heroes but.... I don't wanna be one! Do you know what heroes are? Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it, but heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!" - Monkey D. Luffy

#5 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:55

I can't login ("username contains prohibited term" message). I'm guessing it refers to the email address, since the IGN was "Gallifrey" (so I don't see why that would be prohibited)...

We're pushing a build live shortly that will fix this and many other issues.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#6 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 17:09

When shearing domestic shirga you get farming exp. Is that suppose to happen lol?

yes funnily enough :P

#7 JBKing89

JBKing89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 17:20

getting kicked a lot to the log in screen.  Tried to sneak a few minutes at work, but not having any luck.  I'm on satellite internet, so maybe the speed / ping is not fast enough to keep the server connection?

Can I have a signed statement to leave work?  B)

#8 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 17:34

I've deleted Gallifrey, if you try again now with a different name it should work.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#9 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 18:07

I've deleted Gallifrey, if you try again now with a different name it should work.

Thanks for the fix, it works now :)

#10 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 18:54

I'm logged into my HCS account, clicked on the Eldevin banner, and entered a character name to create. However, after it went through all the loading, I get the animated mountains with a login button and a message at the bottom: "Login failed: Unable to connect to server!" :(  I closed the window and clicked the Eldevin banner again, and it went through the loading, then did the same thing. Any suggestions?

#11 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 March 2013 - 19:24

couple of things I have noticed so far.

Running Mac OSX 10.8.2, Firefox 19.0.2

The text gets truncated in odd places.

Yeah its in the bug list, think its one of 2 or 3 random mac bugs, think I know what the fix is for it so will sort it :)

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#12 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 21:05

When initial install, i get to 79% then everything goes fruit loop and i get a" terminal error loaded data". Happened 3 times so far.... any advice?

Does it of FF and Chrome, reinstalled java, restarted, now it fails at 330% :blink:

1zg7xpt.jpg

#13 WhamBam

WhamBam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:16

the tutorial box is stuck for me. i got to the questbooks portion of the tutorial and it auto-selected the basic magic questline. i finished the questline, got the rewards, and the tutorial box still says my questline progression is 1/8. now the tutorial wont progress. i have moved on, but i'm pretty sure this is not what is supposed to happen. 

#14 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:28

When initial install, i get to 79% then everything goes fruit loop and i get a" terminal error loaded data". Happened 3 times so far.... any advice?

Does it of FF and Chrome, reinstalled java, restarted, now it fails at 330% :blink:

1zg7xpt.jpg

What software are you running? Do you have Java 1.7 installed?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#15 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:30

the tutorial box is stuck for me. i got to the questbooks portion of the tutorial and it auto-selected the basic magic questline. i finished the questline, got the rewards, and the tutorial box still says my questline progression is 1/8. now the tutorial wont progress. i have moved on, but i'm pretty sure this is not what is supposed to happen. 

Did you complete the tutorial? Is this the Escaping the Void quest?

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#16 WhamBam

WhamBam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 00:48

Did you complete the tutorial? Is this the Escaping the Void quest?

after the escaping the void. Homecoming is the main questbook. the void is complete. return to the kingdom is 50% complete. the subquests within return to the kingdom are  a  history lesson, basic archery, basic melee, basic magic which i received the xp and rewards for and are complete according to my questbook, but according to the tutorial box i am 1/8 finished with basic magic, and that was the first one i finished.

I guess maybe that is the end of the tutorial, but there was no notice that it was the end, and it looks like there is supposed to more.

#17 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:52

I keep getting logged out at the opening quest to a blank character generation screen with a login button that doesn't work.

I'll keep trying....

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#18 WhamBam

WhamBam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:41

Found a quest problem. under the homecoming quest tree -->civil unrest --> my supplies. the quest marker is flashing on the map, but when you run to the marker in the murky depths there is nothing there at the flashing marker. we tried making a group, but that didn't help. maybe there is a random or timed quest spawn or something, but i thought you should know.

This appears to be fixed now. Thanks!

For future reference, should problems like these be reported here? Or are there dedicated threads for bugs like these? 

#19 Stevieb

Stevieb

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:55

Only small issue I have so far is on my work PC, it's 1024*768 resolution and it's a pain in the backside trying to play without having to scroll up and down constantly.

#20 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 13:29

I have a small issue with the reward item from the "Wolves In the Grass" quest ("Northern Volunteer") - "Blackened Leather Belt" (given by npc Thames): it allows you to stack potions, but no food (like apples, bread, mushrooms, etc). Is it normal, or is it bugged?

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: