• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FALLENFROG

FALLENFROG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 14:55

I think it would make the game so much more fun and will bring alive the bounty board again

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 July 2019 - 17:06

I think it would make the game so much more fun and will bring alive the bounty board again

I do believe that this was deemed to be way too exploitable by the cows, and that's why smasher hits are ladder and BB only.  You have to realize than a huge majority of FS players hate PvP in all forms, and unfortunately their feelings must be considered as well.  Myself, I don't really care either way, but I'm 99% positive that the cow gods will say no to this

Just one old lady's opinion

~Love, Penny

AZxelNi.jpg

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:16

Ladder and bounties is enough

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:15

yep ill have to agree ladder and board is enough ,i would exploit it to no end

5aZzW0p.png

#5 Spaz2

Spaz2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 13:36

yep ill have to agree ladder and board is enough ,i would exploit it to no end

There would be no exploitation available - just Medal progress for real PvP, For a PvP Smasher medal. (like it used to be?)

PvP is in the game, reward ordinary hits aswell as bounty/Ladder. Atleast in PvP the level limitations is +/-10 where as Bounty can be 4000 level difference and Ladder can be as much as 499. Ordinary PvP SHOULD be included.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 14:33

There would be no exploitation available - just Medal progress for real PvP, For a PvP Smasher medal. (like it used to be?)

PvP is in the game, reward ordinary hits aswell as bounty/Ladder. Atleast in PvP the level limitations is +/-10 where as Bounty can be 4000 level difference and Ladder can be as much as 499. Ordinary PvP SHOULD be included.

No, because the smasher medal has no place in "normal PvP".  The reward for that is the amount of gold involved.  

Yeah, PvP is in the game, but what you may not realize is that the reason the PvP ranking system was changed so that ranking applies to Ladder participants only is because apparently that system was being exploited.  I never did it, but I heard loads on the top of the Dominance list did on a regular basis.  

I was away when the Smasher medal was first implemented, but I was told that "normal PvP" was removed not only because non-PvPers raised an outcry but also because there were too many unscrupulous players exploiting that system.  

If you want to progress on that medal, either join your ladder band or just smash every bounty you take.  

Edited by BadPenny, 04 January 2020 - 14:35.

~Love, Penny

AZxelNi.jpg

#7 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 20:21

Since everybody is necro-posting on this I will too.  I'd like to see the prestige changed to 1 point for every stam used, regular pvp and BB.  This would reduce prestige farming and give more incentive to smashing on the BB.  Both things should make the non-pvp'ers much happier.

Screenshot everything!

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 20:36

Since everybody is necro-posting on this I will too.  I'd like to see the prestige changed to 1 point for every stam used, regular pvp and BB.  This would reduce prestige farming and give more incentive to smashing on the BB.  Both things should make the non-pvp'ers much happier.

This I agree on wholeheartedly 

Wish I had thought of it.

~Love, Penny

AZxelNi.jpg

#9 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 06 January 2020 - 22:52

well my own thoughts are make it only count for bb hits ,the ladder imo is a joke hence why i use the loop hole to get out after i hit everyone ,

at least we are talking about pvp again ,instead of the other stuff

5aZzW0p.png

#10 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 19:17

Just something to mull on:  I've always thought that the prestige system should be operated like the XP system., with players who have prestige points losing an appropriate amount to a winning attacking player.  Maybe if the losing player has no prestige points to loose then the winner would get a smaller amount of prestige then usual.  Possibly  there could be exceptions to this if it's a bounty or ladder hit.  Anyway, you could salt and pepper this idea the way you like it. 

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:40

Just something to mull on:  I've always thought that the prestige system should be operated like the XP system., with players who have prestige points losing an appropriate amount to a winning attacking player.  Maybe if the losing player has no prestige points to loose then the winner would get a smaller amount of prestige then usual.  Possibly  there could be exceptions to this if it's a bounty or ladder hit.  Anyway, you could salt and pepper this idea the way you like it. 

This is how the  original PvP *ranking* system worked, and how it still does on the ladder. 

Although I do support the amount of Prestige gained being dependent of stam being used same as ladder rankings, I feel changing it to where it's "exchanged" in the same way is too much like the old system which was apparently exploited.  

Prestige and ranking are completely independent of each other with ranking being only available to ladder participants, and the rewards thereof only purchasable by those players. 

Prestige is a tiny reward for venturing into PvP, and is actually just a special buff to assist in leveling.  Compare exchanging it back and forth to having your the levels of buffs from an Epic chest being dependent upon your k/s.  Seems a bit inequitable to me, and  I don't think that would go down to well with anyone, do you?

Edited by BadPenny, 21 January 2020 - 01:41.

~Love, Penny

AZxelNi.jpg

#12 TheCount

TheCount

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 00:11

If you want the bounty board to come alive, the cost of posting bounties would have to be reduced. Or pick on guilds that actually defend their members.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: