Defence: 758 (+595)
AC: 2072 (+854)
DMG: 8022-8358 (+2025)

AP: 266 / 1796
HP: 8767 / 11934
MP: 474 / 662

Vial In Use: Patriarch Rainbow Essence

:wink:

WOW thanks for proving my point!!! I see this is a HUGE advantage over every type of character except Demon types!!! And to think that this is somehow even remotely close to losing 1/3 of the damage that the shield protect me for the same price. You can take a crap load more hits then ANY OTHER CHARACTER TYPE IN THE GAME!!!! If you cant see this is way out of proprotion then you are blind as the three mice!!! This alone should stand to reason that Hoof needs to play test before he makes changes I dont know what would. So you get to have basically two vials on at once compared to everyone elses one!!

#22 Mortski

Mortski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 00:56

my stats normally:

Alias: Mort
Class: Infernal
Level: 4797

Attack: 1785 (+920)
Defence: 676 (+595)
AC: 1575 (+854)
DMG: 5595-5929 (+2025)

AP: 459 / 1166
HP: 3365 / 3365
MP: 386 / 426

Vial In Use: [none]

With a Rainbow Pat Vial and Demonic Posession active:

Attack: 3117 (+920)
Defence: 758 (+595)
AC: 2072 (+854)
DMG: 8022-8358 (+2025)

AP: 266 / 1796
HP: 8767 / 11934
MP: 474 / 662

Vial In Use: Patriarch Rainbow Essence

:wink:

WOW thanks for proving my point!!! I see this is a HUGE advantage over every type of character except Demon types!!! And to think that this is somehow even remotely close to losing 1/3 of the damage that the shield protect me for the same price. You can take a crap load more hits then ANY OTHER CHARACTER TYPE IN THE GAME!!!! If you cant see this is way out of proprotion then you are blind as the three mice!!! This alone should stand to reason that Hoof needs to play test before he makes changes I dont know what would. So you get to have basically two vials on at once compared to everyone elses one!!

I dont have any ASP in constitution or quick learner either. But Rock skin, Hard Hitter, Piercing Strike are maxed out. (Although the new skill is worked out on base stats the ASps will increase the overall stats displayed)

#23 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 00:57

I think it's going to take a lot more than that to unseat you, Andor.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but let me do some math for ya to make it clearer:

A lvl 4000 Mage (anything but Celestial) and a lvl 4000 Celestial mage go to battle. Each has equal stats, resistances, everything.

Indeed the Celestial will win almost every time.

So for the purposes of PvP vs Celestials - I just lost 33% or over 1000 points of wisdom. :evil:

Infernals wont have it *quite* so bad b/c they now have 50% more base HP. So a character with 1000 base HP just got 500 HP to 1500. A Pat vial gives another 400% on top of that so now the same infernal will have what? 6K HP???

Top lvl Infernals are going to be running around with 35-50K HP when they had 20K yesterday. :shock:

That's just silly... buy hey the'll need it against Celestials that happen to have their sheilds up. Fortunately with that 25% attack bonus, they'll be able to hit anything now. :roll:

*sigh*

:evil:

My hp on a pat is around 14K with the possession skill! Base hp 540! Its about time we got what we deserve. But i do think elf mages need a skill as they get no benifits from there lower skills! HOOF NEXT PORT OF CALL MAYBE?

So going from 540 base hp to around 14k, that is justified because??????? Oh that is right you clarified it with we just got what we deserved????? Man can I live in your world for a while. I deserve a million dollars every time I go to work and take a dump and do the laundry. Well, it is what i deserve!!! I really think it would be benifical to the GAME, that we all play that it is more around 5 to 7% in base increase. You are still getting a better vial then EVERY other character class, right now you are just overpowered. And everybody but Demons can see it.

#24 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:08

MAX CONSTTUTION SKILL AND THE MYTH OF ARES QUEST! THE SKILL AINT WORTH THE BLOOD IF ITS LOWER! Avarage of +300 on stats give it a break and come at me when you operate a demon! personaly id rather have the angelic skill. Least you can lvl on hybrid anacondas while collecting souls, you get exp, good exp at that while getting them. us demons get nadda when collecting blood but thats fineits a fair trade. But hey it just sounds like a jealous rant to me, this makes up for the lack of skills we suffered for such a long time. the angelic and demon skills are fair amd lvledIm a hitter you absorb dmg. stop winging! elf mages need something next and your aprouch on a debate well does you no favors!

#25 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:34

MAX CONSTTUTION SKILL AND THE MYTH OF ARES QUEST! THE SKILL AINT WORTH THE BLOOD IF ITS LOWER! Avarage of +300 on stats give it a break and come at me when you operate a demon! personaly id rather have the angelic skill. Least you can lvl on hybrid anacondas while collecting souls, you get exp, good exp at that while getting them. us demons get nadda when collecting blood but thats fineits a fair trade. But hey it just sounds like a jealous rant to me, this makes up for the lack of skills we suffered for such a long time. the angelic and demon skills are fair amd lvledIm a hitter you absorb dmg. stop winging! elf mages need something next and your aprouch on a debate well does you no favors!

Again you have right there "We got screwed for a long time!!" I have to waste about 50 ap to become the best!! Are you kidding????!!!!! It needs to be lowered, your just blinded by the brilliant numbers, I would be too. But take a step back and realize Demon ARENT the only class in the game. So for 50 ap you get to have a vial at the least, 25% better and 50% in some cases, and you would rather have a skill that reduces the damage i recieve by 33%? Why on gods green earth would you do that. Even if it was reduced, like it should have started that way if Hoof playtested it, you would have a better vial then any other class in the game by 5 to 7% for 50 ap and then 3 every half hour to keep it. Now please dont tell me, you dont know what it is to play a demon and have been screwed forever, bc that is weak and has no bearing about getting a better skill by a whole bunch. Look at the numbers that you are getting with it on as compared to when you dont have it on. And then tell me that you are not getting over with this skill and i will laugh in your face.

#26 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:42

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but let me do some math for ya to make it clearer:

A lvl 4000 Mage (anything but Celestial) and a lvl 4000 Celestial mage go to battle. Each has equal stats, resistances, everything.

So for the purposes of PvP vs Celestials - I just lost 33% or over 1000 points of wisdom. :evil:

Infernals wont have it *quite* so bad b/c they now have 50% more base HP. So a character with 1000 base HP just got 500 HP to 1500. A Pat vial gives another 400% on top of that so now the same infernal will have what? 6K HP???

Top lvl Infernals are going to be running around with 35-50K HP when they had 20K yesterday. :shock:

That's just silly... buy hey the'll need it against Celestials that happen to have their sheilds up. Fortunately with that 25% attack bonus, they'll be able to hit anything now. :roll:

*sigh*

My hp on a pat is around 14K with the possession skill! Base hp 540! Its about time we got what we deserve. But i do think elf mages need a skill as they get no benifits from there lower skills! HOOF NEXT PORT OF CALL MAYBE?

So going from 540 base hp to around 14k, that is justified because??????? Oh that is right you clarified it with we just got what we deserved????? Man can I live in your world for a while. I deserve a million dollars every time I go to work and take a dump and do the laundry. Well, it is what i deserve!!! I really think it would be benifical to the GAME, that we all play that it is more around 5 to 7% in base increase. You are still getting a better vial then EVERY other character class, right now you are just overpowered. And everybody but Demons can see it.

I can tell ya for now that real has huge ap as it is. Without possesion ya looking at arround 11500 hp. So it gave him an extra 2.5k! He was hard to kill in the first place, he is just a lil bit harder to kill thats all. Its not an impossible task. Hell if i can kill andor I am sure you can kill rael!

I realy dont see the big upset here, they got a good skill that they finnally needed. Angels got a far better skill to and i can tell you now it is more than 33%. So yeah they get an extra vial, costs ap to maintian and start in the first place.

Its an advantage, that i do agree on. Yet i dont feel that it is gonna make demons the best class in the game. They are tough yet you can hit them. Undead classes are probably just as tough and half the time ya cant hit them. Elves get that crit hit and most chars in the game go squish. Shadows, well hell we are yet to see the full potential of the shadow class so for arguments sake I wont include them.

To be honest I am sick of the whole game due to this recnet update. We all begged and pleaded for something new and cool for the angelic/demonic classes and what happenes when it arrives. Everey one gets in such a dicky fit. Its ruining my enjoyment of being here! I have never met such a group of sulky narrow minded people in all my life!

Hoof and crew work dammed hard to make this game what it is! i for one am very greatfull of that. Yet when they do something for us we chew it up and spit it right back at them and tell em to try harder next time. Good job I aint making this game cause I would have pulled the plug on all ya asses long ago!

Anyways thats that said.

Please FFS leave it be. Rise to the challenge of new class skills. To put it blunt....Keep up or shut the hell up!

#27 gothador_preciouskin

gothador_preciouskin
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:43

elf mages need something next!

Haha, at this point I don't know how they could even be brought up to par. They already have half the port or less of every other porting class in the game. They do 35% less dmg than Spirits, Infernals, and Celestials (assuming creature is turned and 4th tier skill maxed). They have 2/3rds the hp and mp of Infernals, and 4/5ths the defense. In short, they're screwed.

#28 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:46

Rael aplauds ginge. "Does he do magic tricks as well mommy, does he/ please say he does." :twisted:

"Preciouse I see more elves in the top 100 than any other class, wonder why that is?" <<<<

#29 Mortski

Mortski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:52

I am still bitter about not being able to revert my my dark elf. I was trying out all the classes and intended to end up angelic but never realised I couldn't revert so now have a kindred mage :roll:

Thems the cards - gotta play them best you can.

#30 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:55

*sigh*

I can tell ya for now that real has huge ap as it is. Without possesion ya looking at arround 11500 hp. So it gave him an extra 2.5k! He was hard to kill in the first place, he is just a lil bit harder to kill thats all. Its not an impossible task. Hell if i can kill andor I am sure you can kill rael!

I realy dont see the big upset here, they got a good skill that they finnally needed. Angels got a far better skill to and i can tell you now it is more than 33%. So yeah they get an extra vial, costs ap to maintian and start in the first place.

Its an advantage, that i do agree on. Yet i dont feel that it is gonna make demons the best class in the game. They are tough yet you can hit them. Undead classes are probably just as tough and half the time ya cant hit them. Elves get that crit hit and most chars in the game go squish. Shadows, well hell we are yet to see the full potential of the shadow class so for arguments sake I wont include them.

To be honest I am sick of the whole game due to this recnet update. We all begged and pleaded for something new and cool for the angelic/demonic classes and what happenes when it arrives. Everey one gets in such a dicky fit. Its ruining my enjoyment of being here! I have never met such a group of sulky narrow minded people in all my life!

Hoof and crew work dammed hard to make this game what it is! i for one am very greatfull of that. Yet when they do something for us we chew it up and spit it right back at them and tell em to try harder next time. Good job I aint making this game cause I would have pulled the plug on all ya asses long ago!

Anyways thats that said.

Please FFS leave it be. Rise to the challenge of new class skills. To put it blunt....Keep up or shut the hell up!

I know for a fact that it increased AS to hitpoints 38k, you can not tell me that is not overpowered. How did Hoof work hard, he got opinions from a few people and ran with it, He didnt play test it, he just implemented it. It is something that can be exploited beyond belief. And as for you getting sick of people thoughts on this, then dont read them!! It is a free world and we can post what we think. I in no way think that this is fair and i dont think it is responsible of Hoof to put this in like he did. I love this game but to get a couple people opinions and then implement it is just crazy. And then I top on that to not even play test it. Like I have said many times a 5 to 7% increase in those same areas, still makes them the best skill in the game that doesnt overpower it.

To put it blunt....you dont like what i write dont read it!!!

#31 gothador_preciouskin

gothador_preciouskin
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:00

"Preciouse I see more elves in the top 100 than any other class, wonder why that is?" <<<<

Hard work can go a long way. It sure as heck isn't because of their class skills.

#32 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:18

*sigh*

Anyways thats that said.

I know for a fact that it increased AS to hitpoints 38k, you can not tell me that is not overpowered. How did Hoof work hard, he got opinions from a few people and ran with it, He didnt play test it, he just implemented it. It is something that can be exploited beyond belief. And as for you getting sick of people thoughts on this, then dont read them!! It is a free world and we can post what we think. I in no way think that this is fair and i dont think it is responsible of Hoof to put this in like he did. I love this game but to get a couple people opinions and then implement it is just crazy. And then I top on that to not even play test it. Like I have said many times a 5 to 7% increase in those same areas, still makes them the best skill in the game that doesnt overpower it.

Thats AS. He has always had huge HP. I have never been able to get round that. Its just the way he is built. He more than likely has max constitution. Thats what i would do regardless of the new skill.

And to say hoof dun work hard. Man how rude? That man was up till 4am last night, then still at it at midday! He had to code it all, implement it, smooth out bugs, but shucks crchase says thats just a strole in the park aye?

Ok lets try and get back on track now shall we?

+25% attack and damage. Major? not realy! still have a 50% chance to not hit undead. increses a mges defence, but crap since wega came thats gonna be happening for quite some time. Most mages I know have turned back to leveling defence. This just means that demonic mages can maybe concentrate in differant areas.

Damage bonus.... aint one so they aint gonna be leveling any quicker than the rest. Ok so we have the turn ability and associated skill. This needs allot of sp points, points that are better in other areas for some char types ( rael and As for instance with max constitution)

+50% hp. Ok gonna make them as tough as a brick crap house. Compared to angelic shield, not too much of a biggy. They have more hp, angels reduce dmg. Elves get the damage mod to kill them in one swing when it kicks in, which isnt that often I know. Orcs get to double their damage every hit if they choose. Undead dodge half ya hits. this just makes them as hard to kill as the rest. apart from elves. Now hell eleves are week in any game in the world, so why should it be differant here?

+50% mp. I would love this most mages would all this has done though has given the mage a bit of saving grace on the fact that they need tonnes of pots and need to spend tonnes of ap. Fair on the rest? probabaly not but whats 50% to a mage really? they gonna get a few more casts. mages have huge MP thats a fact! the demon just got a bit more than the rest. wupdy doo

#33 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:19

Hard work can go a long way. It sure as heck isn't because of their class skills.

so ya saying i aint worked hard? I put in just as much work as most elevs that were arround when i started. How many of them are ahaed of me? all of em that how many! pffft put more work in

#34 gothador_preciouskin

gothador_preciouskin
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:25

so ya saying i aint worked hard? I put in just as much work as most elevs that were arround when i started. How many of them are ahaed of me? all of em that how many! pffft put more work in

Then I guess they just cheat.

Do you seriously think there's something about Elven Mages that enabled them to gain more xp for less ap than you? At the end of the day they spent as much or more ap hunting than you did. If you're unhappy about it you either need to trade more or buy some USPs out of pocket because it sure as heck isn't because of your class.

#35 mamori

mamori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:36

the thing is, the 50% hp bonus just about evens out teh angelic shield itself, add in att, def, and mp and it's a bit much. add in immunity to that, and the celestials who were happy yesterday are now like "...why'd they get that much more?"

ill admit, angelic shield is more usefull in PvP than Immunity (so far), but they are about as useful in overall hunting.

so add in the 50% hp bonus, okay, that gets them some extra hp equivelebt to what the angelic shield saves us in the first place, but at a lower cost...okay, i can live with that, RPs well with vamp reguv. anyway.

but the other stat boosts? not gonna fly im afraid. can't stay the way it is now, you have to do something along the lines of;

- increaseing mainting cost
- reduce % or areas affected
- have it count as a vial
- make it so that once a creature has been blood sucked, it cannot be bloodsucked again, not even by another character.

or

- give celestials another (low ds fueled) skill
- or increase dmg absorbed by angelic shield
- give celestials % boost while angelic shield is acivated
- and again since it's actually very usefull, ability to convert ds to hp/mp refill (mp preferd for me since hp does little for me at this point, but gotta give warriors something too).

#36 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:37

*sigh*

Anyways thats that said.

Thats AS. He has always had huge HP. I have never been able to get round that. Its just the way he is built. He more than likely has max constitution. Thats what i would do regardless of the new skill.

And to say hoof dun work hard. Man how rude? That man was up till 4am last night, then still at it at midday! He had to code it all, implement it, smooth out bugs, but shucks crchase says thats just a strole in the park aye?

Ok lets try and get back on track now shall we?

+25% attack and damage. Major? not realy! still have a 50% chance to not hit undead. increses a mges defence, but crap since wega came thats gonna be happening for quite some time. Most mages I know have turned back to leveling defence. This just means that demonic mages can maybe concentrate in differant areas.

Damage bonus.... aint one so they aint gonna be leveling any quicker than the rest. Ok so we have the turn ability and associated skill. This needs allot of sp points, points that are better in other areas for some char types ( rael and As for instance with max constitution)

+50% hp. Ok gonna make them as tough as a brick crap house. Compared to angelic shield, not too much of a biggy. They have more hp, angels reduce dmg. Elves get the damage mod to kill them in one swing when it kicks in, which isnt that often I know. Orcs get to double their damage every hit if they choose. Undead dodge half ya hits. this just makes them as hard to kill as the rest. apart from elves. Now hell eleves are week in any game in the world, so why should it be differant here?

+50% mp. I would love this most mages would all this has done though has given the mage a bit of saving grace on the fact that they need tonnes of pots and need to spend tonnes of ap. Fair on the rest? probabaly not but whats 50% to a mage really? they gonna get a few more casts. mages have huge MP thats a fact! the demon just got a bit more than the rest. wupdy doo

lets see http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=41012 i am more then willing to try it out.

hoof started this at Posted: 29 Sep 2006 15:19 Post subject: Demonic Possession

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Some people have stated that demonic possession was a useless skill and possible should be changed/adjusted - what are your feelings on this?

(Positive comments only please!).

- hoof

and then implemented it 16:39 29/09/06 Skill Changed
Hi all,

The demonic possession skill has now been changed as follows...

- Activation increased from 25 to 50 blood.
- Upkeep increased from 2 to 3 blood.

The modifiers now affect the main characters stats instead of the summons and change them as follows...

- +25% base atk
- +25% base def
- +50% base hp
- +50% base mp

We hope you like the changes to this skill :)

- hoofmaster

So you mean to tell me in 1 hour and 20 minutes he figured out all the rammifications to it??? Please most people didnt even get to respond to it before it was changed on a few people opinion. I think it has changed the game in favor of one class. I think it needs to work and can work with some modification. Most people cant even brainstorm in an hour and twenty minutes, but it was thought of and implemented in that time frame. There needs to be testing before a major test like this is conducted. If it overpowers one class for an hour and twenty minutes of works, lets take a look at it and make the necessary changes where they need to be taken.

#37 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:39

Then I guess they just cheat.

Do you seriously think there's something about Elven Mages that enabled them to gain more xp for less ap than you? At the end of the day they spent as much or more ap hunting than you did. If you're unhappy about it you either need to trade more or buy some USPs out of pocket because it sure as heck isn't because of your class.

Where in Raels statement did it specify just mages? It didnt! It said elves, as in generically. Dont for one second tell me how much I have spent or traded, I know and its a hell of allot. Elven mages have been shafted, thats a well known fact. Eleven warriors are a force to be reckoned with, and thats a fact. I was not specifying mages nor was Rael. Sorry to maybe cross ya wires there dude didnt mean too

#38 gothador_preciouskin

gothador_preciouskin
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:43

Where in Raels statement did it specify just mages? It didnt! It said elves, as in generically. Dont for one second tell me how much I have spent or traded, I know and its a hell of allot. Elven mages have been shafted, thats a well known fact. Eleven warriors are a force to be reckoned with, and thats a fact. I was not specifying mages nor was Rael. Sorry to maybe cross ya wires there dude didnt mean too

Ah, but his response was in a statement I made directly related to Elven Mages. Still, if you're bringing up Elven Warriors being ahead of you, I think that has a lot more to do with the subclass they chose rather than the class.

#39 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:46

"Ginge do you ever get the feelin' ya not bein' listened too? We get it all the time on this forum!"

#40 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:51

I cant be arsed quoting ya crchase cause its making the posts too dam long...

Right an hour and 20 mins ya say? Ok that was to change an already exsiting set of codes from applying to summons to applying to chars instead. So what happened to all the hours spent cosing the dam skill in the first place? all done in that magical 1 hour and 20 kins? I very much doubt it.

Anyways this aint about how long hoof spends on the coding of the game is it? thats just something taht has been discussed along the way. You say he dont work hard, I say he does.

As for changing the skill on a whim, this skill has been discussed and talked about in many threads by many parties throughout the night and most of today. Hoof then decided to open a thread asking for general feeling. He got responses that were pretty much the general feeling from all the other threads where people had decided to voice what they deamed as a worthy skill. So no it wasnt a case of 1 hour and 20 mins.

As for the angels not liking what they got since the demons got their new skill, Hmmmm lets look at that aye mamori. Theres you, costin, and jasmin from what I have seen. Most of the other s like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: