Take a good look....

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 02:58

I cant be arsed quoting ya crchase cause its making the posts too dam long...

Right an hour and 20 mins ya say? Ok that was to change an already exsiting set of codes from applying to summons to applying to chars instead. So what happened to all the hours spent cosing the dam skill in the first place? all done in that magical 1 hour and 20 kins? I very much doubt it.

Anyways this aint about how long hoof spends on the coding of the game is it? thats just something taht has been discussed along the way. You say he dont work hard, I say he does.

As for changing the skill on a whim, this skill has been discussed and talked about in many threads by many parties throughout the night and most of today. Hoof then decided to open a thread asking for general feeling. He got responses that were pretty much the general feeling from all the other threads where people had decided to voice what they deamed as a worthy skill. So no it wasnt a case of 1 hour and 20 mins.

As for the angels not liking what they got since the demons got their new skill, Hmmmm lets look at that aye mamori. Theres you, costin, and jasmin from what I have seen. Most of the other s like it.

I never said he didnt work hard, I said he needs to playtest and get more info then a couple of peoples, bc he had that decided without seeing what the majority of the people thought about this game. I have always liked the angels new skill and I like the idea of the demons new skill, just think it is to overpowered. I wish it was playtested. Hoof can look at anyones stats and copy them to hooftest and see what exactly that would do to a class. That wasnt done and should have been. Then why ask people there opinion and implement it in an hour and 20 minutes??? You can not tell me that is the broad spectrum of what people thought was right. We can count the number of people that were in the message and see it was not indictivative of the number of people that actively play this game and would like to have had an opinion.

#42 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:09

How did Hoof work hard, he got opinions from a few people and ran with it, He didnt play test it, he just implemented it.

I am not sure what ya meant by that then. Looks to me like ya were saying hoof didnt work hard

#43 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:16

How did Hoof work hard, he got opinions from a few people and ran with it, He didnt play test it, he just implemented it.

I am not sure what ya meant by that then. Looks to me like ya were saying hoof didnt work hard

here is the break down of class representation before he implemented it:

Elves
3 posts

Spirits
3 posts

Angels
6 posts

Demons
17 posts

Titans
0 posts

So I am sorry if it came across he didnt work hard, what i meant was there was no playtesting and we see where most of the info came from was the class trying to get a better skill. OF COURSE they will say they need the mos, I would too. If we break it down to the number of people that actually posted we would see it was very few people making that choose. And there was NO NOT ONE BIT OF PLAYTESTING.

Posted: 29 Sep 2006 16:13 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are changing this now (news post to follow shortly).

[locked]

- hoof

So that closed it at 1613 and the skill was available at 1639. WHERE IS THE PLAYTESTING? WHERE IS THE VOICE OF GOTHADOR???? Answer that for me Ginge.

#44 gothador_ginge

gothador_ginge
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:24

Then why ask people there opinion and implement it in an hour and 20 minutes??? You can not tell me that is the broad spectrum of what people thought was right. We can count the number of people that were in the message and see it was not indictivative of the number of people that actively play this game and would like to have had an opinion.

http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=40936

There ya go...one discussion that was started at 5:30 am uk time.

http://forum.gothado... ... c&start=15

yet another thread where discussion started at arround 3am uk time.....

another one with exactly the same thing happening....

There are more, pretty much every thread that had anything to do with the new demon skills. These threads whent on through the night. It wasnt till mid afternoon that hoof mad the descision to ask for a general opinion. Striaght away in a matter of minuites we had most peopel saying that the summon skill sucked. Surely all of these threads that had ongoing discusions through the night had a slight swing on his descisions? I dont claim to know just making a wild guess, but it doesnt look like he made that descision within an hour and a half now does it?

#45 gothador_crchase

gothador_crchase
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:30

Then why ask people there opinion and implement it in an hour and 20 minutes??? You can not tell me that is the broad spectrum of what people thought was right. We can count the number of people that were in the message and see it was not indictivative of the number of people that actively play this game and would like to have had an opinion.

http://forum.gothado...pic.php?t=40936

There ya go...one discussion that was started at 5:30 am uk time.

yet another thread where discussion started at arround 3am uk time.....

another one with exactly the same thing happening....

There are more, pretty much every thread that had anything to do with the new demon skills. These threads whent on through the night. It wasnt till mid afternoon that hoof mad the descision to ask for a general opinion. Striaght away in a matter of minuites we had most peopel saying that the summon skill sucked. Surely all of these threads that had ongoing discusions through the night had a slight swing on his descisions? I dont claim to know just making a wild guess, but it doesnt look like he made that descision within an hour and a half now does it?

What Hoof started and asked for opinions and what I see was the decision was an hour and twenty minutes. I didnt get to voice my opinion in there and again I ask you, WHERE WAS THE PLAYTESTING? WHY NOT TRY IT OUT ON HOOFTEST TO SEE IF IT WAS VIABLE? I dont see that, do you?

#46 gothador_nyarlathote

gothador_nyarlathote
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:42

I think it's going to take a lot more than that to unseat you, Andor.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but let me do some math for ya to make it clearer:

A lvl 4000 Mage (anything but Celestial) and a lvl 4000 Celestial mage go to battle. Each has equal stats, resistances, everything.

Indeed the Celestial will win almost every time.

So for the purposes of PvP vs Celestials - I just lost 33% or over 1000 points of wisdom. :evil:

Infernals wont have it *quite* so bad b/c they now have 50% more base HP. So a character with 1000 base HP just got 500 HP to 1500. A Pat vial gives another 400% on top of that so now the same infernal will have what? 6K HP???

Top lvl Infernals are going to be running around with 35-50K HP when they had 20K yesterday. :shock:

That's just silly... buy hey the'll need it against Celestials that happen to have their sheilds up. Fortunately with that 25% attack bonus, they'll be able to hit anything now. :roll:

*sigh*

:evil:

Undeads have Unholy Terror meaning 25% more attacks will not hit.

Shadows just hit then hide.

Just to add to the Demonic Possession discussion ...
Just to activate this skill, we need to have expended over 50 AP on finding and drinking the blood.
Not exactly an AP saver is it?

#47 gothador_preciouskin

gothador_preciouskin
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 04:53

Just to activate this skill, we need to have expended over 50 AP on finding and drinking the blood.

A warrior (mages have crap base attack) can gain 1k blood points in about a USP drinking from just a few creatures. So 50 to activate, that leaves 950 leftover...3 bloodpoints per half hour...that works out to 158 hours, so almost a full week of increased stats for the price of a USP. For some it's not worth it, for others it will be more than useful enough to justify the cost.

#48 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:36

An idea:

Lower the stat increase, but make the bloodsuck skill take 1-5 blood for each use, instead of one.

OR

Make the skill last only an hour for 50 BP, take away the upkeep, and make the bloodsuck skill take 1-5 blood per use, instead of one.

Also like to point out that Greenskins/Warlords/Titans STILL suck.

#49 lasciel

lasciel

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 06:40

Honestly, I think those of you that are complaining are looking at the wrong examples of characters when talking about this skill. You are looking at people like AssStallion that were hunting Ogros in a PvP realm for XP and so were forced to beef up their HPs a bit and actually had to have some ATK to be able to hit their hunting critters on Gold Seekers, and you're looking at Rael, a character built for PvPing more than really hunting (and that isn't even factoring in his high base AP).

If you look at the newer breed of demonic warriors coming through that aren't forced to have a high base attack because they don't need it to be able to hunt their XP creatures, you will find the SMART ones will not be using this as a booster on top of high base stats, they will be using this to make up the difference in other areas (such as DMG which has no bonus), just like Ginge said earlier in the thread.

The same can be said for the Angelic Shield - it means that for angels, they now don't have to invest as much in HP and worry about having 98% res all of the time, so they can invest in other areas and it gives them more gameplay options.

This is NOT a permanent boost to stats, like many of you are making it out to be. It seems to be a common misconception amongst the other classes that all we did as demonics was sat around bloodsucking so we have piles and piles of unused BP - that is NOT true for the majority of people using this skill...they WILL have to go out and spend the AP getting Blood Points to use it, and as such will probably only use the skill when the situation arises for it.

#50 Anomander Rake

Anomander Rake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:27

To CR chase: If i hit you fully vialled up your Celestial Shield will remove well over 6k of my dmg - (assuming i get a lucky strike when i hit ya) - You DON'T think a 6K AC boost isn't a little over powered?

edit (from another thread):

00:32 29/09/06
In retaliation, MysticalMe attacked you and hit you for 2963 points. (Angelic Shield absorbed 5996 damage.)

#51 Anomander Rake

Anomander Rake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:33

A warrior (mages have crap base attack) can gain 1k blood points in about a USP drinking from just a few creatures. So 50 to activate, that leaves 950 leftover...3 bloodpoints per half hour...that works out to 158 hours, so almost a full week of increased stats for the price of a USP. For some it's not worth it, for others it will be more than useful enough to justify the cost.

i found bloodsuck fails around 10% of the time

#52 Mortski

Mortski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:46

What happened to all the celestials yesterday that were saying things along the lines of ' you have new skills enjoy them. Hoof didnt have to give us anything'

( - even though the infernal ones weren't balanced with the celestial upgrade - a viewpoint many different classes, not just infernals, agreed upon.)

Well I say - you celestials have a lovely new set of skills - enjoy them. Hoof didnt have to give us anything.

Plus we will all benefit from the summon possession skill at some point so we will actually get a little extra treat via a quest in the future.

(This being the skill you thought had potential - you should be so pleased that it isn't going to be infernally restricted now :wink: )

#53 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:07

Rael aplauds Mort, Hellraiser and Val. "Well said! now where's the cheese cake and pie?"

.........<<<
....... << for a certain celestial!

#54 gothador_toneboogie

gothador_toneboogie
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:54

Kindred Elves should be able to reach into their pockets and have exact change for Soda and Snack Machines at any time. Hoof... BOOK IT! We need thsi skill!

#55 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 15:10

"Couple of sugestions, Bandit lords, jewel theives, giants! Need we say more, these are easy to hit! Oh not countin' the countless bandits and humans in gothador!" *shrugs* "Invalid aguement man, give it up!"

#56 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 15:30

Rael aplauds Mort, Hellraiser and Val. "Well said! now where's the cheese cake and pie?"

.........<<<
....... << for a certain celestial!

*steals the cheesecake*

Don't waste it on them please!!! Thats just not right!!!

#57 Anomander Rake

Anomander Rake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 15:44

i don't like cheesecake - ya can have mine - i'll just have pie

#58 shannanan

shannanan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 15:50

i want some cheese cake :D

~loves cheese cake~

#59 gothador_raelcleap

gothador_raelcleap
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 16:00

"Ya want pie and cheese cake? OK .....FOOD FIGHT!!!!" Rael starts launching pie's and cheese cake at everyone in the thread. :twisted:

#60 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 16:04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana