In the top 10 without buying any USPs in over a year!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Jinx

Jinx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:40

for the very first time, i have issed a blue card. mods - please do whatever magic you do and make the insults go away :P

thanks

That right there is a clickable offense... Nice try.
Besides... How could the mods make you go away?
Yeah, theres the button, right there. *points*

#22 alianya

alianya

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:41

Just curious but whats a blue card? :oops:
Posted Image

#23 gothador_ruham

gothador_ruham
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:41

for the very first time, i have issed a blue card. mods - please do whatever magic you do and make the insults go away :P

thanks

That right there is a clickable offense... Nice try.
Besides... How could the mods make you go away?
Yeah, theres the button, right there. *points*

pff

#24 insatiable

insatiable

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:42

all i said is i blue carded you, i hope they do decide you broke rules

1) don't try to hide things in white and/or tiny text

2) don't intentionally try to bait a player

3) don't hijack a thread

4) don't make disparaging comments against HCS

hope in one hand hun ;)

1, you aren't a mod, you don't make the rules to a post.

2, you are baiting me now by continuing this.

3, you are hijacking, by telling me not to hijack.

4, i made no disparaging comments against HCS, i never even referenced HCS. the mods on the forum, are not HCS employees.

#25 Mekare

Mekare

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:07

The little button next to 'quote'. You can report a post if you find it in violation of of the forum's rules. The mods and HCS have the final say.
Posted Image

#26 gothador_urlkill

gothador_urlkill
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2007 - 16:47

always wondered why pro got slack but dude insatiable just payed you a complement an you bite his head off :roll:

meh, congrats anyway, somethin tells me i should jump on the WDV bandwagon too.

thats what i thought when i first saw it - then i realized there's some tiny white text that was far from a compliment.

ah didnt see that :lol:

#27 gothador_jennison

gothador_jennison
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2007 - 19:58

show off!!!!

Nice Job :shock:

#28 alianya

alianya

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 20:50

The little button next to 'quote'. You can report a post if you find it in violation of of the forum's rules. The mods and HCS have the final say.

Thanks Mekare.
Posted Image

#29 gothador_ymir

gothador_ymir
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:15

Why is it that someone can insult you and nobody cares? But when you defend yourself against their attack you get banned and they get to sit there and laugh about it?

I dont know the story between the two so I am staying out of it, but I thought personal attacks etc werent allowed by anyone, not just by certain people?

#30 gothador_phoenixeld

gothador_phoenixeld
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:01

Why is it that someone can insult you and nobody cares? But when you defend yourself against their attack you get banned and they get to sit there and laugh about it?

I dont know the story between the two so I am staying out of it, but I thought personal attacks etc werent allowed by anyone, not just by certain people?

your right and ProzaKc's banning is unjust as he was defending himself.

what man will take that type of attack and just lay down to die

#31 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:07

Wait, things people say on the internet can cause you to die? :shock:

#32 gothador_butters

gothador_butters
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:11

Everyone got banned what more do you want?

"He started it" stops working as soon as you get out of kindergarten.

Yes valamelmeo, the internets is serious bidness with death as the outcome, kinda like Thunderdome. :P

#33 gothador_phoenixeld

gothador_phoenixeld
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:12

figure of speech :P

#34 gothador_jennison

gothador_jennison
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:15

ok, I think you have all gone a bit far. First this was not a thread to belittle or demean anyone. I adore Pro and however he gets his AP's doesn't really matter to me nor should it matter to anyone here. He isn't spending the money to buy them and that was the only thing he pointed out. The stupid senseless small white text posted on a public forum for EVERYONE to read is just silly. This is a game and most of us are adults, heaven forbid anyone should grow up and start acting like it.

My personal opinion is if you don't like someone, who cares, there are people in the game that I don't like but I am not going to try and smear them every chance I get. I am not going to post on an accomplishment thread to talk crap about them and not expect anyone else to see it or say anything about it.

I think that Pro being banned this time was due to petty differences with a mod. I reviewed the thread and there was nothing wrong. I would not sit there and not defend myself either.

#35 gothador_phoenixeld

gothador_phoenixeld
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:19

ok, I think you have all gone a bit far. First this was not a thread to belittle or demean anyone. I adore Pro and however he gets his AP's doesn't really matter to me nor should it matter to anyone here. He isn't spending the money to buy them and that was the only thing he pointed out. The stupid senseless small white text posted on a public forum for EVERYONE to read is just silly. This is a game and most of us are adults, heaven forbid anyone should grow up and start acting like it.

My personal opinion is if you don't like someone, who cares, there are people in the game that I don't like but I am not going to try and smear them every chance I get. I am not going to post on an accomplishment thread to talk crap about them and not expect anyone else to see it or say anything about it.

I think that Pro being banned this time was due to petty differences with a mod. I reviewed the thread and there was nothing wrong. I would not sit there and not defend myself either.

Agreed. similar what i had said but with more literation i like it.

PLEASE UN BAN ProzaKc.

#36 gothador_butters

gothador_butters
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:22

Then you would probably get banned as well.

See I am gonna try real hard not to talk about the this thread in specific but give a general situation.

Someone comes into a thread I started we'll call it "woot Ima great"

said person disparages me in front of the whole forum. I will tell them to knock it off please.

Now, here is where it gets interesting:

the person doesn't stop and continues to mock me..

I can A. Bite my tongue tell the mods and get the jackass banned

or B. Fight back cause Im "defending myself" and flame them.

Most mods on all MB I have ever been a part of or modded myself will in the case of B ban both parties. At this point everyone is flaming and breaking the rules no?

Also I think in the rules it says we are not supposed to question the mod's decisions publically, but I love watching social justice in action, so by all means start a petition. :lol:

#37 gothador_jennison

gothador_jennison
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:29

Then you would probably get banned as well.

See I am gonna try real hard not to talk about the this thread in specific but give a general situation.

Someone comes into a thread I started we'll call it "woot Ima great"

said person disparages me in front of the whole forum. I will tell them to knock it off please.

Now, here is where it gets interesting:

the person doesn't stop and continues to mock me..

I can A. Bite my tongue tell the mods and get the jackass banned

or B. Fight back cause Im "defending myself" and flame them.

Most mods on all MB I have ever been a part of or modded myself will in the case of B ban both parties. At this point everyone is flaming and breaking the rules no?

Also I think in the rules it says we are not supposed to question the mod's decisions publically, but I love watching social justice in action, so by all means start a petition. :lol:

I am not questioning the decision of the mods, in a situation similar I probably would have done the same thing until the circumstances could be reviewed. But for one to defend themselves does not necessarily mean they are flaming the first person, just stating their point. As I am doing now. After that, you just give the person enough rope to hang themselves. In most cases they will end up making themselves look entirely stupid. I don't think either should have been banned. I like them both for entirely different reasons, but it is just silly.

#38 gothador_butters

gothador_butters
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:39

Yesh I agree. It is entirely possible to defend yourself without resorting to flaming, though quite honestly many people lack that skill, present company excluded. I wasn't on last night, is it possible that there were posts deleted?

I was replying to PE with the ban unfair! free Pro! when I was talking about the mod's decisions and the petition. :)

#39 gothador_jennison

gothador_jennison
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 00:46

Yesh I agree. It is entirely possible to defend yourself without resorting to flaming, though quite honestly many people lack that skill, present company excluded. I wasn't on last night, is it possible that there were posts deleted?

I was replying to PE with the ban unfair! free Pro! when I was talking about the mod's decisions and the petition. :)

I don't think there were deleted posts, I have stayed pretty on top of this one, but cant not say for sure.

But seriously, not questioning a mod is like not having the right to appeal a legal decision. Sometimes things just happen for the wrong reason, not saying this is or isn't one of them, but should be reviewed.

*steps off soap box* night all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: