• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bonnie4U

Bonnie4U

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 15:15

Good day to all. I have been one that enjoyes earning the medals throughout playing the game. Its one of the many different ways and things todo threwout playing the game. I know some preffer just to hunt, or GVG, or PVP..You have your SE hunters, and Titian Hunters, and lets not forget your Bounty Hunters. 

You have those who are constantly composing for themself and their guilds as well. One set of medals that i have seen missing from the list would be one centered around Inventing. Not only do we have individuals in the game who enjoy inventing potions for themself and others, whether for guild mates or even to put up in the Auction House, we also have some quests that require us to invent items.

So i ask Why not have an inventing set of medals? I think it would make a great addition into the game as well a race to see who would be the first to get them..

Bonnie4U

Edited by Bonnie4U, 09 June 2020 - 15:32.

#2 FrankPeat

FrankPeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 15:25

Good Idea

#3 gothtony

gothtony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 15:36

This is a great idea!!! :D 

#4 whydoiplay

whydoiplay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 16:12

Fantastic idea... I support this. Too often we invent solely for DQ and sometimes we don't even attempt the invent DQs but this would give a new incentive. 

Inventing is such a big aspect of this game. We've all got pages of pages of items we can invent and a push like this can create more potion makers or high end epic makers  :)

#5 sohail94

sohail94

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2020 - 18:19

I like the idea, I always thought there could be more added to Inventing, sort of make it like a skill where the more you invent you get a bonus, could be tied to medal tiers, say +5% increase of success on recipes or a boost on Inv II. 

#6 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 19:03

I’ve also thought that each tier of any medal should give a bonus. It would be another goal to aim for instead of something shiny that you only brag about.

#7 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 03:29

I’ve also thought that each tier of any medal should give a bonus. It would be another goal to aim for instead of something shiny that you only brag about.

I think the intention was there back in the day when we had "Achievements: Coming soon" on our profiles, but the idea got deleted later on...I think it could be time to adapt it to the medals for sure, but with extreme care, like giving extra chance to invent succesfully is like "helping the rich get richer" kind of thing, but at the same time they shouldn't be meaningless like the Guild Achievements.

Maybe another topic should be done with ideas for rewards for each different medal and tiers.

#8 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:00

trouble i can see with this is someone would just sit in mountain path  collect axes and just go for it ,thats what i would do

if we have that why not a medal for taking relics 

Edited by activeh1, 10 June 2020 - 04:01.

5aZzW0p.png,

#9 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2020 - 04:47

trouble i can see with this is someone would just sit in mountain path  collect axes and just go for it ,thats what i would do

Medal for taking relics haha. Guilds would just swap back and forth constantly. No challenge in that. Personally I hate inventing so i'm not in favor of having to grind out this medal. If they are going to do anything with medals ... bring back pvp seasons. 

#10 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:32

Medal for taking relics haha. Guilds would just swap back and forth constantly. No challenge in that. Personally I hate inventing so i'm not in favor of having to grind out this medal. If they are going to do anything with medals ... bring back pvp seasons. 

they do that now to get defender medal ,so whats the difference 

and yes to pvp sessions

Edited by activeh1, 10 June 2020 - 12:33.

5aZzW0p.png,

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:55

There are more efficient ways to do this than mystic pickaxes.....   I do see your point, but is it any different than the Artisan Medal which I maxed simply by hunting as usual?  

As for a medal for taking relics, I see your point, we have one for defending relics, the opposite should hold true.  But then we'd need one for successful bounty defends....  

What we really need is a medal that celebrates normal PvP wins based on gold stolen.... Yote should have reached diamond on that one.......

Back on topic, I don't see this as a bad thing,  There are legitimate potion inventors that I buy from on a regular basis.  They spend tons of time,  stam and gold farming nublet realms and the caves for mats, there should be some recognition for this.

Edited by BadPenny, 10 June 2020 - 12:55.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:57

There is the Pride potion where it's benefits are based on your total medals and their tiers.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:48

Slightly off topic, but how about more guild achievements?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: