• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 14:49

I'm not sure if this is intentional, because I can't find anything about it and nobody knows it either...

but the plasma shield breaks when I get hit too much. I was walking in the incorporeal crossroads with the shield up, and my mana was pretty much full. After taking multiple hits at once, the shield goes from half way done (timer) to fully gone.

I don't understand what is going on. Is this supposed to be intentional, or is this a bug?

#2 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2014 - 15:04

I think that's correct; if you get hit too much the shield should go out (only 10% of your mana is the buffer after the 10% is gone, its your regular defenses); otherwise it goes out if time is up.

Edited by Endarken, 07 October 2014 - 15:06.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2014 - 16:23

Plasma shield will expire after it absorbs a set amount of damage, or until the time is up... whichever comes first.  :P (unless it has changed)

It should tell you on the tool tip.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 penmen22

penmen22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 17:20

OHH, I get it now. Sorry, I misinterpreted what the information about the shield was saying. I thought it meant that it will continue to absorb until only 10% of my mana was left. But what it's saying is that it will absorb until it takes a total damage which costs me 10% of my mana.

Thanks for explaining this to me!

#5 Cygnus

Cygnus

Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 October 2014 - 17:40

Looking at the spell description there was nothing explicitly saying that the Plasma Shield expires after taking that 10% of damage to the mana pool. Description of this behaviour has been added to the spell tooltip, hopefully makes it clearer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: