• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Shadonia

Shadonia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 19:08

I do seem to run into these problems with acquiring quest items and their relationship with my inventory. Is it a Mac thing?

This time it's a beneficial bug but still went wrong! Got to the part in A Study In Blood where I had to retrieve Sabina's portrait, only to find (while looking for something else) that it had already got into my inventory! So I gave it to her OK and the quest advanced. I then enter the house to kill the artist, but he disappears up to bed before I can even start.

I exit the house and reenter, attacking him before he can get up the stairs, only to find myself mysteriously whisked outside his front door and being attacked by his unattackable guards. After this happened three or four times, I gave up! Obviously, the quest is out of sync and going upstairs is what he was supposed to do if I had tried to steal the painting as I should have done.

Both this and the previous problem I had with the guy outside the goblin burrow could be solved with an abandon quest button, allowing the whole quest to restart. Can I make a plea for one to be added when all the bugs have supposedly been reported?

#2 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2014 - 19:29

Hmm.....It seems you might want to wait a while in game to see if he comes out of his room to see if his painting is stolen.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#3 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:01

it's possible Xade is correct.  It used to be we just enter through the window ( exit that way too and you avoid the guards chasing you btw) and he was just there so you can kill him and also was there at the painting before we took it.  I think they added him going upstairs after some update since it worked like that for me when I first did it.   but I think yes, enter from the window around the corner, then if he goes upstairs, try waiting and if that doesn't work go out the window again and re enter, that may work.

if not maybe it's bugged idk.  

best of luck.  oh and that's a pretty good suggestion since a lot of games usually have some kind of function where we can abandon a quest so we can pick it up again or just take off our list .   not sure how this would work here but maybe put that in the suggestion section.   maybe others have suggested it before too.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:30

This time it's a beneficial bug but still went wrong! Got to the part in A Study In Blood where I had to retrieve Sabina's portrait, only to find (while looking for something else) that it had already got into my inventory!

Thanks for letting me know about that. I thought we'd fixed it, but it seems it's still around. I'll look into that.

As for killing the artist, you're there to assassinate him. It needs to be done quickly before he can raise the alarm. I'd say you have a few seconds from initiating combat in which to kill him. :)

#5 Brioche

Brioche

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:01

Regarding the portrait thing - While I was doing the quest and obtained the portrait legitimately, 2 people suddenly mentioned that the painting had gotten into their inventories. Based on this, it might be possible that the painting appears in the inventories of whoever has not done the quest yet, whenever someone gets the painting.

#6 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:37

Regarding the portrait thing - While I was doing the quest and obtained the portrait legitimately, 2 people suddenly mentioned that the painting had gotten into their inventories. Based on this, it might be possible that the painting appears in the inventories of whoever has not done the quest yet, whenever someone gets the painting.

Having had a chance to look into it, it seems that was exactly what was happening. I had previously fixed it, but didn't apply the fix everywhere that it was needed. With our next build this issue should be dealt with. :)

#7 MytJ

MytJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 17:28

I did make a suggestion yesterday for an abadon quest, although it was only for daily quest.

I feel that an abandon option on regular quest could lead to abuse (for easy multi stage quest and xp farming).

I do understant, however, the issue with buggy quest.  Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: