Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:03

Work on the new PVP Seasons is nearing completion although we have a lot still to test. 

In rated combat, you will be given a random opponent based on your rank to fight.  You'll have the opportunity to buff yourself accordingly before fighting, and you can skip opponents for a cost in gold; increasing every time an opponent is skipped.  The winners rank will increase, the losers will decrease.   You will advance up through the leagues (Wood, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Titan) as you win fights, and at the end of the season you'll be granted a reward based on the league you finished in.

fsleague_wood.pngfsleague_bronze.pngfsleague_silver.pngfsleague_gold.pngfsleague_crystal.pngfsleague_titan.png

At the end of a season, the top 25 players in Crystal League will be promoted to a special Titan League and the bottom 25 Titan League players will be demoted.  In the Titan League, the 100 best PVPers of the game will fight for ELO rating and at the end of the season, will gain more prestigious rewards.  At the end of a season, all will reset, but leagues below Titan will retain some of their former rank.

combat_shot1.png

Your combat league / rank / ELO (if applicable) will be displayed on your profile.

combat_shot2.png

In addition to this, the old bounty system has been completely reworked.  Players will now have gold automatically added to the bounty on their heads every time they steal gold from an opponent in PVP.  The system will periodically post bounties for other players to defeat you and claim.

Once testing is complete we'll be running a week of staging to determine who will be in the Titan League for Season 1.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:16

and we will att. others players direct? or will be on BB?

#3 Agni13

Agni13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Very nice! I can now lose a few levels :D

One question though, in the PvP season, is it possible for a level 200 player to be pitted against a level 1500 player?

Edited by Agni13, 17 June 2015 - 09:53.

#4 spyders

spyders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Badge
  • Italy

will be a lvl range?

#5 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:30

Only Question I have at this stage is will people be able to use Composed pots? or only player cast buffs?

#6 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:34

Read and re-read the post...what does ELO acronym stand for? 

#7 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:42

"Players will now have gold automatically added to the bounty on their heads every time they steal gold from an opponent in PVP"

is this a new way of adding more gold into the game?
and is it my imagination,  or friends would keep on hitting each other stealing gold from each other
so when u complete each other's bounty, u'll gain more gold?

"The system will periodically post bounties for other players to defeat you and claim"

for other players who?  randomly?  or the ones who participate on the BB?

#8 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:00

Does this mean that even if the ppl I hit dont bounty me, I could get put up on the BB " by the system" just because I hit someone? or cleared a bounty?

* I have no idea why I cant get this yellow box around the text to go :/

* edited to say thanks Hoof  :)

Edited by chslayer, 17 June 2015 - 11:03.
Fixed the yellow box for you.

#9 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:01

Ok, I'll try to ask some question I have and I believe a lot of others will have too:

1 - XP Loss/Gain will be applied to attacks (Season Attacks, Normal Attacks, Bounty Attacks)?

2 - Will the Season have level brackets?

3 - The original PvP Ladder will stay? Will have anything new on it for now?

4 - How much time will take to finish a PvP Season? Is it really a week?

5 - How much will cost to accept a bounty?

6 - If I do a Rated Attack I'll receive gold? If I do a Gold Hit (not rated) I will receive Rating if we both are from the same League?

7 - How the Bounty Board will calculate the prize over my head? XP Taken or Gold Taken? On a single hit or on a sum over X hours?

8 - 10 or 100 stamina hits will make difference while hitting for Rate?

9 - The Bounty Medal, Smasher Medal and Dominance Medal will suffer any change?

10 - How Prestige will work for now on?

11 - Will we be able to hit guildmates?

And more important:

12 - That new PvP System will be optinal to participate or will be open to everyone?

-

For now that's it lol

And I need to, I kinda like it...I just hope XP Loss stay on the game.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 17 June 2015 - 10:09.

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:18

Opt-In ?

Opt-Out ?

Compulsory Participation ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#11 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:20

In addition to this, the old bounty system has been completely reworked.  Players will now have gold automatically added to the bounty on their heads every time they steal gold from an opponent in PVP.  The system will periodically post bounties for other players to defeat you and claim.

The seasons thing sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out. But I have some questions about the bounty board.

How does this change how the bounty board currently works? 

Will we still be able to hit another player outside of the seasons thing?

Will we still be able to place bounties on someone who hits us?

Will xp loss and 5 levels still be attainable off the bounty board?

#12 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:26

come at me bro. ill join just to bounty people :P

#13 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:34

and we will att. others players direct? or will be on BB?

For rated PvP attacks, a random opponent will be selected (which can you choose to skip for gold). For unrated (normal) PvP attacks, it will work the same as before, although all PvP attacks will require 50 stamina.

Very nice! I can now lose a few levels :D

One question though, in the PvP season, is it possible for a level 200 player to be pitted against a level 1500 player?

It is possible, however due to the way the rankings work it should auto-balance itself as people play.

will be a lvl range?

For unrated attacks it will remain the same, for rated and bounty attacks there will not be a level range.

Only Question I have at this stage is will people be able to use Composed pots? or only player cast buffs?

Any buffs you can activate on your character will affect the combat as normal.

Read and re-read the post...what does ELO acronym stand for? 

https://en.wikipedia...o_rating_system

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:38

"Players will now have gold automatically added to the bounty on their heads every time they steal gold from an opponent in PVP"

is this a new way of adding more gold into the game?
and is it my imagination,  or friends would keep on hitting each other stealing gold from each other
so when u complete each other's bounty, u'll gain more gold?

It won't add additional gold to the game as the gold used for the bounties will be part of the gold that is normally removed by the game during a PvP attack.

"The system will periodically post bounties for other players to defeat you and claim"
for other players who?  randomly?  or the ones who participate on the BB?

The game will post the bounties periodically, taking into consideration the amount of bounty gold that can be gained from them.

Does this mean that even if the ppl I hit dont bounty me, I could get put up on the BB " by the system" just because I hit someone? or cleared a bounty?

Players will no longer place bounties, it will be determined by the game.

#15 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:42

Any buffs you can activate on your character will affect the combat as normal.

https://en.wikipedia...o_rating_system

So that means people who do not have access to level 60 composed pots are Automatically at disadvantage?

#16 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:46

1 - XP Loss/Gain will be applied to attacks (Season Attacks, Normal Attacks, Bounty Attacks)?

Yes.

2 - Will the Season have level brackets?

Not as such - they will have Leagues (Wood, Bronze, Silver etc.).

3 - The original PvP Ladder will stay? Will have anything new on it for now?

No, it will be removed.

4 - How much time will take to finish a PvP Season? Is it really a week?

A week for the inital one to determine the Titan League placements , however after this a normal season will last somewhere between 1 and 2 months.

5 - How much will cost to accept a bounty?

Approximately 1 Bounty Ticket per 10k gold offered in the bounty.

6 - If I do a Rated Attack I'll receive gold? If I do a Gold Hit (not rated) I will receive Rating if we both are from the same League?

Only a (random) rated attack will contribute towards the PvP Season. Other than the opponent being determined by the game, the attack will work as normal.

7 - How the Bounty Board will calculate the prize over my head? XP Taken or Gold Taken? On a single hit or on a sum over X hours?

It's based on gold stolen during your PvP attacks.

8 - 10 or 100 stamina hits will make difference while hitting for Rate?

All PvP attacks will use 50 stamina after the update goes live.

#17 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:48

So 50 stam attacks are the only allowable hits or just the minimum allowable hit?  How will this affect gold theft rates and bounty board?

Screenshot everything!

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:48

Once this is implemented will prestige still exist? and secondly as all attacks are 50 stam minimum does that mean prestige farmers and those who collude will now be posted more or less? or is it decided by amount of gold stolen cumulatively?

Edited by zizzwyly, 17 June 2015 - 10:49.

#19 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:49

9 - The Bounty Medal, Smasher Medal and Dominance Medal will suffer any change?

The Bounty and Smasher Medal will remain in the game, however the Dominance medal will be changed to a Legacy medal and will no longer be obtainable (it will show in a 'Legacy Medals' section on the profile).

10 - How Prestige will work for now on?

Prestige will be given in potion form as part of the rewards for achieving ranks within the leagues at the end of a PvP Season.

11 - Will we be able to hit guildmates?

Guildmates may appear within the random selection for Ranked PvP, otherwise the normal rules for this won't change.

12 - That new PvP System will be optinal to participate or will be open to everyone?

It will be open to everyone.

So that means people who do not have access to level 60 composed pots are Automatically at disadvantage?

The PvP combat works as it currently does - Composed Potions already work in PvP - nothing is changing with that.

#20 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:51

So 50 stam attacks are the only allowable hits or just the minimum allowable hit?  How will this affect gold theft rates and bounty board?

It is standardizing the amount of stamina used in PvP. It will remove the same gold / XP as what would previously been a 100 stam hit.

Once this is implemented will prestige still exist? and secondly as all attacks are 50 stam minimum does that mean prestige farmers and those who collude will now be posted more or less? or is it decided by amount of gold stolen cumulatively?

PvP Prestige will only be gained as a reward in potion form from the PvP Seasons.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: