Photo

Looking for prophmage setup to solo CC bosses

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:32

Hi folks :)

I fancy a change so am looking for some advice on a prophmage setup I can use to solo CC bosses during the day when its quiet (PVE only setup), Then i can get gems for my main to make him more effective when helping to dps in dungeon groups.

Ideally I could do with a talent tree setup plus the spells and abilities required, and some advice on how to go about using it all to tackle the bosses. I haven't done anything with regards the prophets talents so please be patient and try to use small words :lol:

I'm also not fast when it comes to using several buttons or moves in succession so the less the better please.

There are two options at the moment. Inf essence or grim shield and tanto (I am guessing the shield would be better for surviveability, but I like to keep the options open). Below are the stats of weapons and character so hopefully you'll be able to give the best advice from the gear I have.

These stats are without any buffs at all.

On a final note. All advice will be treated in strict confidence just in case anyone would rather PM me a setup they do not wish adversaries to know. Yes I know its only a game, but I can understand some people prefer to keep that little edge so don't publicise their own system.

Thanks in advance :)

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#2 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2016 - 16:55

i'd imagine this working

http://TalentTheory....t3u1x1y3B1C1D3/

since you can bug the redeem so it stays on you non stop you get that non stop 25% damage reduction and 3% max hp heal

minimal mana issues decent damage

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#3 Sacrier

Sacrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 17:58

http://talenttheory....f2i2m1t3u1x1y3/

Camp mainly at defiler as it's the easiest to solo, stand right on top of him so you won't get stunned, use the redeem bug it will be your main heal, so just keep it up, you won't need CC, put up a spirit and use cauterize when your HP is low. 

Use shield as without it your defense might be too low. Then with the perma-redeem you will have to pull off one combo before attacking the boss tho

And you'll have the elemental fighting by your side, also use starlight when mana is low

I found that a mage/proph build is a few minutes faster than proph/mage

Hope this helps

Edited by InfiniteWaters, 08 April 2016 - 18:13.

#4 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 18:26

Thanks for the advice guys and plus the PM advice I also received. The 5 talent trees I have so far plus the info will keep me busy for quite a while, I could be spending quite a bit of EP respeccing to try them all out :)

Could you explain the redeem bug please (or pm me it if its something that HCS may actually decide to fix :lol:  )

Edited by Steve1973, 08 April 2016 - 19:02.

#5 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2016 - 18:35

lol abusing bug/exploit of redem bug. bet you lot used it in pvp too. never even knew how to do the bug/exploit

#6 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2016 - 20:56

http://talenttheory....f2i2m1t3u1x1y3/

Camp mainly at defiler as it's the easiest to solo, stand right on top of him so you won't get stunned, use the redeem bug it will be your main heal, so just keep it up, you won't need CC, put up a spirit and use cauterize when your HP is low. 

Use shield as without it your defense might be too low. Then with the perma-redeem you will have to pull off one combo before attacking the boss tho

And you'll have the elemental fighting by your side, also use starlight when mana is low

I found that a mage/proph build is a few minutes faster than proph/mage

Hope this helps

can't pull off the bug without crimson chain

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#7 Sacrier

Sacrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 21:25

can't pull off the bug without crimson chain

Redeem > Rejuv > Revit > Rejuv > Caut > Revit > Rejuv > Redeem

Does the trick I think. To make sure you have enough haste, switch lasting supplication talent to empowered healing. Even assassin/prophet hybrid can use this bug, without crimson.

lol abusing bug/exploit of redem bug. bet you lot used it in pvp too. never even knew how to do the bug/exploit

Not as viable for PvP, if you time stun/silence you can remove it from another player.

#8 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 April 2016 - 21:48

Redeem > Rejuv > Revit > Rejuv > Caut > Revit > Rejuv > Redeem

Does the trick I think. To make sure you have enough haste, switch lasting supplication talent to empowered healing. Even assassin/prophet hybrid can use this bug, without crimson.

Not as viable for PvP, if you time stun/silence you can remove it from another player.

assasins have soul fire

if not mistaken it would be really and i mean really hard to pull off without crimson chain so not advised for beginners so just switch one point out for crimson chain if you want to pull off the bug easily

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#9 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 22:05

Admitedly I haven't respecced yet as I am looking at all the different setups, but, I have just tried it in the tankard, Redeem > Rejuv > Revit > Rejuv > Caut > Revit > Rejuv > Redeem, but the redeem didn't stay on, saying that, redeem hadn't cooled down for me to do it the last time and just said it couldn't be done at this time.

Will it only work once I have respecced and added the prophet talents?

#10 Sacrier

Sacrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 22:15

Steve, the Salvation talent is what makes the bug possible :)

This talent removes 2 seconds of the redeemed debuff, when you cast a direct heal. The bug works like this; You cast redemption, then you cast a series of direct heals, until the redeemed debuff disappears. Once it's gone, you use redemption again. This time, there is no debuff, meaning you can keep casting redemption on yourself. I would add you attach your redemption spell to a hotkey, like the spacebar or something. If you don't plan on using this bug (tho it is an awesome one) I would suggest go 15 mage/30 prophet build. Works fine as well :) I can post it here if you want. But the one I posted I tested and took off like 3 minutes.

Cripler it isn't hard to pull off, when I specced that I thought I messed up, because I didn't spec into CC, but I quickly found out permaredemption could still be pulled off easily. :D

#11 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 22:25

Steve, the Salvation talent is what makes the bug possible :)

Ah right ty

This talent removes 2 seconds of the redeemed debuff, when you cast a direct heal. The bug works like this; You cast redemption, then you cast a series of direct heals, until the redeemed debuff disappears. Once it's gone, you use redemption again. This time, there is no debuff, meaning you can keep casting redemption on yourself. I would add you attach your redemption spell to a hotkey, like the spacebar or something

Thanks for the idiots guide explanation (always handy for me :lol: ), it makes things easier to understand if you know how and why something happens

#12 Caligula

Caligula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:51

I don't believe you're abusing a bug/exploit as I don't believe it's a bug/exploit. If it was, they wouldn't have set skills to have the timing on them, or even the casting time. It is perfectly fine to use the infinite redemption.
Caligula --- Sintank --- Level 49.
Halt --- Rangetank --- Level 49.
d34thlye --- Sinwar --- Level 49.
Vitellius --- Healer --- Level 49.
Caligorilla --- Prophage --- Level 38.
Calinub --- N/A --- Level 1.

#13 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:28

I don't believe you're abusing a bug/exploit as I don't believe it's a bug/exploit. If it was, they wouldn't have set skills to have the timing on them, or even the casting time. It is perfectly fine to use the infinite redemption.

Sadly i disagree the skill description says that it gives redeem and the redeemed status however it doesnt give the redeemed status anymore if you bug it hence why its a bug if you heal a tank like a boss then yes the healing should allow you to keep the redeem up. But this is a bug that i deem should be fixed

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#14 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 13:52

when trow  Redemption it give "redemption" on the target 10 sec but the skill Salvation made it go 1/2 sec lower time so basic it shall give 9/8 sec dont so you can refill it all the time

#15 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 20:38

But this is a bug that i deem should be fixed

Noooooooo!!!!!! I've only just found out about it, don't take it away from me before I get to try it :lol:

#16 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2016 - 22:28

Just like the flame rush bug and the /admin bug its basically getting something insanely good for tanks with ease and non stop ...

I submitted a ticket about it before the flame rush bug got fixed still mind blown about the fact that it is still around

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#17 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 22:34

Just like the flame rush bug and the /admin bug its basically getting something insanely good for tanks with ease and non stop ...

I submitted a ticket about it before the flame rush bug got fixed still mind blown about the fact that it is still around

Im suprised it hasn't been fixed in that case too, HCS seem to like you at the moment answering your posts the same day,,,,,,,,HCS pet :lol: :lol:

thanks for letting me know about it while its still working though

Edited by Steve1973, 09 April 2016 - 22:37.

#18 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 April 2016 - 22:37

Im suprised it hasn't been fixed in that case too, HCS seem to like you at the moment answering your posts the same day,,,,,
,,,HCS pet :lol: :lol:

thanks for letting me know about it while its still working though

The redeem bug is the foundation of unexperienced healtanks. The most awesome of the awesome healtanks run without a healer and can actually heal themselves.

And with that said i hope my latest ticket about duping items where i also mentioned this bug again can get some stuff fixed

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#19 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:22

just so u all know .. the day i found the bug , i actually reported it .. it has been 380 days exactly since i closed that ticket after the cows answering that they will look forward to fixing this 

#20 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:17

Has it been fixed? I tried it several times last night then again today, tried on my own with noone around to wonder "what the heck is he doing" :lol:  then again when taking on defiler, and keep getting "target cannot redeem at this time". I have done the, Redeem > Rejuv > Revit > Rejuv > Caut > Revit > Rejuv > Redeem, as you said and have 2points in salvation, but no joy :(

This is the set up I made, not quite exact to your post but I was trying to get the best of both links

Edited by Steve1973, 10 April 2016 - 11:18.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: