49 replies to this topic

#1 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 00:57

Not that this is such a big deal or even a game changing concept, but with the newer players and even older players trying to change guilds or even current members of a guild, a way to disguish between the guild leaders and the members should be instituted. This can be a very simple change in any number of ways. My suggestions would be either of the following.

1) An icon next to the players name on either the guild screen or even the actual player screen..or both

2) A line separating the founder/leaders and the rest of the membership lists(probably the easier of the two)

Not a huge game necessity but a few of us have recieved messages in regards to who the guild leaders were and where that list ended.

Edited by moonfrost, 02 May 2015 - 03:39.

#2 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:22

I really like the 1st one, but the 2nd is ok too...Hope HCS implement this.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:57

Where someone stands in the ranking doesn't always mean if they are a leader or not. I disagree with #2 but agree with #1 

#4 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:23

i like the first one

#5 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:56

I think this would be a great thing, it would for sure make things easier for a lot of players.

og3DxyP.gif

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 07:47

agreed, i often get taken for a guild leader or council type thing when im actually not :)

#7 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:21

Here's a ghetto way to do it. Put a number or symbol in players rank name? Have a legend in the guild bio. Just a thought.

#8 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:55

I don't think it is necessary to change current ranking system, unless the guild doesn't want leadership rank names. The current rank management system actually saves time and space by not needing too many unique names.

But if implemented: How about a star on both sides of the name in Profile section? (There's already too much going on in guild management section, graphically)

Founder star: gold

Council star: silver

Leader star: bronze

Veteran member star: green*

*Veteran members are members with diamond loyalty medal

I disagree with the line to separate leaders from members - that's overkill.

#9 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 15:18

I don't think it is necessary to change current ranking system, unless the guild doesn't want leadership rank names. The current rank management system actually saves time and space by not needing too many unique names.

But if implemented: How about a star on both sides of the name in Profile section? (There's already too much going on in guild management section, graphically)

Founder star: gold

Council star: silver

Leader star: bronze

Veteran member star: green*

*Veteran members are members with diamond loyalty medal

I disagree with the line to separate leaders from members - that's overkill.

Whole purpose of the line was just a form of separation between founder and leaders from other members...not fir my puposes but for outside players tryin to figure out who to contact about The Evil Dead...we're very content in our rank names so that's why you rarely see anyone with a rank like leader or head chicken slayer or anything. I'm not that picky on how it's done, just that it's hopefully done.

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 15:22

Once upon a time, guild founders were called "guild founders".

But we didn't seem to want that distinction.

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 15:40

With that change for guild founders, there was discussion of having badges next to the name like how game admins do.. Remember there being talk with the community and the cows to give the same type of badges for guild founders and leaders

#12 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 16:14

Badge? We don't need no stinking badges! :P

Cheers.

wil72

#13 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 May 2015 - 18:02

Badge? We don't need no stinking badges! :P

Cheers.

wil72

I can live with that too, wil.

I think if someone wanted to join your guild, Moon, they'll contact whoever is online at the time. They usually pick someone in the top of the list...

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 18:31

Its not about wether we "need" it or not. It's about making the game more user friendly for new players as much as we can. Joining a guild is one of the most important aspects for retaining new players so i believe this could be useful.

Edited by Intimidation, 02 May 2015 - 18:31.

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 19:10

Its not about wether we "need" it or not. It's about making the game more user friendly for new players as much as we can. Joining a guild is one of the most important aspects for retaining new players so i believe this could be useful.

I'll tell you what would be user friendly mate......Guilds not stating such ridiculous join requirements in their bios. That my friend would be "new player" friendly.

Cheers.

wil72

#16 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 19:33

Considering the fact that alot of our members have joined us after leaving either dying guilds or even single motivation guilds(ie:leveling heavy guilds) to join somewhere where they can explore more aspect of the game our requirements aren't really that high....lvl 800 and 10k max stamina, especially with how easy it is just through booster packs and everything else thrown into the game, isn't that high of a requirement to join one of the oldest guilds in the game. Lets face it as well, nobody joins a top guild generally until they get a feel for the game and decide if they want to keep playing and even at that point they're usually happy with what they've done in the gulld they chose. If the first guild I was in hadn't merged back early in my time playing I'd still be there...but over time guilds sometimes die off and become inactive and at that point it's time to start looking for a new place to call home.

I'm just trying to find a way to make it easier for these players to find the right channels to discuss joining a new guild when they feel it's time for a change.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:27

I'll tell you what would be user friendly mate......Guilds not stating such ridiculous join requirements in their bios. That my friend would be "new player" friendly.

Cheers.

wil72

Irrelevant

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:38

The prior thing is, mostly of the 'new applications' are discussed on Leaders Chat, so we just needs a symbol/badge/star/whatever to show who are the players with access to that chat, so a new members have an easy way to know who to message when trying to join.

And about "players will message anyone online" is not true, that usually happens only with new players, older players preffer to talk directly to a leader.

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:41

New players aren't meant to join top guilds...It would be doing more bad than good in my opinon...They need to transition into the game smoothly working their way up... Otherwise wheres the incentive?

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 20:43

New players aren't meant to join top guilds...It would be doing more bad than good in my opinon...They need to transition into the game smoothly working their way up... Otherwise wheres the incentive?

Also, top guild would not be top guilds if filled with lvl 80 players =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: