• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Jharryl2

Jharryl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 18:30

updated and culled roster, deleting all whose accounts have shown no activity for 14 days or longer.

ditto

#22 Jharryl2

Jharryl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 13:56

as can be seen by the time stamps, I havent updated in awhile. RL atm has things more than a little confounded, and time is an issue. For now, I'm "retiring" from running the organization.

The game, doesnt allow for such to be readily organized and operated. Unlike a guild where levels are updated, indicated etc; this requires constant manual monitoring. Time is an issue.

And the biggest concern, problem whatever you choose to call it...infiltration. Seems we became enough of a threat to some, that they found it advantageous to insert their own operatives if you will. More than a bit irritating, when I get messaged from a target, advising me they are looking fwd to XX:XX hr when our hits begin. The downside to that, is they then have time to organize an on-hand reception party and my guys exposure to risk of delevel rises exponentially. As 'founder', I have something of an obligation to do what I can to 'protect' them from unnecessary risk.

So...until I find a way of filtering out information leaks and plugging those gaps...I'm retiring the network.

To my clients...I say thank-you for your business. I hope we achieved your end wishes.

To our detractors, I say :lol: Your threats, your delevel counter-strikes, your bluster and bravado....*shrug* meaningless. We knew the risks we assumed as mercs and we continued anyway. A level, aint nuthin but a nr and we can recover whatever you can take.

#23 fs_mackdaddie

fs_mackdaddie
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2008 - 19:29

Ah, pvp, gotta love it.

I highly approve of this thread and the attitude.

Keep up the good work.

#24 fs_spiralbern

fs_spiralbern
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 22:11

What a shame to see this excellent idea go :( I hope that some way it will return one day!

#25 Asahara

Asahara

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 22:32

What a shame to see this excellent idea go :( I hope that some way it will return one day!

Agreed.

#26 fs_bolverk93

fs_bolverk93
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 17:21

Having worked with Jharryl in the past, I'm hoping that my own efforts to fill his, admittedly large, shoes will not be in vain.

http://tinyurl.com/CrossedLances

#27 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 09:41

Only thing missing from the original post.

Xbh23ru.gif

Four stars out of five planets, would read again.

Also #notamerc #couldprobablybeboughtforanyprice #notreally #maybe #itsaruse #orisit

Edited by Prop, 13 February 2021 - 09:47.

#28 Jharryl2

Jharryl2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 22:03

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

after 13 years...I'm back (in the saddle again) in the immortal words of Steven Tyler and Aerosmith.

any thoughts about my reinstating this organization?

any REAL interest?

yeah, pricing would change. This WAS written and executed, 12 and 13 years ago after all. lol

edit: No Prop...it was not a ruse. There are still a very few players around today, who were here then. A couple, were even hitters who took up the contracts I coordinated. Of course, they were level 200 then, and level 3500 or some such now but...hey...it's all good. Everyone, can bleed. 

Edited by Jharryl2, 04 March 2021 - 22:06.

#29 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 October 2023 - 15:36

Yeah it's still a great idea, harder to pull off tho with bigger level gaps.

Edited by gapukas, 07 October 2023 - 15:36.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: