#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:30

ok so we have one for defending  a relic ,why not have one for taking a relic .

now some will say that it will be exploited ,well about as much as the defence one is so that cant be used against it

would put relic taking back into the main stream of the game 

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 15:10

id like to throw in my vote for this.

Its been a while since we've had any medals, so that's a plus, but i also agree that it may bring back relic capturing.

I think the only problem would be the numbers. It couldn't be as high as the defender medal since there is an option to block people from starting a capture of a relic since its a guild thing. 

Perhaps we could have a guild medal/achievement for this instead of a regular medal?

Or even  time relate one :D something like "control a(n) [empowered?] relic X days"

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:08

id like to throw in my vote for this.

Its been a while since we've had any medals, so that's a plus, but i also agree that it may bring back relic capturing.

I think the only problem would be the numbers. It couldn't be as high as the defender medal since there is an option to block people from starting a capture of a relic since its a guild thing. 

Perhaps we could have a guild medal/achievement for this instead of a regular medal?

Or even  time relate one :D something like "control a(n) [empowered?] relic X days"

To my knowledge, this option does not exist, but has been suggested in the thread about making unwanted Relics "abandonable".

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:38

I think only solution to this issue would be to reduce relic owning penalties, gold cost so they would take up more relics

#5 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 20 July 2019 - 23:28

trouble is only the stam gain relics are worth anything atm ,and some guilds seem to think they own them .Until the other relics become usefull again i cant see anything changing in the taking of relics .

Maybe if after a certain time with no defenders the relic becomes abandoned ,but cant really see that this will change anything ,all it will do is clear out unwanted relics from guilds and make more unclaimed

Im not sure what the solution is but if anyone else has idea feel free to post

5aZzW0p.png,

#6 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:34

Im not sure what the solution is but if anyone else has idea feel free to post

everyone who taking relic knowing how easy taking relics too

as proof there was one man guild who recruiting 2 players who low levels only for joining his group for he can capturing relics
this player then capturing all relics from lowest level to very high level from very many guilds and all big guilds and he having no problem
this showing how very easy

in many other games I playing there towers (same like relics) but it impossible for 1 player or few players taking tower from big guilds

at moment there big penalty if guild having more than 1 relic and with crazy high composing battles becoming very stupid easy, low levels can taking relic from big guilds (hcs you can looking at admin account kamicazer7 who in same guild like activeh1, go looking at guild logs for seeing low levels taking relics from big guilds easy)

hcs you needing improving relic battles, need adding for every guild member defending relic stats increasing extra 10-20%, if you having 5 guild members defending relic then relic stats creasing extra 50-100%, this very easy and fast coding and bringing real battling back

hoofmaster can asking how my guild can getting hcs admin join our guild like admin kamicazer7 is in activeh1 guild? thank you very much
here is photo I making now
TH0qyeK.png

#7 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 July 2019 - 14:38

How my guild can getting hcs admin join our guild like admin kamicazer7 is in activeh1 guild? thank you very much

He's likely testing something that requires an active guild. No more, no less. Furthermore, they do not gain any benefit for him being there.

~ Grim

#8 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 21:13

Guild Achievement for successfully attacking a relic would be nice

Introduce new recipes to make elemental keys to limit exploitation and have a new gold sink.

The group leader will require vision, reveal and the correct elemental key to gain Guild Achievement points for a successful relic capture.

The element keys can be associated with the area the relic is in or, as is traditional with elemental items, opposite the area's element...fire vs ice...holy vs undead...etc.

All normal activities of relic operations remain the same.

I thought vision and reveal  would be a nice touch since the player is searching for a hidden keyhole in the dark  :ph34r:

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 22:18

Remove Lead Defender Bonus in general. Makes it impossible to hold 6 relics. Really no point to it other than making something that is possible through activity and teamwork into impossible around the board. Everything should be possible through activity and teamwork in a community driven game.

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 22:32

Seeing as how kami is a big part of the app dev team, I imagine it's for testing the guild functions for the app, which may or may not have anything to do with relic capture..... The fact that testing of any type is being done is a sign of progress, no?  

Back on topic:  In my guild, we are not allowed to capture any relics beyond the ones that guild council says are "ours".  I see a certain founder trying to get rid of unwanted ones all the time (no telling how many FSP BG has made from that).  A medal or guild achievement may be a good idea, but relics should be reworked before that, so that the "crummy ones" are more desirable and whatever bugs there are are worked out.

Also, seeing as how fighting over this or that relic is supposedly prohibited, there needs to be something in place to cover that eventuality as well.

Edited by BadPenny, 22 July 2019 - 22:35.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 22:46

Also, seeing as how fighting over this or that relic is supposedly prohibited, there needs to be something in place to cover that eventuality as well.

False, we are constantly at war (Even now as we speak)  :). With relic combat being broken and full of outdated systems that don't take into consideration composing scaling it's literally impossible to hold a relic even with 124 active members split on 6 geared and buffed up.

It's pretty much a pillow fight back and forth with the winner being determined by who is most active.

Not even sure what is so desirable about relics. Most people don't know this but we are running 1.2b(4,800 FSP) upkeep yearly on them LOL. With content drought and everyone getting EOC there simply isn't enough gold to go around. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 2-3 years there will be NO gold in the game. Our total guild upkeep is about 4b (16,000 FSP) yearly. Bookmark this post so i can say i told you so. I believe i've mentioned this before about gold sinks and the current content drought. I guess it's about time you gained gold from sub leveling to counteract this.

I would be interested in a query showing current gold sank and gold brought in on a yearly basis and compare it from 10 years ago. @hoof can you supply :o

If kami is interested in testing with MoM we would be glad to help. We are one of, if not the most veteran guild when it comes to Relics/Relic combat and strategy in general.

Edited by EpicPiety, 22 July 2019 - 23:04.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 23:30

I was actually referring to the guild wars like we USED to have over a contested relic ....  Those are a thing of the past per BG as they have been deemed to be bordering on harassment....   

As for income vs upkeep ratios, I have no clue as to the dynamics thereof.  I'm reasonably sure that the Sacrifice buff and lackadaisical guild deposits have a lot to do with it as well as the number of inactive members many guilds have....  This is one of many things that should possibly be overhauled to keep up with current game populations and conditions...  Just one old lady's opinion ;)

Edited by BadPenny, 22 July 2019 - 23:31.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 23:52

I was actually referring to the guild wars like we USED to have over a contested relic ....  Those are a thing of the past per BG as they have been deemed to be bordering on harassment....   

As for income vs upkeep ratios, I have no clue as to the dynamics thereof.  I'm reasonably sure that the Sacrifice buff and lackadaisical guild deposits have a lot to do with it as well as the number of inactive members many guilds have....  This is one of many things that should possibly be overhauled to keep up with current game populations and conditions...  Just one old lady's opinion ;)

upkeep was a general statement not directed towards you :). But yes guild wars are treated as borderline harassment. I can't even send slightly aggressive diplomatic messages without worrying about a ban.

#14 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:11

Bwahahaha....maybe we should tell some of those stories in the campfire thread.

Screenshot everything!

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:58

Bwahahaha....maybe we should tell some of those stories in the campfire thread.

BG will have us hung at sunrise and shot at sunset, then drawn and quartered at midnight :P

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:17

Yeah it should be updated first, then see how it turns out. A while ago i tried to capture a relic, the calculations shown below the relic were like way off and i think it even took into account an offline member or few.

#17 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 19:42

To my knowledge, this option does not exist, but has been suggested in the thread about making unwanted Relics "abandonable".

This may have been misinformation on my end, it was definitely a long time ago when i heard it so it may have been a guild rule somewhere lol.

Introduce new recipes to make elemental keys to limit exploitation and have a new gold sink.

The group leader will require vision, reveal and the correct elemental key to gain Guild Achievement points for a successful relic capture.

The element keys can be associated with the area the relic is in or, as is traditional with elemental items, opposite the area's element...fire vs ice...holy vs undead...etc.

Interesting concept to say the least. Perhaps this could be implemented on higher end relics (stam/stam gain relics)

trouble is only the stam gain relics are worth anything atm ,and some guilds seem to think they own them .Until the other relics become usefull again i cant see anything changing in the taking of relics .

for the non stam related relics, a 50% increase or even a double of the effects they provide (before empowerment) may make some of them tempting.

Maybe if after a certain time with no defenders the relic becomes abandoned ,but cant really see that this will change anything ,all it will do is clear out unwanted relics from guilds and make more unclaimed

It would clear out unwanted relics, aye, but to expand on this: Give the relics a week before they become un-owned due to no defenders, and in order to reset/stop the counter you have to have at least 3 active players from the controlling guild on it for 24 hours. The countdown would pause when the requirements are met, and reset after the 24hours.

sure, you could reset it and go about your way, but after a week, say someone forgets its there and *poof* no more relic.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#18 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 July 2019 - 20:07

I thought vision and reveal  would be a nice touch since the player is searching for a hidden keyhole in the dark  :ph34r:

There are already recipes for elemental keys and elemental keys: Rock Aspect Key, Water Aspect Key, Lightning Aspect Key used in a lvl 1000 quest "The Circle of Elements" so it would be controversial with the game lore. I feel like this elemental stuff would overcomplicate things, the current system looks fine but needs some tinkering with. Perhaps adding a gold sink to reinforce your relic like you can with guild bonuses, so it would increase the bonuses/defense bonuses and upkeep for the relic and the bonuses would reset to default when someone captures it.

Edited by gapukas, 23 July 2019 - 20:23.

#19 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:34

the main reason all relics are easy to take is everyone is sitting in epic gear,if the stam gain was removed from all items then it would make taking relics so much harder

5aZzW0p.png,

#20 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:36

what if they limited the stam gain relics to say 2 per guild ,as it stands atm there are 3 guilds controling all the stam gain relics .

good luck to them they have the numbers and the players to be able to sit there and (not defend) but continue to recapture the relic every hour as needed and so they deserve to be able to do that

but if it was set at 2 per guild maybe other guilds would try to hold them or even attempt to capture more relics than they are atm 

over the last few weeks myself and my guild have being capturing these relics at a  constant rate ,and they take them back ,so it goes on 

but when my guildleader receives messages from these other guilds saying that they dont like seeing my name in there guild logs because i am capturing THERE relics ,and i should be kicked from my guild or the whole guild will be targeted i think that it is taking things a bit too far 

so as my work commitments atm are high myself will be reframing from capturing these relics ,so my guildmates can play the game without a threat of attack over them due to something that i and a few guildmates have done 

5aZzW0p.png,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: