116 replies to this topic

#21 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:00

It gives fuel to the conspiracy theory that there is no love for FS. I appreciate you sharing this info but it does give credence to those that suspect FS is 2nd fiddle to eldevin and the frustration was unfairly thrown in your direction.

Edited by yotwehc, 20 March 2015 - 19:01.

#22 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:01

2015-01-02-ROTJ%20100.jpg

#23 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:13

It gives fuel to the conspiracy theory that there is no love for FS. I appreciate you sharing this info but it does give credence to those that suspect FS is 2nd fiddle to eldevin and the frustration was unfairly thrown in your direction.

"Conspiracy theory"? Mate, evidence would suggest that there being no love for FS is pure fact. The game is up and running but only barely.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 20 March 2015 - 19:14.

#24 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:18

https://forums.hunte...-defeatist-but/

Funny how when I brought this up, I got trolled for it, but now (admittedly a month later), it's a hot potato :)

That said, I pretty much agree with everything that's been said here.

It seems that something newer and shinier has taken them away from "our" game which is a crying shame ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:20

"Conspiracy theory"? Mate, evidence would suggest that there being no love for FS is pure fact. The game is up and running but only barely.

Cheers.

wil72

I can't argue in this case. But to be fair, all the HCS games were down. The disturbing fact is only one got an update on status so I can't argue.

#26 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:36

https://forums.hunte...-defeatist-but/

Funny how when I brought this up, I got trolled for it, but now (admittedly a month later), it's a hot potato :)

That said, I pretty much agree with everything that's been said here.

It seems that something newer and shinier has taken them away from "our" game which is a crying shame ...

not so shinier, in the last lot of months it has retained not even a tenth of a percent, yes u heard right, not even a tenth of a percent of its players online, i read a LOT of the posts made at sites they picked up players from, seems way too much lag and bugs with java and getting client to run killed them in the first big grabbing of players, so many people asking and only the occassional hcs standard response, bugs n lag, first and foremost issue.

edit: and those signups would have seen pics and descript so it was kinda what they were looking for ;)

Edited by Undjuvion, 20 March 2015 - 19:39.

#27 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:42

....all the HCS games were down.....

Gothador and Sigma were up - but i mighta just found a lucky opening 

#28 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:46

closest i got to getting into sigma was when cloudflare checked to see if i was a ddos attack then the loading circle just spun and spun :)

#29 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 20:14

It was off an on for me for FS as well. I tried downforeveryoneorjustme.com and it said it was just me when I couldn't get on. So who knows. I blame cloudflare. Things have gone downhill since using that service.

#30 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 20:40

The relevance is that they were/are apparently having server/network-wide issues. This is apparent by the fact that the forum and Eldevin were completely down last night, and Fallen Sword was having connection issues as well. The relevance is that the issues were acknowledged by an administrator, who,  for some reason unknown to us, did not also come into the Fallen Sword forum to post a similar statement. I simply posted that here so that players who may not venture into that forum might see it.

I wonder why the forum participation is so low these days. Might be due to the fact that players are always sniping at each other and the admins. I apologize for daring to share information I thought others might find useful. I guess that isn't what the forum is for anymore.

no..reason so few come to forums is becuase only big grim is listening and he has no say-so in anything outside of content..it would really help if hoof, radneto and zorg would come to fallensword forum and join in and give us some answers, ideas, headsup..anything...we get nothing..but we do see that eldevin gets all the attention of radneto...but nothing for fallensword..why go to forums if admin does not listen..prime example..latest thread on arena, had a poll...17 to 1 for the yes vote..yet bg and the admins decided to side with the 1 no vote...17 to 1...no need to listen to the majority..wonder why the forums have been dead..there is your answer

#31 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:36

Failed to connect: Master Database [10.132.128.119]

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#32 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2015 - 22:22

The relevance is that they were/are apparently having server/network-wide issues. This is apparent by the fact that the forum and Eldevin were completely down last night, and Fallen Sword was having connection issues as well. The relevance is that the issues were acknowledged by an administrator, who,  for some reason unknown to us, did not also come into the Fallen Sword forum to post a similar statement. I simply posted that here so that players who may not venture into that forum might see it.

I wonder why the forum participation is so low these days. Might be due to the fact that players are always sniping at each other and the admins. I apologize for daring to share information I thought others might find useful. I guess that isn't what the forum is for anymore.

You mention forum and Eldevin, I ask you again where does it state this has any relevance to Fallensword, the game? As for sniping, well I am sorry I am merely pointing out a statement of fact that you have posted a link that had zero relevance to this topic. I apologise to the topic starter if I have derailed, I have merely tried to keep this topic Fallensword related and not sought to bring in content from other non related sites.

#33 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 22:38

Possibly the Silence of the Cows is due to St. Patricks' day festivities becoming St. Patricks' week

#34 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 23:22

You mention forum and Eldevin, I ask you again where does it state this has any relevance to Fallensword, the game? As for sniping, well I am sorry I am merely pointing out a statement of fact that you have posted a link that had zero relevance to this topic. I apologise to the topic starter if I have derailed, I have merely tried to keep this topic Fallensword related and not sought to bring in content from other non related sites.

you are either reaching(far i might add) to hate on cyrus or you are just not noticing the relation...

cyrus pointed out that a cow, that also works on this game, decided to communicate with another game's forum on the technical issues they were experiencing.. when we were possibly experiencing the SAME issue or at least a similar one around the same time..

that cow decided not to come into this forum/game nor did our community manager come into today(because this forum thread would of been locked or erased from history by now).. if a cow is playing a game anywhere today, why not try to log into every hunted cow studio game and forum to see if it is working properly and not littered with problems.. they could communicate with other cows that could help or send word of comfort to their players...

#35 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:14

I've had my share of HCS hatred over the last 8 years I've played this game.  I've grown to accept that they are a small company that does not have a whole lot of employees.  But what I fail to understand is how there seems to be ONE person working on FS.  We all know that FS was at one point HCS's proverbial "cash cow", and that to me means all kinds of things.  The first is that why wouldn't they pump more resources into this game so that people will spend more?  I won't even get into the amount I've spent on FS, but I've stopped because of everything.  They are a business, and like any regular business it's about money.  So it only makes sense to put more effort into FS.

I'm not trying to lead a witch hunt.  All I'm trying to do is get an understanding of why there has been an immense amount of neglect for FS lately.  Also, why haven't any of the cows even attempted to comment on the ongoing issues with FS?  Sure, they mentioned it on the Eldevin forums (that infuriates me), but not on the FS forums.  Where is the communication?  Where is the care for a game that YOU created?  Shouldn't you put time into cultivating and evolving one of your most popular games? 

#36 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:45

More than one cow works on this game.. It has rarely felt like only one has over the past years otherwise.. More than one cow created the content that was released under 2 months ago.. Two or three or more cows must have worked on that.. From creation of quests, items and artwork and beyond to the ones that implement it and do the maintenance on it.. There is no way one cow is working on this game..

Even if they aren't operating at the pace i think they should I can't ignore the work that goes into the game at whatever pace they implement it..

Edited by RebornJedi, 21 March 2015 - 00:46.

#37 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:53

More than one cow works on this game.. It has rarely felt like only one has over the past years otherwise.. More than one cow created the content that was released under 2 months ago.. Two or three or more cows must have worked on that.. From creation of quests, items and artwork and beyond to the ones that implement it and do the maintenance on it.. There is no way one cow is working on this game..

Even if they aren't operating at the pace i think they should I can't ignore the work that goes into the game at whatever pace they implement it..

Look, I'm not saying that work has not gone into this game.  There is a reason I still play it, but saying that, can't you admit that there has been crazy neglect going on lately?  I mean I'll go out on the limb and say that in the last year, a lot has been promised and not been achieved.  I understand that goals need to be set high, but even realistic goals have not been met.  By business standards, HCS has dropped the ball.  I would be okay even if the Cows set their goals lower so that my expectations don't get crushed when high goals aren't met.  It's demoralizing.

#38 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:54

I believe ice is talking about one person who is working full time on FS. Others might code or do artwork but they aren't working on the game full time and THAT is what shows.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#39 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:58

I believe ice is talking about one person who is working full time on FS. Others might code or do artwork but they aren't working on the game full time and THAT is what shows.

And to go on what Lou is saying, a game like FS should have more people working on it full time, especially if the high goals set are ever going to get achieved.

#40 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 00:59

I can, as recently, no, a fair bit longer than than that, it has been mediocre at best and down right woeful at worst, rehash after rehash with the global events, zero content new or in addition too. Promises made and not delivered. I'm a paying customer i expect better.

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: