#61 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 00:45

As gold sinks are a constant topic, how about a separate rate for forging crystal gear now that it breaks?

At my level it costs more than 4 million gold (+ 10FSP) to 5 forge an item. This isn't going to happen if the gear will break fairly rapidly. Therefore this update, even if the durability loss is halved or quartered will lose a valuable gold and FSP sink.

+100

#62 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:11

could you check to see if Librarian is correctly working? its not showing on combat logs

Lib never did show on combat logs. You can see fairly easily when it activated by the xp gained, double for a lib activation.

hmmmm i don't hunt much but i could of sworn it used to show up in the combat log

#63 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:18

could you check to see if Librarian is correctly working? its not showing on combat logs

Lib never did show on combat logs. You can see fairly easily when it activated by the xp gained, double for a lib activation.

hmmmm i don't hunt much but i could of sworn it used to show up in the combat log

If you have reckoning and it improves lib, then that will show in the red lines above the combat (old style combat view), but won't mean lib activated. Only way to know if lib activated is to see double the normal xp you are getting.

#64 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:32

except for the arena/invented crystals, I don't really have issue with even higher rate of breakage. easy enough to hunt crystal set, but it would be pain for guild available set. (ours don't offer crystals to players. that is upto individual) UB190/.33% is something most of us can live with. that means a set will last about 1 player's leveling easily. I have not forged a set in 700 lvls, and may be I will once I hit 1200, but it really does not make good sense to forge anyway at higher level imho due to cost anyway.

#65 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:46

I just got 19 total damage off new set with ub 230. Doesn`t matter to me but when this is gone so is my crystal use and more than likely our guilds use as we supply this for 100 members....i got more and better fish to fry

#66 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:56

One of my guildies just came up with a potential solution ?

1. Lower the rate to 0.5%

2. Double the durability (JUST on ladder / arena pieces) and maybe (my throw in) 1/2 the durability on the chomper hunt stuff.

That way, the expensive pieces from the arena have a longer "shelf life" and we can have more chomper events too

Thoughts ?

#67 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:57

2. Double the durability (JUST on ladder / arena pieces) and maybe (my throw in) 1/2 the durability on the chomper hunt stuff.

That way, the expensive pieces from the arena have a longer "shelf life" and we can have more chomper events too

Thoughts ?

+1

Thats actually a pretty good idea, it will keep most people happy all together.

#68 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:59

A couple things:

1. Lets Face it, there isn't going to be enough spine events frequently enough to support the rate of crystal consumption. The cows say there will be.. but yeah.. we know how that works out.

2. Nobody is going to forge Crystal gear any more. What's the point?

3. What about the non-event Crystal gear that is super expensive? I feel sorry for those who invested in some of the new crystal sets and now they are in serious danger.

4. Large guilds that have to supply their members with Crystal gear aren't going to do it any more. Causing issues.

Yet another horrible update, Cows. I'm not opposed to Crystal gear breaking here and there.. but the rate it is going at now seems a bit much.

#69 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:10

Another option is just to allow crystalline pieces to be forged with gold and zero fsp's... That could well be a nice gold sink (albeit if the prices were lowered somewhat, relative to non-crystalline pieces which don't, after all, break)

#70 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:14

crystal was ment to be broke so its been on borrowed time for a long time for it to be broke .. so you moan over forging get over it go forge something else no one makes you forge anything and besides so many used to say the gain wasnt that great anyway so why moan now..

so for once people will have to own there own crystal gear which mean more events you dont have to forge gear to lvl hell half the time its very easy to kill almost anything without forged gear.

if you really have to compensate then allow only forged crystal gear the old option of unforging gear like you did when this game started so they get their 10 fsp back but lose the gold used hell that works as a gold sink and only when duribilty reaches 0

but dont reduce the % just to please them seems to be who cries loudest nowadays wins

#71 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:23

spoken like a true crystal hoarder hades,,,lol

#72 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:49

spoken like a true crystal hoarder hades,,,lol

i dont hoard crystal anymore was a time i had tons but not anymore i dont hoard much of anything anymore because nothing sells
do i have some crystal yep some of the new stuff that i use or will do when i hunt next and i have a fair few sets smashed to bits cause unlike so many moaning i dont forge it and i dont care if it breaks ..most gear you dont need forged and i use all gear the way it was ment to be if it breaks oh well go buy another or grab one i farmed

#73 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:50

another options assuming UB190 max, is to have each lvl of forging raise the maximum UB by 1%. so fully forged gives UB195 effect. ( so down to .15% chance to damage ) that would be an incentive to forge crystalline item.

#74 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:48

The update that we implemented before which made Crystalline items always have a min 1% chance of taking damage even with UB200 wasn't working correctly - hence this update fixed that issue.

We are listening to your feedback about the items losing Crystalline items loosing durability too quickly. What about changing it so it's 0.5% (or possibly 0.25%) minimum instead? (I do feel that it is important that Crystalline always have a chance to lose durability)

@ .1 you would have the desired effect ...

#75 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:24

Another possible solution is to prevent distill working on the unbreakable pots, but keep it working as it is.

UB190 (potion of resilience) will stay UB190 this is the pot you can find in the caves.
UB200 (everlasting potion) will stay working as UB200 but its an loyalty pot.

Yes, on some hunts you can gear tht doesn't b break down at all, perfect if you gear is to the last few points and you want to be sure its working the entire hunt. But not something you are going to keep using the entire time as it simply uses too much loyalty points.

#76 fs_razoreye

fs_razoreye
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:15

The update that we implemented before which made Crystalline items always have a min 1% chance of taking damage even with UB200 wasn't working correctly - hence this update fixed that issue.

We are listening to your feedback about the items losing Crystalline items loosing durability too quickly. What about changing it so it's 0.5% (or possibly 0.25%) minimum instead? (I do feel that it is important that Crystalline always have a chance to lose durability)

Sounds a lot better to me. Thanks for listening.

#77 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:37

Thoughts ?

That sounds okay to me. We'll see what Hoofmaster thinks.

It was ALWAYS the intention that the Chomper gear would break but be replaced by regular Events. Since UB200, it's simply not been needed.

Gonna have to track down every crystal in the game! *sob*

#78 koenvdv

koenvdv

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Badge
  • Belgium

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:56

http://guide.fallensword.com/index.php and put rarity on crystalline

#79 fs_littledog9

fs_littledog9
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:39

Another possible solution is to prevent distill working on the unbreakable pots, but keep it working as it is.

UB190 (potion of resilience) will stay UB190 this is the pot you can find in the caves.
UB200 (everlasting potion) will stay working as UB200 but its an loyalty pot.

Yes, on some hunts you can gear tht doesn't b break down at all, perfect if you gear is to the last few points and you want to be sure its working the entire hunt. But not something you are going to keep using the entire time as it simply uses too much loyalty points.

+1

seems like the simplest solution from a coding standpoint. prevent the cows from having to adjust durabilities on every item, and still guarantees that all crystal takes damage. nice one.

#80 Odinsson

Odinsson

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:49

Thoughts ?

That sounds okay to me. We'll see what Hoofmaster thinks.

It was ALWAYS the intention that the Chomper gear would break but be replaced by regular Events. Since UB200, it's simply not been needed.

I would say the key word there is CHOMPER gear, which yes of course let it get destroyed, its the arena and inventable gear that we are all worried about.

Could you maybe change arena and inventable crystal into a different class of gear? one that takes damage a lot slower then the Chomper stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: