15 replies to this topic

#1 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 21:36

Not sure if there is a place for this (if not here), or if this has been mentioned previously but hey, here it goes.

A new medal proposal to a part of the game I have actually never delved into, the Scavenging Caves.

Would be as all other medals, though the complexaties would be interesting as to how many would grant you bronze to diamond, as you can scavenge for 1 gold, or 25,000.

Diamond could be achieved in minutes for the wealthiest of players.

Perhaps a daily Scavenge rate? Scavenge a minimum of x times a day and up 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 750.

Cheers,

~Spaz2

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 21:49

You might as well say buy new medal for X gold.  Not saying there isn't room for more medals, I just don't think scavenging is the one.  Sorry.

Screenshot everything!

#3 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 March 2019 - 22:30

yea ,no spaz like you said rich folks go out and buy it 

but idea was there

5aZzW0p.png,

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:26

Rich folk buy other medals so, if that's the primary objection to it, I'd say add it in :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 March 2019 - 05:21

Rich folk buy other medals so, if that's the primary objection to it, I'd say add it in :)

I'm a bit neutral about this, but I can understand the objection that Yote has though and am leaning toward agreement. After all, the caves is one aspect of the game that by definition requires a player to spend mass quantities of gold and/or FSP, and requires little or no skill or effort.  In other aspects of the game, the playing field is more level and it's not necessary to buy your way into a medal.....  We need more medals which require work rather than a cash expenditure to obtain imho.

I do want to say that adding medals for people that have already achieved diamond in one category or another is actually something I would be more interested in....   

Edited by BadPenny, 03 March 2019 - 05:22.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:43

A medal should be hard to get, getting it in minutes would be just junk.

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:51

good point

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 19:05

activeh1

Posted Today, 10:51

Pardoux, on 03 Mar 2019 - 04:26, said:snapback.png

good point

Rich folk buy other medals so, if that's the primary objection to it, I'd say add it in smile.png

Completely agree that medals should not be bought and/or easy to obtain. Although my bronze SE i did buy most of the locations and I sure have never found a chest myself, though have bought 5 and received a medal, like everyone else's chest medal, doubtfully 'earned' it, just 'bought' it. Cannot be said for all of course, on either medal mentioned above, but they are easy to buy.

If it was to work that you needed to Scavenge 10x to earn a % towards the process, which are earned/maxxed daily it could take up to 10, 50, 100, 200, 500, 750 days until the different levels of medals are rewarded. Dependant on, if ever implemented, the # set to achieve each tier.

Could be a good, small, gold sink!

Posted Today, 10:51

Pardoux, on 03 Mar 2019 - 04:26, said:snapback.png

good point

Rich folk buy other medals so, if that's the primary objection to it, I'd say add it in smile.png

#9 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 19:06

I clearly cannot use the forums particularly well, so I apologise for how the above appears!

Hate me for other reasons, lol.

#10 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:06

I dont find scavenging rewarding enough to even try it again

#11 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:11

Nor me, but if I could get a medal from it.

For, as I mentioned above, 250k gold a day, over 10 days= 2.5 million gold. (25k gold, 10 times for one daily % towards tier bronze)

2.5 million gold sunk from each player JUST for a bronze medal, if they wanted it of course. Others would relish from it purely as they do it for profit. 

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2019 - 20:58

Ditto - caves have needed work on 'em for years - plenty of good suggestions have all fallen on deaf ears :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 22:46

Let's see something new to the game worthy of earning a new medal. Will wait...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#14 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 March 2019 - 14:59

I could see this as like a daily quest "scavange x10 times in Ancient Cave get 350 reserve stamina" or smt. but not as a medal.

#15 paingwin

paingwin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:37

and just think of the MASSIVE gold sink it would create. Gawd would it be nice to see FSP going for 150k gold again LOL

Edited by paingwin, 04 May 2019 - 05:39.

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:04

and just think of the MASSIVE gold sink it would create. Gawd would it be nice to see FSP going for 150k gold again LOL

Haha - I think those days are LONG gone ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: