#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 14:30

Hello Everyone,

It's a surprise to no one that arena is dated and needs some help.

I come forth with a simple and easy change to help arena overall.

The 25% Guild mate arena rule should be changed to the following.

Joining with all your own gear = bypass 25% rule

Joining with Guild Tagged gear = 25% rule applies

Arena is a solo activity, if you are joining an arena with your own personal gear it has nothing to do with your guild mates. If you are joining with guild tagged gear then it makes sense for the 25% rule to apply to them.

The only thing I can possibly see people saying would be "collusion", but let's think about this realistically. Being in the same guild has nothing to do with that. With our access to communication in Realtime 24/7 across various platforms such as discord etc where many unique people are connected, this does not really apply.

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 September 2021 - 14:35.

#2 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 15:50

Personal gear guild gear it doesn't matter.. boosting will become easier

Edited by Alisa, 30 September 2021 - 15:51.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 15:58

Personal gear guild gear it doesn't matter.. boosting will become easier

Explain? 

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 September 2021 - 16:03.

#4 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 16:11

Explain?

You can tell your members to take off their gear before entering. Didn't think this needed explaining. I respect the hard work players put into getting their gold+ medals. This one change might make their medals questionable if they actually put the time in.

Arena needs a makeover, but not this.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 16:12

You can tell your members to take off their gear before entering. Didn't think this needed explaining. I respect the hard work players put into getting their gold+ medals. This one change might make their medals questionable if they actually put the time in.

Arena needs a makeover, but not this.

I can post in a discord of over a hundred unique individuals from seperate guilds to do the same? 

So basically you are saying, we will fix this partially and not nearly entirely and sacrifice peoples ability to play honorably and morally? BIG NO from me

Allow me to ask you about your diamond defender medal? Do you think this needs to be reset also? What about those people that put in hard work on that?

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 September 2021 - 16:16.

#6 Toreth

Toreth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 30 September 2021 - 16:18

I respect the hard work players put into getting their gold+ medals. This one change might make their medals questionable if they actually put the time in.

You mean like that Diamond “Defender of the Realm” medal you’ve got there?

#7 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 17:40

Yes
Also like treasurer hunter medal

sigma_468x60.jpg

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 18:00

Some medals are a lot easier to get than others. Don't want arena to be one of the easy ones that's all

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 18:21

Some medals are a lot easier to get than others. Don't want arena to be one of the easy ones that's all

Defender medal is actually extremely difficult and takes alot of time and investment. Also almost nothing would change in regards to arena medal difficulty. 

So basically you are saying, we will fix this partially and not nearly entirely and sacrifice peoples ability to play honorably and morally? BIG NO from me

Point still stands based on the above. It's not going to be any easier. If I wanted I could get diamond arena medal over the weekend if I wanted along with 7 others. 

Someone cannot talk about trashing the integrity it would of a medal (Even if they are wrong in thinking) and then also do the same thing on another medal.

soooo....

Given the very nature of a large amount of your posts being "Troll" post's (You can agree this is true) idk if I should take you serious and thus will not respond further.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 October 2021 - 00:43.

#10 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 18:48

Hello Everyone,

It's a surprise to no one that arena is dated and needs some help.

I come forth with a simple and easy change to help arena overall.

The 25% Guild mate arena rule should be changed to the following.

Joining with all your own gear = bypass 25% rule

Joining with Guild Tagged gear = 25% rule applies

Arena is a solo activity, if you are joining an arena with your own personal gear it has nothing to do with your guild mates. If you are joining with guild tagged gear then it makes sense for the 25% rule to apply to them.

The only thing I can possibly see people saying would be "collusion", but let's think about this realistically. Being in the same guild has nothing to do with that. With our access to communication in Realtime 24/7 across various platforms such as discord etc where many unique people are connected, this does not really apply.

I think this is a fine change. I've done very minimal Arena compared to others, but I don't really see an issue.  Hopefully it would promote some gear sales in the AH as well.

#11 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 19:12

Lol When did disagreement become trolling.

Anyways... I offered my 2cents. Just one last thing I would like to see change about arena and it's actually more reasonable than yours is the amount of participants reduced. I believe someone brought this idea up before.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 19:19

Lol When did disagreement become trolling.

Anyways... I offered my 2cents. Just one last thing I would like to see change about arena and it's actually more reasonable than yours is the amount of participants reduced. I believe someone brought this idea up before.

:weirdchamp: Couldn't resist in responding because this could be a wake up call. If you reduce the amount of participant's it makes it easier to boost arena by the way. That aside it will also make the arena even easier to get wins.

This is precisely why I don't know when to take you seriously. You contradict yourself and i'm not sure if you are being serious.

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 September 2021 - 19:27.

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2021 - 23:09

As someone who plays arena from time to time in bursts, I would like to see some sort of cool down for individuals. Maybe a 1-2 day cool down after 5 wins in a 24 hour period. I think it speaks volumes that you can be in the top 250 arena players without even having a bronze medal in it (100 wins) after 15 years. I think a lot of people would give arena more of a chance if they knew they weren't always going to be up against the best arena players always.

I would be okay with getting rid of the guild limit if the above change also happened. 

Edited by Windbattle, 30 September 2021 - 23:13.

#14 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 00:06

Couldn't resist

you must be trolling. no way anyone takes you seriously.

Me
this no16.jpg to this yes8.jpg

You

this oneG.jpg to this oneGall.jpg

yes its highlight for cheap edit. point still stands.

Funny you rather attack me for my medals or how I play instead of trying to change my mind and put your idea in a stronger position. Either I agree or I'm a threat. This how I see it and you haven't done anything to change that and I wonder why. Thought you were more mature than this.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#15 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 00:06

Well I know some players will say it will be open to abuse but if someone want to abuse they can just do it outside guild ... 

Arena is big part of the game !  give everyone chance to play smoothly without this restriction , its a game at the end and  Arena pretty much clear if someone wants to abuse they will get caught and what's the point of play a game without integrity !   This will boost Arena and the market pretty much ...

I hope HCs to rethink and open serious discussion about it ..

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 00:13

you must be trolling. no way anyone takes you seriously.

Me
this no16.jpg to this yes8.jpg

You

this oneG.jpg to this oneGall.jpg

yes its highlight for cheap edit. point still stands.

Funny you rather attack me for my medals or how I play instead of trying to change my mind and put your idea in a stronger position. Either I agree or I'm a threat. This how I see it and you haven't done anything to change that and I wonder why. Thought you were more mature than this.

Yes all arenas are 16 people. Every single point i made still stands about the suggestion. You aren't a threat, what are you talking about 0.0. What does being a threat have to do with anything.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 October 2021 - 00:32.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 00:16

As someone who plays arena from time to time in bursts, I would like to see some sort of cool down for individuals. Maybe a 1-2 day cool down after 5 wins in a 24 hour period. I think it speaks volumes that you can be in the top 250 arena players without even having a bronze medal in it (100 wins) after 15 years. I think a lot of people would give arena more of a chance if they knew they weren't always going to be up against the best arena players always.

I would be okay with getting rid of the guild limit if the above change also happened. 

Do we need a leveling cooldown as well? Cooldown for everything tbh. Everyone of the players that are the best at what they do started from the same place at the bottom. You need to put the time and effort in.

Cooldown takes the competition out of things, the game needs competition. Source; look at titan hunting, it got so bad they needed to allow people to personally secure things on top of guild secure.

The reason you are showing in top list is because the player base is small and once you are inactive you fall off the top charts.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 October 2021 - 00:21.

#18 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 00:17

This negative attitude will never change ...  "The best" Arena players you call them the best ! they were newbie at some point and learnt from the constant trying  ,  Play more and get better it is simple . i can see lots of players who were newbie and got better now days without complaints .

In my case Cooldown in arena is just like asking me to stop playing the game. 

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 03:54

I agree that anyone can cheat the Medal easily already, but I think that would make it way to easy to group the same, let's say, 8 people going for Arena Medals at the same place to help eachother...Although I know that it can be made already just as easy if you know enough people in the game.

I'd be in favor of:

Guild Gear - 25% Rule

Own Gear - 50% Rule

PS: I don't play Arena, have not much say into it, completelly talking from an outsider standpoint.

#20 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:03

Honestly, what Arena needs is a proper "tutorial", I'd love to play Arena more, but it seems so complicated that I don't even know where to start...It's more like a thing of finding someone to teach you the basics is the only real way to start doing it, and I think that's the reason no one really plays it.

I know if I sit down and go over hundreds of sets, move sets, join a lot of Arenas and learn how to do it, it'll work at some point, but to break that initial barrier is such an investment of time and resources that most people don't even bother.

It's just an area that requires A LOT of game knowledge, a massive BP, huge investment in gear and so on...So it really limits it to a very small group that play the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: