#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:26

I like the idea HCS good job in making a challenging titan for a reasonable range to track it.  The only question I have is this a seasonal titan or a regular to come out to be a stinker giggles.  :lol:

It's a regular Titan. I'm not sure Seasonal Titans need this. With only two weeks to hunt them and with cooldown, I'm pretty sure that will suffice. We're open to feedback though.

#42 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:43

Thank you HCS! The irony is complete.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#43 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:47

Stay on topic please. 

#44 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:54

Tempted that we make the seasonal titans work like this as well - thoughts?

#45 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:00

might result in lots of players on the map hunting it, "chaos", certain amount of time (seasonal titan), titan hunting booming, no solo secures possible, pressure, many guilds competing against each other, higher activity, .... => I ♥ it smile.png

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#46 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:01

if the drops are considerably better id say occassional one is good, flooding is never a good thing, occassional mammoth of a good thing ive always advocated :)

#47 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:29

Please, before turning more Titans invisible, try to hunt this one and you will see how painfull this is.

Few things need to be fixed, the maps should not be that huge, it's way too painfull to walk with some lag, we need to wait the action box change from "moving" to "no possible actions", without seeing the titan hp on the world page, we can't know if the titan was killed, so we need to keep moving over places we already checked and a lot more small problems.

I know that is supposed to encourage team work, but it's so painfull that no one want to try it, you can see, only one titan was killed (no secure) and the second one still have 547HP to go, and no one is hunting it, if we can't have fun hunting it, if we get stressed, headache, starving and tired, why I would do it?

If you guys can implement a system that points the Titan DIRECTION would be AWESOME.

Like a pointer by the side of our character, point the direction of the Titan, so we don't waste 15 minutes to find a single spot, that could work GREAT, we would no be able to see the titan, but we would still be able to have a hint on it.

#48 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:34

More challenge makes the game attractive!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#49 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 December 2015 - 13:52

More challenge makes the game attractive!

i would have used the word addictive but meh :P

#50 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 15:21

I like the addition, but keep them limited. And remember why you added a buff like Titan Doubler. As I recall it this was to encourage more players to hunt the titans by shortening the time to spent on the hunt.

And I think that worked quite well.

Perhaps a bit too well, as for certain titans the value of the stamina needed to kill it goes beyond the value of the item that can be obtained. Ofcourse that is not the most important, but for many players it needs to be worthwhile otherwise they will spend there stamina in another way.

These invisible titans need so much stamina spend on them, that the items given would really have to be awesome. (+10 stam gain or something) Cause, why else would one bother? 

If the objective is to have more competition on the titans and keep more value on their items, a better way prolly is to release a couple 100 new ones. So the same ones are spent a lot less often. But I imagine that puts a great stress on the graphic department. But it will work better than invisible titans in my opinion. I can already forsee the complaining that the stats of the item do not weigh up to the effort. And then you will have a couple of extra titans nobody wants to hunt.

Don't take this as an attack. as said I like the idea, but I see problems aswell, that prolly can only be countered by adding über-overpowered gear. And that should be the last thing we want not?

#51 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 16:15

I think it would be great to apply this to all titans. But Titan HP has to be tweaked with the map size taken into account such that a titan-hunting session would span between 2-3 hours for a standard 4-man team. Anything longer than a 3-hour session is tedious in my experience.

Anyway, great update. Titan location is no longer available to the client, hence any exploit relying on this info is rendered useless.

#52 cramble27

cramble27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 16:23

Before you make the seasonal titans invisible, can you wait and see how this titan works out first?

This one is a new titan, it is exciting and that is why people are going for it.  My prediction is the novelty wears off and that no one wastes their time hunting this thing.  Unless the item it drops it worth the effort.  But if that is the case, then it will be really expensive and people will complain about the profits being made.  Vicious cycle, lose-lose situation really.

Which is what will happen with the Seasonal Titans if you make them invisible.  The price will go up on them because the effort to get them becomes greater.  You will see less secures and that will drive the price up.  Then people will complain.  Then another change will have to be made.

I appreciate the idea.  Titan hunting is something I enjoy in this game (I finally got enough TKP for an Elemental shield blank, which is no easy task because of the dark realm, I think I need glasses now).  But more challenging is not always better.  Sure, make a task too easy and it becomes trivial.  But if you make it too difficult, then no one will bother.  The reward has to justify the effort.

I am trying to offer constructive feedback.  I have not tried to hunt this titan yet because I am saving stam.  Has anyone at HCS hunted this titan, either before it was released or after?  Was this released as a test run or experiment?  I do know what it is like to sweep for SE's, and I can only imagine the frustrating for sweeping for this thing, only to find that after you smack it once, it moves to who knows where (the Guardian Titan is bad enough when this happens).  Or if you are sweeping but someone else has killed it and you don't know so you keep sweeping but never find it.  These things are enough of a pain to make me not even want to try this.  I realize not everything is going to appeal to everyone, and that is fine to.  But my prediction is that once the newness wears off, no one goes after this thing, or guilds will have to entirely kill it, otherwise it is just going to sit for weeks.

#53 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 16:35

love the ideal but b4 you guys make more lets see how this one works please 

#54 Kbyte

Kbyte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:06

Great idea, nice update.

I would just suggest to keep sth written above map telling the titan is still alive on the map and showing the amount of tkp still lefting for it to be fully killed.

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:14

I would just suggest to keep sth written above map telling the titan is still alive on the map and showing the amount of tkp still lefting for it to be fully killed.

That's what the scout tower tells you.

#56 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:44

Yeah, the Scout Tower tell us that, we know.

But when we are hunting the invisible titan, a good idea is to use the footprints, lets say the titan have 4006HP once we start to look for it, I'm 100% sure that he is not on any place that I have walked while he still at 4006hp, but once the hp drops, then I know it was killed and that I need to erase all footprints and start from zero again...It's HUGE save of time.

Personally, I don't see me hunting this titan again unless it drops an absurd ultra-super Epic, because was a terrible experience,

#57 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:47

Yeah, the Scout Tower tell us that, we know.

But when we are hunting the invisible titan, a good idea is to use the footprints, lets say the titan have 4006HP once we start to look for it, I'm 100% sure that he is not on any place that I have walked while he still at 4006hp, but once the hp drops, then I know it was killed and that I need to erase all footprints and start from zero again...It's HUGE save of time.

Personally, I don't see me hunting this titan again unless it drops an absurd ultra-super Epic, because was a terrible experience,

Do you mean add the scout tower info onto the map screen? If so I think that's a pretty good idea :)

#58 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 17:59

Yeah, kinda, only on realms where there is a titan active, showing something like this:

2000/5000HP - (1000 kills - 20%) (33% of total kills)

2000/5000HP - Titan actual HP / Titan total HP.

(1000 kills - 20%) - Total kills your guild have done, 51% means a secure.

33% of total kills - that shows us how much % of the kills we have done compared to all the kills, and we will be anle to see if we are losing space or getting ahead...at least for me would be a great addition.

#59 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 19:35

kQcGLPs.png

smile.png lvl 650 'Invader Greaves' from the 'The Invisible Invader (Titan)' :)

Edited by mary4ever, 08 December 2015 - 19:36.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#60 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2015 - 19:55

kQcGLPs.png

smile.png lvl 650 'Invader Greaves' from the 'The Invisible Invader (Titan)' :)

What exactly makes them better than the Gorgeanaka boots? Are Epics used for base stats anymore?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: