#21 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2016 - 16:56

Remember, if you use composing potions at all, even if they're made by someone else, doing this event benefits you, because it benefits those who supply the potions you use. smile.png If they have no frags, you have no potions.

Hear hear!

#22 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 17:19

Composing events will never be as popular as regular global events for several reasons:

1. More and More composers are reaching lvl 60 and require less fragments because they are no longer leveling.

2. Many players have completely stopped composing due to several reasons:

A) players have guildmates who will make them potions

B) players realize the time/gold/stam commitment to try and make it to level 60 and give up.

C) Traveling composer, even just one, can allow nearly anyone in the game to not have to compose themselves. I have suggested many times that in order for someone to guild tag composed potions, they need to have a minimum of a Guild Loyalty Bronze medal! Making this slight change will entice players to compose themselves because they won't be willing to wait 1 month for a traveling composer to make them a potion. Alternatively, if hcs wants players to be able to profit from composed potions, then they need to be able to be sold via Auction House and not limit profits from composing to the select few players who have zero guild loyalty and are willing to guild hop for profit. If all composed potions were available at AH then ALL PLAYERS could benefit!!!

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2016 - 17:22

All players can profit from Composing if they wish to. All they gotta do is compose.

#24 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 17:46

I only did the first two frag events, for me they are a waste of stamina, I do not compose and will not compose in the future

only composed until I got my medal, then stopped

if I want composing potions my guild mates will make them for me, they have enough

every 2 or 3 weeks we have global events with frag chest drops

I get no benefits from doing frag events, only waste my stamina and time because the composers have enough frags but thanks or the event

Edited by Altiger, 16 February 2016 - 17:47.

#25 96Wings

96Wings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 18:15

Thinking about things long term, not many people would want to invest in getting to level 60 composing at this point. You have very few who would want to since it's simply so expensive to do so. Well, I say this as a general consensus from what I've been reading from other players. Personally, I like to do things myself if I can help it. I'll gladly take other people's generosity however as it does greatly help people like me who are just starting and I do hope I can be in their shoes in the future to help out others who are also just starting this game. As such, I believe that investing in such a long con is very useful and this kind of event would greatly help me in the future considering the amount of frags I'll be able to get out of this. Therefore, I'm thankful for the event and definitely hoping for more in the future. :)

#26 Spider0007

Spider0007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 18:47

All players can profit from Composing if they wish to. All they gotta do is compose.

All they gotta do is compose, you're right. Then guild hop around in order to sell their potions. I'm not sure that was the original intention of guild locking composed potions. In my opinion, it would greatly increase composing participation if you'd implement my suggestion of requiring a guild loyalty bronze medal in order to guild tag composed potions, or simply allow composing potions to be sold at the Auction House. A player should not have to guild hop in order to profit from this aspect of the game. Just my thoughts.

#27 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 19:03

If you can just guild hop and sell why not just make them sellable in the AH...Seems very silly to have them guild locked if you encourage and say it's okay to guild hop and sell.

#28 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2016 - 19:07

I've thought this since the day Grendeldog inquired about this (guild hopping for profit) and HCS said they don't mind.

Honestly, they should have kept composing a PURELY personal thing.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 20:05

I've thought this since the day Grendeldog inquired about this (guild hopping for profit) and HCS said they don't mind.

Honestly, they should have kept composing a PURELY personal thing.

At the time, I thought Grendel was being pretty smart about getting around the limitations, but given how it's turned out, I regret that opinion. It should never have been allowed.

That said, you can't really close the door now, given how much some of these guild-hoppers / travelling composers (take your pick) have raked in.

(and, given some of the posts about selling composing pots at 1/2 price lately, obviously that's a LOT - they're not gonna sell for a loss, after all)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 20:45

At the time, I thought Grendel was being pretty smart about getting around the limitations, but given how it's turned out, I regret that opinion. It should never have been allowed.

That said, you can't really close the door now, given how much some of these guild-hoppers / travelling composers (take your pick) have raked in.

(and, given some of the posts about selling composing pots at 1/2 price lately, obviously that's a LOT - they're not gonna sell for a loss, after all)

I talked to some level 60 composers and wanted to know how much the composing pots are really worth, how much it costs them and how much the frags cost them, I asked 4 of them

I asked them about pride and lady luck

pride 200 costs them 10k gold and lady luck costs them 10k gold, if they want to earn some profit they would sell for 15 to 20k gold

I looked at some traveling composers prices and they sell pride 200 for 1.5 FSP and lady luck for 1.5 FSP

the composing pot costs them only 10k gold but they sell for 300k gold (30 times more expensive than it costs them to create)

they sell for high prices and make a lot of profit, they travel to guilds and sell their overpriced potions and the other players are buying because they do not have a choice, traveling composers are like merchants, they try to get the most for their products and it is their right to do so

Edited by Altiger, 16 February 2016 - 20:45.

#31 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 20:52

I talked to some level 60 composers and wanted to know how much the composing pots are really worth, how much it costs them and how much the frags cost them, I asked 4 of them

pride 200 costs them 10k gold and lady luck costs them 10k gold, if they want to earn some profit they would sell for 15 to 20k gold

I looked at some traveling composers prices and they sell pride 200 for 1.5 FSP and lady luck for 1.5 FSP
the composing pot costs them only 10k gold but they sell for 300k gold (30 times more expensive than it costs them to create)

they sell for high prices and make a lot of profit, they travel to guilds and sell their overpriced potions and the other players are buying because they do not have a choice, traveling composers are like merchants, they try to get the most for their products and it is their right to do so

So all 6 composers you talked to sell them for 1.5 fsp? I think that's on the high end. Anyway, as doom suggested, the only way really to drive more interest into composing is to remove the ability to tag pots at all. I traveled for profit and the profits were incredible. no denying that. Prices are coming down however and will continue to do so

#32 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 20:55

So all 6 composers you talked to sell them for 1.5 fsp? I think that's on the high end. Anyway, as doom suggested, the only way really to drive more interest into composing is to remove the ability to tag pots at all. I traveled for profit and the profits were incredible. no denying that. Prices are coming down however and will continue to do so

you misunderstood, the composers I talked to said it costs them only 10k gold, the traveling composers sell for 1.5 FSP (300k gold)

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 21:15

you misunderstood, the composers I talked to said it costs them only 10k gold, the traveling composers sell for 1.5 FSP (300k gold)

Not sure where your 4 composers you talked to got their info. 6k gold to make the pot. 10 commons, 6 rare, 3 uniques and 1 legendary. If you can get those 20 frags for 4K gold, I will buy them all day long. You are also not considering how much gold and common frags were used including the time to get to level 60 as well but even ignoring that, it's an economy driven market. Everything new in FS starts "over priced" and time will make the price go down. So traveling composers used to charge that much but I didn't when I did it. I think that's the high end price and it will go down. Anyway, if the point is to get more people into composing, eliminate the tagging option period. I say leave it be. Prices will continue to tumble. Interest in these events will wane. But will still be there as I always qualify as I need legendaries the most

#34 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 21:28

Not sure where your 4 composers you talked to got their info. 6k gold to make the pot. 10 commons, 6 rare, 3 uniques and 1 legendary. If you can get those 20 frags for 4K gold, I will buy them all day long. You are also not considering how much gold and common frags were used including the time to get to level 60 as well but even ignoring that, it's an economy driven market. Everything new in FS starts "over priced" and time will make the price go down. So traveling composers used to charge that much but I didn't when I did it. I think that's the high end price and it will go down. Anyway, if the point is to get more people into composing, eliminate the tagging option period. I say leave it be. Prices will continue to tumble. Interest in these events will wane. But will still be there as I always qualify as I need legendaries the most

the 4k frag cost are only for the 1 legendary frag, they said they are now at level 60 and do not need spend gold or any frags to level, they have a lot of commons, rare and unique frags, they only take part in the globals because of the legendary, crystalline and super elite frags

if you are a level 60 composer then how many commons, rare and unique frags do you have?

is it then true that you mostly need legendary, crystalline and super elite frags like the other 60 composers said?

#35 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 21:37

the 4k frag cost are only for the 1 legendary frag, they said they are now at level 60 and do not need spend gold or any frags to level, they have a lot of commons, rare and unique frags, they only take part in the globals because of the legendary, crystalline and super elite frags

if you are a level 60 composer then how many commons, rare and unique frags do you have?
is it then true that you mostly need legendary, crystalline and super elite frags like the other 60 composers said?

They must have far more frags then I do. Yes, once you get to 60, you don't need commons or rares but you still use them. So your idea of "profit" is to sell for 15-20k gold cause all the other frags are so abundant? :/ please get to level 60 ASAP. I guarantee we will buy from you or any of the other composers daily for that price point. Anyway, what about removing ability to tag? If the goal is to get more players to join these events, you should be pushing for that versus trying to tell other people how to sell composed pots :/

#36 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 21:41

@Altiger, I'll be happy to give you a short real life example to help you understand the economics. I just don't feel comfortable explaining it here, because it's off-topic. No flame in that by the way. Pm me in game if you'd like to understand it. 

That said, many thanks for the GE HCS. Congrats out to the community for already making the Gold tier. 

Beyond that, extra thanks out to those who followed the excellent theme of post #20. I'm taking my last possible shot in a bit. Hope we make crystal, but hey, I think gold itself is a fine effort. (o0

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#37 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 21:55

please get to level 60 ASAP. I guarantee we will buy from you or any of the other composers daily for that price point.

why do you think I do not compose? when I need them I buy them cheap instead of wasting stamina and FSPS to get to level 60

If the goal is to get more players to join these events, you should be pushing for that versus trying to tell other people how to sell composed pots :/

I do not care if more or less players join these events, it is their choice and I do not care how much composers sell their potions for, it is their potions and it is their right to sell at the price they want, I only wanted to show how much composing potions really cost a level 60 composer (info I got from the 4 level 60 composers)

#38 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:08

why do you think I do not compose? when I need them I buy them cheap instead of wasting stamina and FSPS to get to level 60

I do not care if more or less players join these events, it is their choice and I do not care how much composers sell their potions for, it is their potions and it is their right to sell at the price they want, I only wanted to show how much composing potions really cost a level 60 composer (info I got from the 4 level 60 composers)

That's fine then. But I'm the 5th level 60 composer you are talking to and I disagree with the other 4. Even at 4K gold legendary frag, I will buy them all. Send ST's

If you don't care how much composers sell the composed pots for, please refrain from using terms like "over priced" and calculating incorrect profit margins. If you don't care, you don't care :)

Btw, I'm retired from traveling so I could care less either way. I'm only interested in wasting more gold and commons toward level 61. Make it require Same amount of xp as it took to go from 1 to 60 and you only gain one new skill. Level 100 artful bandit! That should keep me occupied for at least a year ;)

#39 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:44

That's fine then. But I'm the 5th level 60 composer you are talking to and I disagree with the other 4. Even at 4K gold legendary frag, I will buy them all. Send ST's

If you don't care how much composers sell the composed pots for, please refrain from using terms like "over priced" and calculating incorrect profit margins. If you don't care, you don't care :)

Btw, I'm retired from traveling so I could care less either way. I'm only interested in wasting more gold and commons toward level 61. Make it require Same amount of xp as it took to go from 1 to 60 and you only gain one new skill. Level 100 artful bandit! That should keep me occupied for at least a year ;)

why should altiger care about the prices of the traveling composers?

composing potions are guild tagged and we have our guild composers, he made a comparison to how much pride200 pots actually cost to create and how much the traveling composers sell them at and he said it is up to the composers to sell at the price they want

#40 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 22:50

why should altiger care about the prices of the traveling composers?
composing potions are guild tagged and we have our guild composers, he made a comparison to how much pride200 pots actually cost to create and how much the traveling composers sell them at and he said it is up to the composers to sell at the price they want

Maybe read the whole thread?

Yeah, why should he care? I agree. But read: maybe I missed it. Was he talking about something else?

"I talked to some level 60 composers and wanted to know how much the composing pots are really worth, how much it costs them and how much the frags cost them, I asked 4 of them

they sell for high prices and make a lot of profit, they travel to guilds and sell their overpriced potions and the other players are buying because they do not have a choice, traveling composers are like merchants, they try to get the most for their products and it is their right to do so"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: