84 replies to this topic

#1 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:17

can we get gvg fixed to not count inactive players im getting tired of getting hit 100 times im pretty sure im not the only player getting ganged up on what am i expected to do kick players lose the bp space and exp i dont even want to log on aand see how much the repair is

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:35

can we get gvg fixed to not count inactive players im getting tired of getting hit 100 times im pretty sure im not the only player getting ganged up on what am i expected to do kick players lose the bp space and exp i dont even want to log on aand see how much the repair is

7 days inactive (I think) and they're not eligible to be hit.

As for mules - there has to be some negatives to having them in a guild as well as positives - just gotta accept that :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:46

If the problem is that the 7 days inactive is not working properly, please send a ticket to HCS addresing the issue...Otherwise, it's working just as intended.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:54

what am i expected to do kick players lose the bp space and exp i dont even want to log on aand see how much the repair is

Yes. Looks like you can dish the attacks to your advantage from your GvG win/loss record. How much gear does one player need?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:19

bro, gvg working better than not getting hit inactives because inactive is after 30 days, gvg maximum time you can attacking player is 7 days

#6 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 16:09

7 days inactive (I think) and they're not eligible to be hit.

As for mules - there has to be some negatives to having them in a guild as well as positives - just gotta accept that :)

7 days inactive is not right..only 2 active members in my guild..and i get the same 100 hit pounding as the op, luckily all i have to do is some repairs..no biggie...not sure exactly on the rules of gvging...this could be perfectly acceptable..

Edited by yodamus, 19 February 2016 - 16:12.

#7 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 19:34

7 days inactive is not right..only 2 active members in my guild..and i get the same 100 hit pounding as the op, luckily all i have to do is some repairs..no biggie...not sure exactly on the rules of gvging...this could be perfectly acceptable..

A "Guild" is eligible to be hit in GvG if it has 4 or more members above level 50, active or inactive. Players that are active in such Guilds are targets, those that are inactive are not. You are getting hit because you  are active in an eligible Guild. The fact that the rest of its members are inactive doesn't matter.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 20 February 2016 - 00:28.

#8 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 20:17

A "Guild" is eligible to be hit in GvG if it has 4 or more members above level 50, active or inactive. Players that are active in such Guilds are targets, those that are inactive are not. You are getting hit because you and are active in an eligible Guild. The fact that the rest of its members are inactive doesn't matter.

Cheers.

wil72

finally, a great answer to my question...thxs for the clarifying that for me..i now understand completly

#9 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 22:38

A "Guild" is eligible to be hit in GvG if it has 4 or more members above level 50, active or inactive. Players that are active in such Guilds are targets, those that are inactive are not. You are getting hit because you  are active in an eligible Guild. The fact that the rest of its members are inactive doesn't matter.

Cheers.

wil72

very good explainatio bro, thank you

#10 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:21

Simple fix, when in hibernation:

Kick all players but most important 3. That way no GvG will be commencable since you  need at least 4 players for a GvG to start.

Once the guild is active again: simply get the rest of the players back IF they still wanna be a part of your guild at this point.

You wont be hit, your guildmates wont be hit, and you wont have to GvG... Well thats all the input I can give you on this.

#11 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:13

i found a way just let my account go inactive past the 7 day mark

#12 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:43

Isn't the stated objective to get players into the game, not out of the game?

The post above this one is a BIG out.  Another dead guild with sleeping members.

I commend those that absolutely, positively must have that rp at all costs. 

Perfect... lol

#13 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:15

I would not be surprised that if guilds were looked at more closely, more could be found with 10 or more active members instead of 2 or 3 and a small handful of mules.

It would be more of a benefit to the game than not doing/being bothered.

Edited by Pythia, 19 April 2016 - 08:16.

#14 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2016 - 17:09

i haven't been lost i love this too much to walk away im just waiting for a change something like gvg opt in or out i work way too much to deal with gvg 3 times a week 100 hits a time and be able to hunt so ill keep checking till there is a change

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2016 - 18:32

There is an opt out. I've done it.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 April 2016 - 18:40

the only options ive been offered are quit my guild or kick old members out and sell the gear they have in there bp or go inactive is there something im missing?

and the one option be a punching bag for gvg

Edited by onray24, 20 April 2016 - 18:42.

#17 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 18:44

How does this opt out work and where can I find it please, Mister Doom? 

I've been looking for a long time now and have found nothing.

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2016 - 18:57

I'm sorry Pythia, I figured it'd be obvious I was joking.

The only way to 'opt out' is to be in an ineligible guild.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 19:10

I wondered if you had a secret you were not sharing.

I said GvG was not optional unless you had access to an opt out option, and I'm still watching for it.

I stand by that.

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 20:02

I wondered if you had a secret you were not sharing.

I said GvG was not optional unless you had access to an opt out option, and I'm still watching for it.

I stand by that.

His statement IS an opt-out :) - start / join a VERY small guild. No more GvG ;)

That said, I must admit, I would like there to be a guild "opt-out" button, regardless of guild size, but I don't envisage it ever happening ...

(just as it would be nice to have a complete pvp opt-out too - we'd see just how popular pvp actually was then - but again, I don't ever envisage it happening ... )

Edited by Pardoux, 20 April 2016 - 20:08.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: