Photo

please extend pvp attack range

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
325 replies to this topic

Poll: should the pvp range be extended (130 member(s) have cast votes)

should the pvp range be extended

1. no (79 votes [60.77%])

Percentage of vote: 60.77%

2. yes (51 votes [39.23%])

Percentage of vote: 39.23%

Vote

#1 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 February 2015 - 21:56

i would like to see the pvp attack range widened, at the moment its only +/- 10 levels from 200 up.

i would like to see it go as:

level 25 -  200 +/- 5

level 200 -500 +/- 10

level 500 - 1000 +/- 25

level 1000 - 1500 +/- 50

level 1500 - 2000 +/- 100

level 2000 - 2500 +/- 150..

i feel those ranges would increase interest in pvp as it would open more targets for each player.. at the moment with the current range settings, i have 11 targets.. 1 is a guild m8, 1 is inactive, and 2 have pvp protection

cheers

leefy

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 22:06

https://forums.hunte...p-attack-range/

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:03

Always the same guilds with the same matter.

They just want to kill everyone since level 1.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Lellarell, 16 February 2015 - 01:04.

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:14

That is a 7 month old thread without a poll. Is it relevant or have players' attitude changed?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:23

If you look at the threads regarding pvp, more than 95% haven't been started by TED :)

og3DxyP.gif

#6 MyCurse

MyCurse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:24

This would put so much life into the game it's unreal   :D

Edited by MyCurse, 16 February 2015 - 01:24.

#7 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:02

At the risk of sounding flippant if you want more targets just get yourself deleveled.  After all it's  "just XP" as PvP'ers are fond of telling levelers.  You chose to go up to that level, not enough targets move down 400 levels.  You'll still have access to all the level 1600 buffs and you can PvP to your heart's delight at that level.

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:18

At the risk of sounding flippant if you want more targets just get yourself deleveled.  After all it's  "just XP" as PvP'ers are fond of telling levelers.  You chose to go up to that level, not enough targets move down 400 levels.  You'll still have access to all the level 1600 buffs and you can PvP to your heart's delight at that level.

Here is a prime example of not understanding the game's mechanics!

The case described isn't possible for a couple reasons.

Your Virtual Level is the basis from where you find targets at +/- 10 levels(over level 200). It is not from your Actual Level! When you lose levels you lose Actual Levels, unless level up points have not been assigned, then you also lose Virtual Levels. If you do want to delevel yourself, you can. You need to buy a Player Reset upgrade which unassigns level up points and skill points. The cost of a reset is 150 dots and an ever increasing thereafter so then it will depend how many times you have reset your character previously. After you have completed the upgrade you will receive a new Virtual Level equal to your Actual Level. Once you have reset your character after losing 100s of levels or however many you desire, you have lost the skill points you once had. Skill points are tied to your Virtual level after designating level up points. This was done so players are not able to abuse others of the similar attack range level with skills hundreds and hundreds of levels above your normal attack range.

So yes! After deleveling yourself 100s of levels, spending at least 150 dots(for the first time), and losing all the skills you previously had at a higher level you can have more targets to attack... Still a good idea?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:46

I guess you really don't understand the game mechanics, first a player reset is 175 FSP , if he has free one, then the player reset cost him nada, zilch, nil, nyet or any other language you want you use.  At level 1600 he has all the higher level skills he needs there are no skills above that. Are there some trade offs, yes he may not be able to use AM, TH, Merchant, Doubler or all those wonderful non-PvP skills but then there is always the buff market for those.  Do me a favor, stop trying to the the designated answerer to all questions PvP, it's tedious, repetitive and self-serving especially since about half the time you really don't know what you are talking about. Nobody asked him to go to level 2000, that was his  choice why should levelers be punished by instituting a broader attack range.  There is absolutely nothing in it for them, this is strictly a benefit for only one segment of the FS population to the detriment of another. You want them to assume more risk in the game, what risk are you will to assume to get it?

#10 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:35

[.....] There is absolutely nothing in it for them, this is strictly a benefit for only one segment of the FS population to the detriment of another. You want them to assume more risk in the game, what risk are you will to assume to get it?

There is a big advantage for levelers as well, actually. Most levelers like to farm prestige, and if they have more people to farm from, they can much easier avoid trying to farm that from a pvper who might not react the way they wish :)

Also, it's not autmatically a bigger risk anyway, since there's plenty of ways to secure the gold from pvpers (and most pvpers won't hit unless they gain something, like gold).

Some of us enjoy having a big target on our backs though, and enjoys dangling a bit of gold in front of people, to see if someone will attack. It's been years, several years actually, since I was hit for gold, and I've been holding 20+ mill gold for hours several times, without anyone even trying to sniff it. It gets very boring.

Back in 2010 and up until march 2011, there was always 6+ pages of bounties on the bounty board. There's rarely even 6 bounties on it anymore. It's time to revive it imho.

Edited by Mzzery, 16 February 2015 - 07:36.

og3DxyP.gif

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:49

There is a big advantage for levelers as well, actually. Most levelers like to farm prestige, and if they have more people to farm from, they can much easier avoid trying to farm that from a pvper who might not react the way they wish :)

You bring up a good point about Prestige. Prestige needs to be changed to be allotted according to stam used, like everything else in Fallen Sword. The more you use the more of anything you gain. Prestige needs to be allotted 10 stam used = 1 Prestige point. 100 stam = 10 Prestige. Keep the three day cooldown except on the BB as it is. This will slow down farming and trading of points. But giving more targets for players off the BB will accelerate the amount of possible Prestige they may gain.

[Signature removed]

#12 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:52

You bring up a good point about Prestige. Prestige needs to be changed to be allotted according to stam used, like everything else in Fallen Sword. The more you use the more of anything you gain. Prestige needs to be allotted 10 stam used = 1 Prestige point. 100 stam = 10 Prestige. Keep the three day cooldown except on the BB as it is. This will slow down farming and trading of points. But giving more targets for players off the BB will accelerate the amount of possible Prestige they may gain.

Sounds good to me :)

og3DxyP.gif

#13 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:25

I don't know whether to laugh uncontrollably or just shake my head until I get a migraine.  What a complete lack of understanding of the usage of Prestige Points to a leveler. First under Lou's proposal I'm going to expend a minimum of 4500 stam to get 450 prestige points which max's me out at 10% Prestige for 1 hour. Hunting with a Conserve 500 and an AM 500 I can get about 3.5 complete levels  or about 175,000,000 XP for that amount of stamina.  Why the heck would I waste that to get a 10% buff which gets me nowhere near that during the course of a hunt.  In PvP terms that's like 100 stamming a leveler and then giving him/her 3.5X the gold that you stole. That suggestion is a complete non-starter for levelers.

Edited by Rocknoor, 16 February 2015 - 09:37.

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 14:26

I'm not in ANY of those guilds... I agree with the OP.... ranges need to increase as levels do.  I like these ranges here, also.   If you don't PvP anyway, you really have no dog in this hunt.  Unless you tend to sit around with a fat wallet, then, well, you already have trouble... Best invest in a good offline set ;)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2015 - 15:02

If you don't PvP anyway, you really have no dog in this hunt.

Uh, they really do because the non PvPer's are the ones who will be firmly in the cross hairs here.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 15:10

I see your point, boss, but I meant ACTIVELY PvP.  And targets are getting scarce in this attack range.  I always have a full 25 in my find player list, BUT it's the same 25.... I find that limiting and I can't imagine how those toward EOC feel with nobody but guildies to hit.  We need those new tournament things that Hoof promised us, too.....

Edited by BadPenny, 16 February 2015 - 15:10.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 16:43

*This was an answer to the locked thread, so I'll post it here - you can see the relevent posts I referred to over there too.*

I voted no. I liked rocknoor's earlier post because I agreed with it as a reason not to expand PvP ranges.

I also liked Mr Doom's post.

I fear HCS would have to hire another full time staff member, possibly with a history in counselling and/or diplomatic service to moderate and manage a PvP thread. Locking when staff are not around to minimise descent into flamewars is a good idea. It would keep constructive debate to a maximum.

But having the thread is meaningless unless there is a strong, imminent will on HCS's part to act. And that is dependent on their workload. Which always seems to be high. The mobile interface is probably the big workhorse right now in FS land, and there is Eldevin and the app games taking up time too.

The tournament idea has been put forth by Hoof. I'm sure it will be interesting, I'm not sure it will magically solve PvP's issues to everyone's content. But even the tournament idea has had no love since its mention.

So - if HCS have a timetable, and the will/motivation, and the available work hours to overhaul PvP, then such a HCS closely moderated thread would have a place, and be worth contributing to. Not sure when those stars will align. 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 16:53

Belaric, you've been around as long as I amd Doomikins have.  you know all PvP topics spin into flame fests.  An official HCS thread would be no exception, sad to say.  Some have legitimate concerns, but there are always that handful that bicker for the sake of..... I wouldn't like to be the one to sift through posts and eliminate some of the drivel that appears..... however, even the hard-core flamers have a right to their opinions.   I only wish that instead of flaming each other, they would state something constructive, tell us what would make PvP more palatable to them (outside taking it from the game... that would be silly, imo)  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 February 2015 - 17:14

if you check my level then check the level ranges i suggested you will see that NOWHERE does mention level 1's..

ive suggested this as when the cows decided on the level attack ranges, it was a long time ago and im sure they didnt for see people hitting level 2000+ so the +/- 10 probs seemed sufficient..

#20 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2015 - 17:26

I am uncertain about this idea on extending the PVP range.  A great deal of people who are PVPed in the game sometimes take it waaay too far (100 stam/hour hitting til they feel they have done enough or til you quit the game).

If you don't think it's true (being hit til you quit), I got news for you it ain't good news then.

I do agree that if you are a PVPer (which I am currently not), it has to get boring.  So, something must be done.

Just like it was mentioned before, the points you get for a successful kill during PVP should be directly tied into how much stam you used.  This would make more people do PVPing.  Perhaps even an event that doubles the reward for 24 hrs (you'll see the BB load up like crazy!).  We got events for nearly everything else, let's see about those who PVP.

However, I believe at this moment, HCS has other pressing matters with applications and such with all their games (developing/releasing/ect.).  FS is not their only thing they got going so, it will depend on their workload.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: