#1 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:01

I got this idea reading the other Auction House Thread.  What if something happens and you cant get back online?

Can we have an option to have expired auctions go straight to our backpack if there is room, otherwise they stay in your mailbox?  This would be a nice catch all for people who have bought the BP, but have something come up and cant come online for a few days.

I personally cannot see any downside / abuse with this option, and it will save a bit of headache at least!

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:03

I got this idea reading the other Auction House Thread.  What if something happens and you cant get back online?

Can we have an option to have expired auctions go straight to our backpack if there is room, otherwise they stay in your mailbox?  This would be a nice catch all for people who have bought the BP, but have something come up and cant come online for a few days.

I personally cannot see any downside / abuse with this option, and it will save a bit of headache at least!

I thought that was suggested and implemented some time ago ?

I don't know if it actually was tho, 'cos I'm too careful with my mailbox LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:05

It wasn't. I've lost a few valuable items recently because I forgot to take them out of my mailbox.

#4 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 22:20

In the grand scheme of things, wouldn't dev resources be better spent on other areas of the game?

#5 yourghost

yourghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 23:20

So long as it was optional, i wouldn't complain. I sometimes use the AH and mailbox as placeholders so that I can scavenge, hunt LEs, get frags, etc.

#6 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:03

+1

#7 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:41

Excellent idea!

I also have lost items while traveling and not being able to log on to collect AH rejects.

#8 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2015 - 14:54

probably not going to be implemented.

#9 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 15:07

In the grand scheme of things, wouldn't dev resources be better spent on other areas of the game?

This is not an epic task, instead of putting it in the mailbox, check if there are inventory slots available, and put it there instead.

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 April 2015 - 15:13

Or you could just continue doing what's done now and put in a Support ticket. If the items show as lost from the mailbox, we replace em.

#11 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:37

Or you could just continue doing what's done now and put in a Support ticket. If the items show as lost from the mailbox, we replace em.

That would have been good to know for the stuff I lost over the april 16-18 weekend when I was out of town and offline and returned to find the stuff I had in auctions expired and went to mailbox and then expired from there. I was always under the impression that once it was lost, it's gone. Which honestly should be the way it is since after all, it's our fault it was there to begin with and it would seem HCS has better things to work on then following up with our own measly problems. But I'll submit a ticket and find out now that I know this.

#12 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 19:49

Basically what you're saying from this is that we don't have to worry about collecting items from the mailbox as they'll be replaced after submitting a ticket?

I lost some expensive items a few months ago and didn't submit a ticket for the same reason as Moonfrost

I was always under the impression that once it was lost, it's gone.

#13 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:19

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_ca

That would have been good to know for the stuff I lost over the april 16-18 weekend when I was out of town and offline and returned to find the stuff I had in auctions expired and went to mailbox and then expired from there.

Basically what you're saying from this is that we don't have to worry about collecting items from the mailbox as they'll be replaced after submitting a ticket? I lost some expensive items a few months ago and didn't submit a ticket

worms.jpg

jJkheg.jpg

:lol:

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:52

Basically what you're saying from this is that we don't have to worry about collecting items from the mailbox as they'll be replaced after submitting a ticket?

You do have to worry about it, yes. While we're happy to replace items that are lost occasionally, we will not replace items if you are constantly losing them. Once in a blue moon is fine but constantly? No. We'll replaced items if it's requested occasionally. It is a goodwill gesture. Not an excuse to disregard the mailbox timers.

#15 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:50

You do have to worry about it, yes. While we're happy to replace items that are lost occasionally, we will not replace items if you are constantly losing them. Once in a blue moon is fine but constantly? No. We'll replaced items if it's requested occasionally. It is a goodwill gesture. Not an excuse to disregard the mailbox timers.

Okay, at least that's good to know for now

Would it be too late to do anything about this?

I lost some expensive items a few months ago

#16 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:34

Would it be too late to do anything about this?

Far too late. Our list exists for 2 weeks or a certain number of items. Furthermore, destroyed items also show in the list so they can push lost items from the list too. So yeah, everyone still needs to watch their mailbox.

#17 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 13:42

As I said before, I wish I'd had known this in the past as it has happened before to me when I moved but as I see on these latest items that it was taken care of. Thanks Grim.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 April 2015 - 14:13

Not a problem Moonfrost. I thought this was fairly common knowledge. I've mentioned this all over the place. As long as we can see the item was lost in our Admin, we have no problem replacing items. Just don't take the mickey with it. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: