Photo

Backpack Backpack .. Yeah!

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you For or Against This Idea .. (282 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you For or Against This Idea ..

1. Voted Yay (265 votes [93.97%])

Percentage of vote: 93.97%

2. Voted Nay (17 votes [6.03%])

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#281 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 08 August 2013 - 21:42

I'd like it if our backpacks were like the guild stores, where we can equip items without the page refreshing.

Also it would be nice if our backpacks didn't go back to page 1 every time a potion is used. Currently, it goes like this: drink potion, click back to page with potions, drink potion, click back to page with potions... repeat until all potions for hunt are used.

#282 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 00:26

Also it would be nice if our backpacks didn't go back to page 1 every time a potion is used. Currently, it goes like this: drink potion, click back to page with potions, drink potion, click back to page with potions... repeat until all potions for hunt are used.

That's weird. Mine will just reload the page that the potion was on when I drank it...

#283 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 00:32

That's weird. Mine will just reload the page that the potion was on when I drank it...

do you use the FSHelper? if so, try without.. because i have to do the same thing cyrus does

#284 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 00:37

do you use the FSHelper? if so, try without.. because i have to do the same thing cyrus does

Okay, now I see what you're getting at.. yeah, I get the same thing now w/o the helper

#285 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:17

Until it gets fixed you could always jut keep your main folder empty, when about to drink a bunch of potions move them to the main folder, then when you're ready to drink them you can just start at the potion in slot one and drink them till they're all gone. Of course you'd have to have the room to keep your main folder empty. The fix cyrus mentioned makes sense though btw, not trying to say it doesn't. :)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#286 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:36

Until it gets fixed you could always jut keep your main folder empty, when about to drink a bunch of potions move them to the main folder, then when you're ready to drink them you can just start at the potion in slot one and drink them till they're all gone. Of course you'd have to have the room to keep your main folder empty. The fix cyrus mentioned makes sense though btw, not trying to say it doesn't. :)

I don't use folders. The main reason is I don't like how it makes my profile page huge in the backpack section, with that giant folder icon and then a check box under each, expanding the backpack slots out. Now, if they would have a button on the page to show/hide check boxes, I might use them. Or even better, if they made our backpacks function like the guild store, we could have a right click > "move to folder" option instead of fat spaced out check boxes.

#287 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:45

I don't use folders. The main reason is I don't like how it makes my profile page huge in the backpack section, with that giant folder icon and then a check box under each, expanding the backpack slots out. Now, if they would have a button on the page to show/hide check boxes, I might use them. Or even better, if they made our backpacks function like the guild store, we could have a right click > "move to folder" option instead of fat spaced out check boxes.

Well then...  I don't know Cyrus, you're just boned until a change comes then, aren't you? :P

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#288 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:58

Well then...  I don't know Cyrus, you're just boned until a change comes then, aren't you? :P

Pretty much yeah... and not in a fun way!  <_<

#289 BFJ

BFJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:50

I would like to see my back pack just as the guild store , showing 30 items and filters with the added feature of the "quick wear/drink" button  :mellow:

I would also like to add a little,,,,,, Thank you for all the hard work you cows put in to keeping us entertained,

Keep up the great work , and don't let anyone give you heck about your ponytail son ! lol

#290 sleepysock

sleepysock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:39

Backpack sorting would be wonderful. With 200+ items, the 4 folders I have only do so much for organizing.  <_<

#291 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 August 2013 - 21:14

BUMP!

#292 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 September 2013 - 23:31

We'll take a look at this, however we're first going to be implementing the new 1600+ skills and also the Composing feature :)

Bump, as we have rounded that corner .. and i have found out that this is not even on the radar for developement from BG .. it would be great if we could get a response to this topic from Owners/Admin or any of the Team really,

Largest vote turnout with the largest positive support ever in a topic .. this should not be ignored! 

#293 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 September 2013 - 16:31

Hey.

I'm aware of this thread and have brought it to Hoofmaster's attention. I have no idea if this will be implemented, let alone when though I do recognise just how popular this idea has been.

#294 thisple

thisple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2013 - 18:55

bump!

#295 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:49

We'll take a look at this, however we're first going to be implementing the new 1600+ skills and also the Composing feature :)

Hoof, I'm really not trying to throw a wrench into the works. Just holding you to your word..Have good long hard look tho ..lol

We are just saying this needs to be on the Roadmap and high on the list.

Hey.

I'm aware of this thread and have brought it to Hoofmaster's attention. I have no idea if this will be implemented, let alone when though I do recognise just how popular this idea has been.

I also brought this to Hoof's attention after 'cornering' him in 'Chat' (awesome addition to the game) ..and HooF said he would give it a look after the weekend .. We anxiously await hearing if this hits the Roadmap or gets shot down ..

#296 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2013 - 00:30

Yep, an Ajax-ified backpack would be nice to have. Not necessarily a pop up window like the guild store, but a have it switch pages of backpack without doing a page refresh.

Yeah - it may be better on it's own 'page' rather than as a popup :)

#297 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 13:55

The guild store interface is good BECAUSE it's a pop-up (imo).

The value to this suggestion is finding one particular 'thing' among the hundreds you have, without paging through gobs of folders and pages.  It must have itemization by type and level (like the guild store), to be significantly more useful than what we have now.

#298 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:40

there a couple of things I would change.

1: Personally I don't like the guild store pop-up feature.  I honestly think the way UFSG is set-up would be ideal.  ie.  once you hit the backpack manage page you can find the item by name, set, stat type, rarity etc.  If not that then maybe the AH  which also gives you the ability to search by the type of item, rarity, craft, hell forge etc.

2: When it comes to the backpack manage page... maybe it would be better to just indicate something is guild locked instead of excluding it. 

3:  From the character page:  I would like to be able to pick the amount shown per page.

4: From the character page:  As has been mentioned I believe here and on the next roadmap- the ability to custom order your backpack.  For example. I would like to keep my offline gear at the front of my "storage" folder at all times. 

#299 cordio

cordio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 22:22

Having to go from the first page to find and drink potions is very time consuming.  The fact that putting on a piece of gear leaves you at the same screen, but drinking a potion takes you back to the first page seems to be a waste of time when most likely the potions to be drank are going to be on the same page as the one that has just been drunk from. .

#300 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2013 - 15:16

WIP screenshot of the improved backpack!

improved_backpack_1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: