• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#21 Teeg

Teeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:07

most of the new gear don't help the new players any and frankly, the current crystal does not add variety due to % gain and again benefit the older players the most due to  scav.   it limits the each item to couple different crystals at most if that.     why I originally championed fixed stat approach.    I guess it is too late to fix that  now.

need way to make it more competitive for new av.    taking 2-3 years to become competitive is too long now.   wasn't so bad before the  updates  (usually 6 month after av was somewhat competitive before)  otherwise, we won't be having luck with keeping new players.  

Agreed, And just getting scav from level 1-5 takes 6 months to train on it's own. Not to mention getting the other hunting abilities.... further widening the gap between new av's and older ones that were able to save up backlog, making it easier for the older av's to get multiple vent drops. 

#22 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:44

Firstly:
I completely agree we should finish up the crystal road map before starting a new one, crystal removal and a tidy up of merging are long overdue.

But I get Zorg may want to just have ideas for when he does get them finished, which brings me onto...

Secondly:

We kind of had this conversation already here.

#23 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 24 September 2014 - 15:04

Firstly:
I completely agree we should finish up the crystal road map before starting a new one, crystal removal and a tidy up of merging are long overdue.

But I get Zorg may want to just have ideas for when he does get them finished, which brings me onto...

Secondly:

We kind of had this conversation already here.

That was like, almost 1 year ago.

#24 Orac

Orac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 16:24

Sort out the hospital for us lowbies. When I log in the 1st thing I have to do is heal - assuming the hospital is open of course. This means me waiting around for 71/2 minutes ! I've usually lost the will to live by then never mind carry on playing this game.

#25 Aldo

Aldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 00:49

I really liked Steven's Arena idea, though I agree with others as it would turn into another routine thing and is essentially a more glorified and well, interesting, version of the current hunting system (which could be a nice replacement to be honest...).

But I think some of the key ideas Steven had, fighting minions of a boss before the boss itself, limited heals..etc could be better applied to rollin's Legacy Raids idea. I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea and would definitely make the game a lot more fun, not to mention opening up WF/WL-type maps to Rogues except.. it's not really WF!

I do agree that we should first focus on consolidating existing features as mentioned many times before, but I think a Legacy Raid system would be a brilliant addition with a plethora of interesting, new possibilities. Whether it's new/exclusive items or minor details that help extend the lore (text logs or just graphical artefacts from which inferences can be derived about the state of the hive, outskirts..etc), and much more.

Raids ftw.

#26 GAGANB

GAGANB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:47

I have hopefully come up with a solution for the current crystal system. There is alot of talk about 'fine tuning' it, so here is my idea.

Instead of merging crystals with each other, the crystals could be merged with your character and a Crystal Levelling system could be implemented.

For this, I am introducing 'Crystal Experience' or XC for short.

Each Crystal section would have 5 Tiers. Small, Medium, Large, Giant, Perfect.

For the most part, at least what I can tell, this is mostly an interface update.

Hopefully this image I have made better explains my idea. Click image to enlarge.

crystalsystem_small.png

So instead of attaching a crystal to your weapon/gear, you would 'activate' the perks on the gear. The more experience you have in any 1 section, the more gear slots you will be able to activate.

I have also introduced a Crystal Crafting system, which cost half of the crystals experience value + some platinum. Then the item can be placed on the market to be sold.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by GAGANB, 27 September 2014 - 06:59.

#27 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:01

If there is any chance to the system, just don't include Platinum as a base requirement.

#28 GAGANB

GAGANB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:05

If there is any chance to the system, just don't include Platinum as a base requirement.

That is just an example of the cost to craft. I would imagine the values would double, if you were using credits to craft. Would that be acceptable?

#29 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 27 September 2014 - 17:55

Honestly, it would be weird to get Crystals, merge them into your character, then spit them back out.

If we were going to change how they worked, I'd prefer the one suggested by... I don't remember who, but make it similar to the Platinum System.

Essentially, it becomes a form of Currency.

Fragments = 1

Shards = 2

So you have a page that shows you 8 different amounts; namely the 8 different Crystal types.

From there, you're free to 'trade' those points for actual Crystals.

So it entirely skips the Inventory system until you actually make one yourself.

#30 lanman

lanman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 18:36

I guess it has to be  first decided whether we want to encourage new members  and, more importantly, keep them or ignore the newbies and concentrate on  the present players since no one update will do both. Once we decide on that we can discuss which improvements to go for.

#31 Aldo

Aldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 19:22

I guess it has to be  first decided whether we want to encourage new members  and, more importantly, keep them or ignore the newbies and concentrate on  the present players since no one update will do both. Once we decide on that we can discuss which improvements to go for.

I really feel that a well-done raids system could do both.

#32 rollin340

rollin340

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Singapore

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:09

If the raids are split by levels as I suggested, it definitely would.

Would be something like a "make-your-own-mission" kind of thing.

If you do not limit how often they can attempt it, it's kind of a goal for them; beat a certain Raid (maybe for an Achievement?)

#33 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 15:46

Yea, raids could be a compromise to everything. I think realistically you would need to overhaul gangs and advertise and do so much if we went down that route for the new players and catering fully to them.  Without advertising and a mass amount of new player sign ups. you could overhaul all the systems you want and it probs won't have an impact. Plus new players can enjoy raids also.

#34 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:50

Zorg, Thank you!

I do hope that this refocus was related, even if indirectly to this forum topic: http://forums.hunted...-legacys-future

#WETHEPEOPLE

/me chuckles

At any rate, there are a lot of great ideas above, and yes I do feel it is just a matter of collecting the graphics, ideas, and enthusiasm and passion the players already have and just implementing it. You don't need to get super technical and potentially break the game, just do what is already close at hand.

However, I will go on a limb here and put out my suggestion, which yes I know is a DtD topic (proof that it is desirable?!), but I say make a 5th gang. I sincerely believe this will bring a lot of revitalized attention to the game, and give veteran members something to ponder. Shake things up politically and breathe new life into the game.

For a bit there I had a forum topic going in the games general forum, and some great ideas were shared. All those weapon and armor ideas waiting in the wings, wouldn't this be a fun fit? I personally don't care of the wasteland maps are too small to facilitate 5 gangs, won't that just make it more of a reason to visit wasteland and stake your gang's ground? I could see this being a wonderful way to make the tides turn more frequently, as having a low even number of gangs makes things... predictable and boring. Even numbers never give much variety statistically. As far as making the reputation work, no worries. Simple solution.

(see attachment)

Just want to close once again by saying thank you Zorg for focusing your time and energy on Legacy once more. I have recruited several people to this game since I started play less then a year ago, and even though I have a slight fickle thorn in my side, this does bring a bit of optimism to my mind. I might even start voting for Legacy once again should this roadmap be constructed (no matter what is on it).

Attached Thumbnails

• 5thGangRelationships.png

Less esthetics, more fixes!

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#35 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:27

I say make a 5th gang. I sincerely believe this will bring a lot of revitalized attention to the game, and give veteran members something to ponder. Shake things up politically and breathe new life into the game.

No way in sugar coated hell, should we have a 5th gang :P . Two of the gangs as is, are so far behind the two others that I doubt the gap will ever be recovered and activity all around the board in gangs are down. If anything, we need a reduction to 3 gangs, empty out all the inactives like zorg said he would do and start fresh. We should make all the gangs with completely new styles and names. There is just not enough activity to go around anymore.

Edited by HappyDays, 29 September 2014 - 09:28.

#36 UnicornBob

UnicornBob

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2014 - 19:29

With this kind of thing I've always thought it's a good idea to put a vote up on the main page.
Ask everyone what area of the game they want updated most, items/equips - gangs - clans - warfare etc...

With open discussion like this I find it's the same handful of people contributing but the majority don't speak up for whatever reasons.

But once we know what area the majority want updated it's going to be a more focused discussion ^-^

Edit in:

5th gang has been suggested so many times, it's just a complete overhaul for no real benefits, like HD said the 4 we have are hardly active enough alone. If gangs were to change I quite like his 3 gang idea (but still wouldn't like it)

Edited by Robert, 30 September 2014 - 19:31.

#37 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:21

I feel like claiming there is not enough activity to support a 5th gang is like saying no need to hire staff to a club or bar before it opens... No one in the place, why hire staff? That is completely silly.

You make room for activity, and the activity comes. If a 5th gang was promoted by Legacy, I feel pretty damn confident that old players would return, or new players would move over to the 5th gang and start filling out the ranks. Options are good you know ;)

I think removing an entire gang would not only cause a huge upheavel, but would be more work then adding a 5th gang (especially if the conscepts are already waiting in the wings). However I am in favor of 3 gangs over 4 gangs, but again it is about odd numbers, not valume of active players. Players want options, and choosing between the same old 4 gangs (or really only two more powerful gangs if you want to give yourself a bit of clout from the start) truly isn't much veriety or choice.

In todays next gen games, customization and options truly is where it is at. 4 options (or two really) isn't much options at all. It also gives players that are burnt-out with the politics of the usual 4 gangs a chance to start fresh from scratch, or gang hoppers another option (/me cringes as I make that point). I have a very hard time believing there wouldn't be a lot of talk, and a lot of movement, and a lot of changes game-wide that would certianly shake current Legacy players up and keep new players sticking around to figure out what all the fuss is about.

5th gang has been suggested so many times, it's just a complete overhaul for no real benefits, like HD said the 4 we have are hardly active enough alone. If gangs were to change I quite like his 3 gang idea (but still wouldn't like it)

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#38 Nastasha

Nastasha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:24

Oh and I do agree with Robert's point about just picking a few compelling ideas, and let the players vote. Best use or resources and time and energy.

#WeThePeople!

www.bit.ly/WTP-Roadmap

#39 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:27

As a renewed player, I found the best way to level up is attacking warring gang's players above or around my level.. A raid system could be used with this tactic to help promote gang activity and give us extra bonuses to level quicker or get more warfare points..

Hunting needs to be a little bit cheap or a way to pay more for a better chance to get an item.. That way we could equip ourselves and make some credits in the process.

Training abilities could be a bit faster.. A week is kinda brutal and I just started.

#40 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:12

New thread going up shortly.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson