Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2022 - 16:58

Hi there everyone!

The latest update for the Fallen Sword app is now live! Here's the latest patch notes for this update:

Updated
  • Combat set selection added to arena join dialog.
  • Gold add button on the HUD now has an option to open the bank.
  • Improvements made to improve app/browser sync performance.
  • Missing currencies and values added to player profile.
  • PVP panels updated and restructured based on player feedback.
  • Settings panels updated to match the new visual style.

Fixed
  • Action bar transitional glitch fixed.
  • Dark realms are fixed and displayed again with a vision radius.
  • Notification issue on iOS fixed.
  • Player names can now be pressed in combat logs.
  • PVP hits default to 100 stamina.
  • Skill sync between app and browser fixed.

For those of you who have yet to try the app, you can get it for your Google or iOS devices from the below links:

Google Play: here
Apple iOS: here

As always, we really value feedback on the app and hope you’ll continue providing it here on our forums!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 17:56

Does FS need 100 stam PvP default?

I don't think so.

My 2 cents.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 18:00

I think so, it's the requirement to get smasher progress ;). Why not let everyone control their own defaults in settings.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 March 2022 - 18:01.

#4 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2022 - 16:56

Does FS need 100 stam PvP default?

I don't think so.

My 2 cents.

Hi michael65,

This change was due to a request in the forum post relating to the previous update and was met with no resistance so we believed it was a wanted change. If there is enough concern over this we can always revert to 50 stamina by default.

I think so, it's the requirement to get smasher progress ;). Why not let everyone control their own defaults in settings.

Hi EpicPiety,

We would prefer to avoid adding preferences where we can avoid doing so, this menu is already cluttered enough with the number of options there. That said, if there is enough demand for this to be added then we can considering adding this in a future update.

~Conix

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 March 2022 - 19:40

Hi michael65,

This change was due to a request in the forum post relating to the previous update and was met with no resistance so we believed it was a wanted change. If there is enough concern over this we can always revert to 50 stamina by default.

Hi EpicPiety,

We would prefer to avoid adding preferences where we can avoid doing so, this menu is already cluttered enough with the number of options there. That said, if there is enough demand for this to be added then we can considering adding this in a future update.

~Conix

Just a thought:
Default for "normal" PvP has always been 10 stam... It's a soft hit and is optimal for both GvG, Prestige hitting and the odd DQ, and even normal bounty hunting (also known as soft clears)

100 stams are only necessary for gold ganking, hard bounty hits and the ladder, which should always be optional...
As it stands, with 100 stam being default, GvG will become inefficient at best, and those that rarely PvP unless for the occasional DQ will be less likely to do so... Although this option is nice for those wanting the smasher medal, you can only obtain ticks toward that via the BB and the Ladder... IMHO, a 100 stam default is more likely to kill PvP than to enhance it.

Edited by BadPenny, 15 March 2022 - 19:42.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 March 2022 - 20:19

Just a thought:
Default for "normal" PvP has always been 10 stam... It's a soft hit and is optimal for both GvG, Prestige hitting and the odd DQ, and even normal bounty hunting (also known as soft clears)

100 stams are only necessary for gold ganking, hard bounty hits and the ladder, which should always be optional...
As it stands, with 100 stam being default, GvG will become inefficient at best, and those that rarely PvP unless for the occasional DQ will be less likely to do so... Although this option is nice for those wanting the smasher medal, you can only obtain ticks toward that via the BB and the Ladder... IMHO, a 100 stam default is more likely to kill PvP than to enhance it.

Well said.

#7 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 23:29

Also, why do all PvP attacks default to 50 stam? Ideally it would default to 100 for ladder hits, 10 for normal hits and 100 (or 10) for Bounty Hunting hits. It would be great to have a preference to set customized default stam for each attack type.

Hello, it was me who suggested that some type of PvP attacks default to 100 stam. As stated above by others, it doesn't make sense for GvG hits, normal attacks or Bounty Board (I disagree but I'm in the minority) to default to 100 stam. If this is an all or nothing type of change, please default all PvP attacks to 10 stam. Ideally there would be a preference section to set default values for each attack type.

And hey, I FINALLY have notifications for the app! :D

I would like to suggest a few more notifications that would greatly benefit myself and fellow PvP'ers.

• Notification when the PvP ladder resets (this would be similar to new Titans)
  • More descriptions when attacked (state if defeated by XX or victorious over XX)
  • Notification for a new person posted on  the Bounty Board

Edited by Tilley10, 15 March 2022 - 23:29.

#8 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2022 - 09:52

I would like to suggest a few more notifications that would greatly benefit myself and fellow PvP'ers.

• Notification when the PvP ladder resets (this would be similar to new Titans)
  • More descriptions when attacked (state if defeated by XX or victorious over XX)
  • Notification for a new person posted on  the Bounty Board

Disagree. BB has always been on the onus of users to check. Players constantly keeping tabs on the BB should be rewarded for that diligence. I agree with Ladder reset notifications however. Also players should have to check on being hit what the results are. Encourage activity having to check, not have all your logs spoonfed to you.

Besides, the BB has been stacked suddenly I notice since the change. You can get into it with a full page of postings. I doubt there is any "organic" activity on the BB we're used to seeing the past few years. So at a minimum people being smacked with a smash possibly on mobile may have given the BB a boost.

If the cows want to liven up BB/smashes for more lively PvP they can bring back Seasons for a month later this year instead. 

--------------------------

As to the change itself, if a user is going to click another person to hit for a DQ chances are they size up the gear before hitting anyhow. Nobody to blame for "accidentally" 100 stamming people than yourself.... or just use desktop/browser when pvping like most do....

If you're a veteran player like most of us on here are that is.... What of newbies doing a DQ? Cant see them using a max hit and suddenly a large chunk of their stam is gone being something they liked or wanted to do.

I think this could lead to possibly a few people quitting who may or may not have later seeing a two hour blob of stamina going up to no benefit to them. 

If the goal is to make a change that benefits user retention, this is counterproductive. If your goal is to encourage postings to the BB you already had one, and let one random poll kill it off.

Edited by Gutie, 17 March 2022 - 09:58.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#9 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 March 2022 - 23:34

If there is enough concern over this we can always revert to 50 stamina by default.

why not just remember the last amount used?

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 01:07

Hi michael65,

Nobody wants it at 50 Conix. You either 10 stam or 100 stam. I don't know of anyone that does PvP hits outside of that.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 01:45

In re: PvP stam:
I believe the confusion was because somebody wanted attacks to be differentiated between "Normal", "Ladder", and what have you.... with the corresponding stam usage for each type auto filled.... Not even the browser automatically fills in how much stam will be used.... it is ALL defaulted at 10, and if you want to go higher, you have to slide the slider or input the new value...  Although the Attack page for the browser has separate tabs for each PvP function, you still have to input 100 stam if that is what you intend... 
My 2 pennies? Set 10 stam for default...   There's no reason to overcomplicate things by catering to the "Smasher" crowd at the expense of all other PvP players, especially when they have to manually select their stam usage on the appropriate attack tab already...  
As for whichever ladder person it was that caused all this kerfuffle in the first place: Stop being so lazy!   

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 03:15

Sorry Gutie, I do feel a lot of your preferences here are pretty draconian and formed mostly off nostalgia to do with the bounty board.

Disagree. BB has always been on the onus of users to check. Players constantly keeping tabs on the BB should be rewarded for that diligence. I agree with Ladder reset notifications however. Also players should have to check on being hit what the results are. Encourage activity having to check, not have all your logs spoonfed to you.

This has not been true in a very very long time especially after the implementation of FSH Bounty Feature. People want to be notified when bounties are posted. I don't see how you can disagree with bounty notifications and agree with ladder notifications, apples to oranges really. Both highly incentivize first to hit. Lots of people don't live in-game they want the game to tell them when something has happened that they enjoy that they can participate in.

Besides, the BB has been stacked suddenly I notice since the change. You can get into it with a full page of postings. I doubt there is any "organic" activity on the BB we're used to seeing the past few years. So at a minimum people being smacked with a smash possibly on mobile may have given the BB a boost.

This is where you are  misinformed. There are three reasons there has been multiple pages of bounties.

1. Guild initiated activies for medals/bragging rights (MoM and some other guilds, they can take credit if they want). If you looked at those pages it was mostly all MoM, posted by the same people when the BB saw 5-10+ pages consistently. We sat on there because no one would hit us, no one could hit or lack of organization by the posters.

2. It is also a pretty accepted practice to my dismay for people to pay other people to post bounties. Some people even offer up to 3 FSP per posting!

3. There has been some SLIGHT and i mean SLIGHT organic growth on the bounty board from broadening the PvP range however mostly at level 4000+.

If the cows want to liven up BB/smashes for more lively PvP they can bring back Seasons for a month later this year instead. 

I agree with this bring seasons back! However how the bounty boards functioned in seasons needed some adjustments. This was a major pain point.

What of newbies doing a DQ? Cant see them using a max hit and suddenly a large chunk of their stam is gone being something they liked or wanted to do.

I think this could lead to possibly a few people quitting who may or may not have later seeing a two hour blob of stamina going up to no benefit to them. 

I can agree with this, but I want my regular PvP hits to be 100 stam. I imagine many people will want 10 stam and many people will want 100. This is why it needs to be a setting but default regular pvp to 10 stam. I don't care how unorganized the settings page is. Organize it and improve the UX/UI. However Ladder/Bounty should default to 100 as that is the requirement for medal progress and gaining the most rating (ladder only).

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2022 - 03:19.

#13 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 04:03

About the Titan notifications, is it only for me or it just show up like 30mins late?

Not of any use with all that delay tbh

#14 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 14:58

Hi Gutie. The Bounty Board is the only area where there are no notifications. There are notifications for titans, arena start, arena end, outbid in the auction house, winning an item in the auction house, selling buffs, relic is attacked, new combat group... shall I continue? There is a notification for nearly everything else except for when the PvP Ladder resets and new players posted to the Bounty Board. Why should those two areas be neglected?

I would really like to see notifications for when the PvP Ladder resets (similar to a new titan) & also when a new person is posted to the Bounty Board.

In re: PvP stam:
I believe the confusion was because somebody wanted attacks to be differentiated between "Normal", "Ladder", and what have you.... with the corresponding stam usage for each type auto filled.... Not even the browser automatically fills in how much stam will be used.... it is ALL defaulted at 10, and if you want to go higher, you have to slide the slider or input the new value...  Although the Attack page for the browser has separate tabs for each PvP function, you still have to input 100 stam if that is what you intend... 
My 2 pennies? Set 10 stam for default...   There's no reason to overcomplicate things by catering to the "Smasher" crowd at the expense of all other PvP players, especially when they have to manually select their stam usage on the appropriate attack tab already...  
As for whichever ladder person it was that caused all this kerfuffle in the first place: Stop being so lazy!   

Hi BadPenny. This was me who asked for those things - please see below. As you can hopefully see, I would like only one aspect of PvP to default to 100 stam: PvP Ladder. Why you ask? Because that is the stam that everyone uses. Nobody uses less than 100 stam on the ladder - it makes zero sense to do this. This is not laziness as you called me above, this is about efficiency and making things better for the player. Why should I always have to slide the slider over to 100 for ever hit that I do? It should default to 100 stam.

Also, please see below (again) that I stated very clearly that everything else should default to 10 stam. (Even though I would personally love Bounty Hits to default to 100 - I asked for them to stay/return to 10)

Hello, it was me who suggested that some type of PvP attacks default to 100 stam. As stated above by others, it doesn't make sense for GvG hits, normal attacks or Bounty Board (I disagree but I'm in the minority) to default to 100 stam. If this is an all or nothing type of change, please default all PvP attacks to 10 stam. Ideally there would be a preference section to set default values for each attack type.

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 20:55

Hi BadPenny. This was me who asked for those things - please see below. As you can hopefully see, I would like only one aspect of PvP to default to 100 stam: PvP Ladder. Why you ask? Because that is the stam that everyone uses. Nobody uses less than 100 stam on the ladder - it makes zero sense to do this. This is not laziness as you called me above, this is about efficiency and making things better for the player. Why should I always have to slide the slider over to 100 for ever hit that I do? It should default to 100 stam.

Also, please see below (again) that I stated very clearly that everything else should default to 10 stam. (Even though I would personally love Bounty Hits to default to 100 - I asked for them to stay/return to 10)

Tilley, I can understand your point.... and I don't disagree as far as the Ladder is concerned, but, let me ask you this:
In the browser, do you have to use the slider to change your hit to 100?  When I still did the ladder, this needed to be done manually, whether done from the Attack screen or the Player Profile.... has this changed?  

It is a good idea for each aspect of PvP to be split into different tabs, and even to have said tabs with their own defaults... But consistency is important, too... defaults on the app should be at the least comparable to the browser... 

Edited by BadPenny, 19 March 2022 - 20:55.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#16 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 00:25

Tilley, I can understand your point.... and I don't disagree as far as the Ladder is concerned, but, let me ask you this:
In the browser, do you have to use the slider to change your hit to 100?  When I still did the ladder, this needed to be done manually, whether done from the Attack screen or the Player Profile.... has this changed?  

It is a good idea for each aspect of PvP to be split into different tabs, and even to have said tabs with their own defaults... But consistency is important, too... defaults on the app should be at the least comparable to the browser... 

I do have to - which is silly. Why should this change not be implemented? It would be a huge quality of life change for all players on the PvP Ladder. It should automatically default to 100 stam for a PvP Ladder hit in browser or app. I am glad that you agree it should be the same on browser and app. So, PvP Ladder hits should default to 100 stam on both of them. I, more than most people, have had to slide this silly bar over on every single attack.

I am in favor of adding preferences or only defaulting PvP Ladder hits to 100 (other PvP aspects should default to 10).

Edited by Tilley10, 20 March 2022 - 00:25.

#17 nickkc420

nickkc420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 04:53

always 100 stam. 

#18 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 16:45

Just implement the change for 2 buttons everywhere "Attack with 10 stamina" and "Attack with 100 stamina", implement it on App and browser and that's it, good for everyone

#19 PointyHair

PointyHair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 20:11

About the Titan notifications, is it only for me or it just show up like 30mins late?

Not of any use with all that delay tbh

at least 30 mins late if they work at all

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 00:51

Most desired titans are dead by that point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users