• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:03

It's not showing the buffs I have on in the buff screen...

Does anyone know anything?

#2 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:22

http://forums.hunted...-fsh-developer/

that will solve your question 

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#3 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 00:52

It's not showing the buffs I have on in the buff screen...

Does anyone know anything?

Same problem here :(

I updated Firefox to 32.0 (but it might be a coincidence) and buffs already active are not highlighted anymore (that is a huge loss of time every time you try to buff someone).

Also in Rank Management page i lost "Get Rank Weightings", and next to Rank Names there are no more Players name in blue.

Again we are losing FSH features. Again every time it happens, its a big problem. Losing something that we had and we used, its not just a loss for us, its a loss for the game.

At this point it seems obvious that there are big problems in trying to implement FSH in the game (i assume mainly time problems, cause its probably too long to code), cause it never happens.

So, since writing FSH (or coding or whatever - i have no idea which is the correct term) probably requires much less time (in old days Tangtop used to do that alone, and updates were almost instant when there was a problem), the only possible solution seems that FSH will be updated and fixed by HCS.

While having HCS implementing FSH features is the best solution, HCS running FSH is, at this point, the only possible solution.

Note please: im not complaining, i understand there might be problems, just please consider that losing features we used for years, its like losing all of sudden, Arena, or Titans, or Auction House, or anything else. Its simply a game downgrade.

I do hope you would consider this, and if the problem of having FSH by HCS is that someone can cheat using script, just find a way to ban them once and for all. The fact they might cheat should not be the reason of not giving everyone else the chance to fully enjoy the game.

#4 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:58

Yes - its a firefox32 issue this time. I noticed yesterday that the creature logs had stopped working (though not all FSH features had broken). I've just installed firefox31 and run that and the mising FSH features are back.

(Unfortunately, while FF will let you install two versions, it will only let you run one of them at any time.)

#5 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:41

Yes, the issue came when I updated Firefox too. Some features are not working, as rank controls and fast take....

I downloaded Chrome and Tampermonkey. Then I discovered some features are not working there too (another features though)...

It's annoying. I'll try to install the old version of Firefox.

#6 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:09

I just installed Firefox 31.0 and it's all right again!  :lol:

FS Helper is working perfectly.

#7 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:37

Same problem here :(

I updated Firefox to 32.0 (but it might be a coincidence) and buffs already active are not highlighted anymore (that is a huge loss of time every time you try to buff someone).

Also in Rank Management page i lost "Get Rank Weightings", and next to Rank Names there are no more Players name in blue.

Again we are losing FSH features. Again every time it happens, its a big problem. Losing something that we had and we used, its not just a loss for us, its a loss for the game.

if it is a big problem to lose certain features disable FSH and play the game without it and you won't have the problems anymore ...

At this point it seems obvious that there are big problems in trying to implement FSH in the game (i assume mainly time problems, cause its probably too long to code), cause it never happens.

fsh is written in another code than the game so they couldn't just copy paste it and in case you haven't go check the development roadmap.

So, since writing FSH (or coding or whatever - i have no idea which is the correct term) probably requires much less time (in old days Tangtop used to do that alone, and updates were almost instant when there was a problem), the only possible solution seems that FSH will be updated and fixed by HCS.

While having HCS implementing FSH features is the best solution, HCS running FSH is, at this point, the only possible solution.

you do know that FSH is a user submitted script and they don't have to implement features from it or take it over...

Note please: im not complaining, i understand there might be problems, just please consider that losing features we used for years, its like losing all of sudden, Arena, or Titans, or Auction House, or anything else. Its simply a game downgrade.

the game was originally intended to be playable without the script and it still is ...

you might have to do a few more actions now to do certain things.

I do hope you would consider this, and if the problem of having FSH by HCS is that someone can cheat using script, just find a way to ban them once and for all. The fact they might cheat should not be the reason of not giving everyone else the chance to fully enjoy the game.

all user submitted scripts are first checked by hcs studios the main issue might be people trying to gain information about your account and abuse it wich is the main concern from them.

So there's 2 possibilities

1) play the game with fallensword helper and have all/some features not working everynow and then.

2) play the game without it and wait for the features that they are going to implement someday IF they are going to implement them

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#8 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 16:11

So there's 2 possibilities

1) play the game with fallensword helper and have all/some features not working everynow and then.

2) play the game without it and wait for the features that they are going to implement someday IF they are going to implement them

Unfortunately, Crippia, there is a third possiblity: don't play at all. I think it is this possibility that has Dowuones concerned, and those concerns aren't addressed by just saying: put up with it.

#9 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 19:34

Unfortunately, Crippia, there is a third possiblity: don't play at all. I think it is this possibility that has Dowuones concerned, and those concerns aren't addressed by just saying: put up with it.

it's not like you are forced to go play with fallensword helper either it's optional 

the option now fails to work every now and then can't blame anyone for that you know.

it's not like new players are going to install fallensword helper right away to the place where they can't play the game without it.

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#10 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 20:11

it's not like you are forced to go play with fallensword helper either it's optional 

No one here is saying something like that.

But if i drive a car with air conditioning, parking-assist, cruise control, navigation system and they all start to not work anymore, i can still reach my destination.

Let me say i was enjoyed driving much more when they worked.

#11 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 20:12

To be honest dowuones was not complaining in his post. The topic is not whether to have or not have fsh but fsh changed with firefox update. The posted listing of choices is not accurate. There is some options in the situation.  Firefox updates have been affecting fsh a lot. I stopped using firefox and went to chrome.  If using firefox and it updates and you notice fsh not working right go back to a previous version of firefox.  I know some updates are better than others.    Hcs stated in another thread they will be implementing fsh items into the game.  To add features  does take time to code.  Oh yeah  another option is open to remove fsh and put back on once you go to a previous version of firefox or updated version that is working with your fsh.  I do hope this help those with fsh  and firefox issues.

Odd the famous double post .  :rolleyes:  Thank you for starting this thread since things do change with updates to your browser. I was also thinking that if you have not clean cookies and cache  recently you might  want to this will also help with updates .  ;)

Edited by bigchaos, 05 September 2014 - 20:37.

#12 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 20:25

No one here is saying something like that.

But if i drive a car with air conditioning, parking-assist, cruise control, navigation system and they all start to not work anymore, i can still reach my destination.

Let me say i was enjoyed driving much more when they worked.

we're talking about a car without that and you have your buddy install it for you

your comparison is kinda wrong

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

#13 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 21:26

we're talking about a car without that and you have your buddy install it for you

your comparison is kinda wrong

The car producer put this link in my profile page in the resource tab:

http://www.fallenswo...hp?cmd=fshelper

but then, im too peaceful and calm for arguing, i just fail to see why you dont want people to enjoy the game as they used to and i dont see reason why every thread in forum should become an "opinion fight".

Im just trying to suggest a way to let players enjoy the game i love, without downgrading it.

The last update (that i appreciate, cause i can see the effort for doing it) is the perfect example why implementing FSH features in game is not working. Its a nice attempt, well designed, very nice to see, but the main functionality (that was having active buffs highlighted) is gone, we lost it.

It also probably took Zorg a very long time and a big work to do it, while when it was implemented in FSH it took just a couple of days after the request.

Here we are forgetting one important thing: its true that FSH was made by players, so HCS has all the right to decide to allow it or not, but all the features where requested by players to the FSH team, to enjoy the game more.

And the more you enjoy a game, the more time you spend on it, that is the most important thing.

#14 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2014 - 22:08

I was looking at my fsh and see the new stuff. I do say I really missed the highlighted buffs. I do not think this is fsh deal but perhaps an update. I hope BigGrim will come and clarify if hcs is updating the buffs section of game.  I thought it might be a firefox thing but it is a chrome thing too.  I guess I am going to wait for the official hcs communication on what happened to the highlighted buffs on player.  I see it has really changed.  I do not like the check all boxes below either in buffs for all attack, defense or special buffs.  I am suspecting this is not fsh issue but an update conversion from hcs.  I have had no updates in my chrome so I am rather perplexed.   :wacko:

I will say good topic thread Lellarell and I am respectfully looking forward to a response from hcs with a thank you when they do.  :)

My bad :( did not read this thread until now. http://forums.hunted...79-update-v250/

This should help answer some questions and issues.   :D

Edited by bigchaos, 05 September 2014 - 22:21.

#15 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 22:23

I stopped using any FSH features a while back. I'd like some of them back, but I'm playing without them. We had a thread on which we'd like to see recreated. Problem is the recreations look like they'll never be quite the same or as good as the original FSH features. So we'll still pine after the originals - not much room for win there for HCS, but what can you do?

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 September 2014 - 23:05

I use Chrome, and those of us that do so know that FSH hasn't worked in its entirety in Chrome for some time now.... I only use it for 1 thing these days anyway, so I don't miss it much... As for FSH being the key to player retention, it's not.... I played for some time before FSH was even invented.  It can be done, folks, IMO FSH is not essential to hunting, just a little perk.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 23:38

Broken FS Helper??
Fire Fox
Remove both Greasemonkey and Fire Fox
Search for older versions of Fire Fox look for version 31.0 and install it
Search for older versions of Greasemonkey version 1.15 and install it
Clear your cache (F5)
Restart Fire Fox and everything should run.

Chrome
Do not edit or update the script. Google has made it so that the latest version of Chrome will not allow you to install any scripts not included in the Google store and the FS Helper is not included. Even with Tampermonkey I could not get the FS Helper installed properly.

2320275.png

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:22

The "problem" with the cows implementing FSH features (esp. since Hoof passed over the reins) is not that they're getting done (albeit slightly differently) - it's the immense timescales in between each feature being added.

Is the buff-highlight perfect ? - no, it would be better showing actual level of buff etc - but it's better than nothing.

I'm not a proggy, but surely these features could be implemented in a more timely feature esp. as (from forum visibility at least) Zorg doesn't seem to be doing anything else ?

(note, I'm not saying he isn't doing anything, just that his forum presence and/or updates doesn't indicate anything to the contrary)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 Evil Parrot

Evil Parrot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:09

Broken FS Helper??
Fire Fox
Remove both Greasemonkey and Fire Fox
Search for older versions of Fire Fox look for version 31.0 and install it
Search for older versions of Greasemonkey version 1.15 and install it
Clear your cache (F5)
Restart Fire Fox and everything should run.

Chrome
Do not edit or update the script. Google has made it so that the latest version of Chrome will not allow you to install any scripts not included in the Google store and the FS Helper is not included. Even with Tampermonkey I could not get the FS Helper installed properly.

Actually you can implement the script manually you need to go to extensions check the box developer mode then drag the script onto the extensions page. Or you can just download Palemoon which is firefox based and install greasemonkey and the script

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.
Samuel Adams

#20 Trailman

Trailman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:04

I don't know anything about Palemoon but I did try both Greasemonkey and Tampermonkey for Chrome and FF, nether worked with current versions.  I did get FSH installed but as soon as I restarted Chrome it was disabled again. I spent the last 3 days trying different combinations and the above was the first one that really worked.

2320275.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: