12 replies to this topic

#1 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:07

The ability to fish as a community would be ideal and provide a great community activity.  As is, only 10 fish or less spawn per spot which makes it impossible to fish as a community due to spawn disappearing so quickly with only one person fishing let alone adding more people to the equation.  The spawn spots are so far apart and do not provide a community spirit or environment.

I'm not sure how this could be achieved but after fishing to level 20 alone I've become bored beyond belief.  Would it be possible to add an area with multiple docks that spawn all types of fish with multiple spots that have more than just 10 fish?  If lowering the experience is necessary it would be worth it just to have companionship while grinding out fishing levels.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#2 CurveS

CurveS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:18

love this! Fishing is such a frustrating skill right now with such far-apart spawn spots and so quick to depletion :(

#3 Dalski

Dalski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:45

Keep the spawns where they are (maybe with a little variation here and there), put one type of fish in each location so people that want to fish bass will usually congregate at a specific place...

Problem might be that people will catch too many fish too fast, but make it to where it's like the Eldevin Fountain.  Sometimes you don't catch anything... sometimes you catch a boot, or some mundane common loot might catch your line.  Maybe you'll catch a creature up to your level (to prevent botting).  Maybe something else.  Community fishing +1

#4 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:54

Keeping the spawns where they are is fine but does not add any community element to the game at all.  Having to run from one side of the map to the other continuously for 10 fish that are fished out before you get there by others is NOT fun at all.  If I am fishing I want to catch fish not an old boot or anything that is worthless to the skill I am working on.  I would like a specific area where all players can congregate and fish and have community spirit rather than fighting because someone fished out spot before anyone else could get one fish.  If you prefer to fish alone the random spots already existing are still there if you prefer that.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 15:55

Anything that makes fishing less tedious would be good! I think I got to level 2 fishing and gave up  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 Akadria

Akadria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Badge
  • Estonia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 16:24

...Maybe you'll catch a creature up to your level (to prevent botting).  

Eeeheehee. +1

siggy2_zps0bcfeb13.png

#7 Dalski

Dalski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 16:36

Keeping the spawns where they are is fine but does not add any community element to the game at all.  Having to run from one side of the map to the other continuously for 10 fish that are fished out before you get there by others is NOT fun at all.  If I am fishing I want to catch fish not an old boot or anything that is worthless to the skill I am working on.  

Don't you think that makes it a little too... easy?  How is there supposed to be any challenge to the skill/game if you can literally just infinitely click away and get a thousand fish in 15 minutes?  There needs to be something that makes it interesting, other than the community part.  

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2014 - 16:50

No it makes it community.  There are ways to decrease the amount of experience gained while fishing to level out the "easy" factor.  Instead of getting a random amount of experience for catching multiple fish (yes the experience gained isn't consistent to begin with), implementing a lower amount of experience and catching only one fish at a time would lower the 'easy factor' considerably.

I am getting random amounts of fishing experience from one cast to another and catching random amounts of fish each time I cast.  I would rather gain less experience and actually feel like I am playing the game with others rather than stand on a dock all alone or running up and down a beach by myself watching the experience click off on the chat screen.  I am ok if you like that method, I don't it feels like a dead grind and rather boring.  I am suggesting a look at improving the skill so others can be involved in the same area of the game.  Group instances are limited to 5 players good but still limited.  The Christmas event was a great example of community experience, all players no matter the level in the same area doing the same thing.  It was just an awesome reminder of what community experience can bring to a game.  I'm sorry you don't agree :)  This subject isn't about making the game 'easier'.  Simply community minded.

Edit to add the xp gained while fishing screenie.

Attached Thumbnails

• fishingxp_raven.jpg

Edited by Sage, 20 January 2014 - 17:25.

#9 Dalski

Dalski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 16:53

I do agree with you, just trying to put some suggestions out there.  It sounds like you're wanting it more like... Take runescape for example.  the little fishing things move around a bit but you're still in the same area.  People always just stand around and talk to each other in those areas while fishing.  Still not exactly fun, but better than being alone in the middle of nowhere.  I definitely see what you mean.  

#10 Lucid

Lucid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 17:10

i like the idea, i was actually discussing something along the lines of mini-game but something that required teamwork...trawler was my inspiration.

#11 kancaras

kancaras

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 17:54

controlable boats and boat fishing trips would be SICK! :ph34r:

#12 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2014 - 18:11

fishing guild,fishing trawler,and fish flingers? did I say too much O-o? 

I think it would be good for higher tier areas to have that type of idea,maybe a skilling headquarters for each skill branched out along the maps of the game? (not skilling guilds) Also have more nodes of the end tier nodes within that area that are capped at much higher amounts of resources per spawn/node with much less exp (as raven said) But I feel the tiers should be worked through normally on all skills to be 32+ but that's just me. maybe the skilling headquarters could be 32+? and have more plentiful spawns closer with more amounts at what would be a agreeable exp? 1/6 of the normal?

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#13 Jibbz

Jibbz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 18:59

Fishing is a rather easy skill for me. I just open up two tabs and watch a TV series while clicking away at the nodes, paying barely any attention at all. Even i'd admit though this is pretty ridiculous for a game.

I think that a multiplayer minigame is a great idea. The click and wait system is very tired and the idea of making fishing more competitive would make things more interesting. Also a reward for winning the minigame would be great, since fishing isn't the most profitable skill at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: