#21 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 December 2016 - 18:55

If you go outside to play Pokemon, please be careful and look both ways before you go after that one in the middle of the road. People have been hit and knocked for a loop because they didn't look.   Be sure to take a friend with you if you go into the trees in a park, you never know what might be lurking. 

Safety as well as fun. :)

Oh, and DO NOT Pokemon and drive. This includes motorized wheel chairs for our old folks :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 19:48

Oh, and DO NOT Pokemon and drive. This includes motorized wheel chairs for our old folks :P

I can vouch for this... I was pokemoning and driving and I accidentally threw away a bunch of lucky eggs to make more inventory space.. :(

#23 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2016 - 17:26

if people are old enough to drive, but afre still playing pokemon ( a childs game) they deserve what happens to them.....

#24 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2016 - 17:31

if people are old enough to drive, but afre still playing pokemon ( a childs game) they deserve what happens to them.....

Actually, people who grew up with poke'mon are adults now. They are no different to those who grew up with Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel and DC comic heroes, and so on and so forth.

#25 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2016 - 17:43

Actually, people who grew up with poke'mon are adults now. They are no different to those who grew up with Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel and DC comic heroes, and so on and so forth.

`what and these adults still play with their star wars,star trek and marvel stuff do they ??

saddo's

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 December 2016 - 17:46

Yeah, people do. They still play games, read comics, collect toys, all sorts of things. And more power to them!

#27 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 17:57

`what and these adults still play with their star wars,star trek and marvel stuff do they ??

saddo's

You need to watch "The Big Bang Theory" ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#28 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 23:09

every person who has said no to stam gain idea has played this game for years and obv above 1000+ levels, this game is one of the most new player hated games, how about we turn this around, all players below level 1000 gets gained stamina/hr, would devs take interest in something like this?

#29 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2016 - 00:16

every person who has said no to stam gain idea has played this game for years and obv above 1000+ levels, this game is one of the most new player hated games, how about we turn this around, all players below level 1000 gets gained stamina/hr, would devs take interest in something like this?

Whilst, in most ways, I'm not averse to that idea, there are other considerations ..

1. All those folk who are higher level and have faster stamina regenerations have either ...

a ) Worked for those themselves
    or

b ) been fortunate enough to join guilds where those epics are supplied for them to wear.

2. At what level do you introduce the increased stamina regen ? - and, more importantly, at what level do you REMOVE it again ?

3. How will low level players with a boosted stamina regen react to, all of a sudden, losing said regen and some arbitrarily decided Level / Time in Game ?

Edited by Pardoux, 10 December 2016 - 00:16.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#30 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:35

Whilst, in most ways, I'm not averse to that idea, there are other considerations ..

[...]

3. How will low level players with a boosted stamina regen react to, all of a sudden, losing said regen and some arbitrarily decided Level / Time in Game ?

I think Pardoux's 3rd point is the really problematical one. 

I remember my experience around 1100+: up to 1220 the XP/level:XP/creature ratio steadily increases, and in the 1100s it got to the point where I was close to getting terminally frustrated at the slowing rate of progress. Fortunately, the cows recognised this problem and suddenly increase Xp/creature at level 1220---and adjusted the algorithm to ensure it then kept track with the Xp/level.

So I agree with you Qloak that allowing faster progress at early levels would be great, but would re-inforce Pardoux's comment that this needs to be done in a way that doesn't disillusion people when the boost disappears. And it must eventually disappear, as faster progress at EOC is *not* desirable (I no longer even use lib and AL when I hunt!).

In the past I've suggested playing around with level-related 2XP events (e.g. up to level 100 you get double XP, but then it scales away so that by level 1100, say, you get just 1.01XP), or perhaps one could introduce level-related XP boost potions to the Global Event chests. The more I think about it, the more I like that last idea. Doing it as a choice within a chest means that high level players would not feel left out (they can make a different choice), while putting it as a reward within a GE would mean that players keep seeing the boost as a priviledge to get, and never as a right that has been lost.

Edited by rowbeth, 10 December 2016 - 09:37.

#31 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 23:07

I have to be a voice of dissension here. When I started, there were no epics, no epic quests, no other way than FSP upgrades to increase any gains. It took 6 months on average to hit 100.... Now, new players have epic quests to increase stam gain and max stam at jump street, can get to 100 the 3rd day, and at that point have access to epics to uncrease not only stam gain, but xp gain and max stam as well... Great strides have been made the past 10 years to increase stam gain. With proper stam management (conserve, lightfoot, buffs and gear to ensure a 1 hit), the lower levels already have a big curve compared to 10 years ago.

Sorry, I just don't see a big need for this. Better the perpetual lag problems be addressed, Present Darkness and the Storybook series be completed, which would benefit us all....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#32 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 23:34

You sure live in the past. "I made 2 dollars a day in the past" ... Wake up man, ignorant to see the struggle for new players.

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 00:08

There's no struggle, dude. This game isn't designed for you to get to eoc in a fortnight. There's gotta be a reason to come and play again. I've been around for almost 10 years now, seen this game evolve. Some changes were good for the game, some not. Making stam easier or quicker to obtain for a select few, or any of us, for that matter, is definitely BAD FOR THE GAME!!!!!!!!

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#34 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2016 - 00:24

You sure live in the past. "I made 2 dollars a day in the past" ... Wake up man, ignorant to see the struggle for new players.

Not really helping your case there, insulting long-term players ;)

She does have a point too - nowadays, with all the advances there have been made with epic quests and such, the game is FAR simpler to get a toe-hold into and, as she says, reaching Level 100 now is a case of days, rather than weeks / months.

So, whilst I see that there is a LONG road ahead of you, there are 2 ways of looking at that road ..

1. Will I ever get to the other end ?

2. Wow, look at the journey that will offer me ? - what will I see and experience along the way.

Play the game, enjoy it ....

#35 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:35

W/e enjoy ur game then, you brag you played for 10 years, where is the catch up mechanism for new players? You worked hard blah blah blah... who cares? You are less important then the new fresh players for a game to survive. You experienced it all. All I am saying is this game will most likely not live for 10 more years, and if it does, then great. To my point: I don't want to play for 10 years to catch up to you, I will most likely never experience what you are experiencing. You are to selfish to see the problem imo.

Top players have 150+ stam/hr

You can't catch up, there's no catch up mechanism in the game, that's the problem.
What you brag you did in 10 years, I want to do in half at least

#36 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:44

Leaving this post as it is now, I am sure you got the point. Open your eyes view the problem from all angels.

#37 vlkfenrir

vlkfenrir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:45

You can't catch up, there's no catch up mechanism in the game, that's the problem.

Well then its easily achievable already (if You reffer to half of 10 not half of a year)...

There is modified xp per lvl formula, increased xp for lvls 1 - 100, epic quests, ton of epic gear (and gear in general), ton of new buffs, regular double xp events, high lvl AL/Lib/Csv/etc pots, PvP prestige boost, composing pots...

It is already much easier, I would think there should be a difference between "catch up mechanism" and "win button" I might be wrong tho

#38 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:04

W/e enjoy ur game then, you brag you played for 10 years, where is the catch up mechanism for new players? You worked hard blah blah blah... who cares? You are less important then the new fresh players for a game to survive. You experienced it all. All I am saying is this game will most likely not live for 10 more years, and if it does, then great. To my point: I don't want to play for 10 years to catch up to you, I will most likely never experience what you are experiencing. You are to selfish to see the problem imo.

Really? Make your point absolutely but personal attacks on someone merely sharing his opinion is hardly necessary. Don't be so threatened by someone offering a different view from your own. That kind of attitude and others who share it in my opinion may be the reason the game wouldn't make it another 10 years.

All players are as important as any other. Nobody has greater influence here. Without the long standing players there would be no game. They are often the donators and the ones who critique and discuss game updates and issues. Without this input not much would have progressed all this time. Though it is very true the game needs new life and to retain it's new members. The chasm between a new player's humble beginnings and EOC is simply huge and whilst that gap is definitely within anyone's reach that is only if they commit to doing so. You can level an awful lot faster than content is coming. But the solution to this problem is not to give a portion of players a simply enormous bonus. It upsets the balance of the whole game.

Though something needs to be done I agree. We are probably loosing more than a few players who join, see the level gap they have to breach and think better of it. But my little brain can't fathom what this solution might be. The only thought I have is changing the XP rate at which the creatures at lower levels give out. Make it that bit easier to level for a while. Nothing overly drastic just a reasonable increase. Make the effect gradually decrease as players climb. Seems simple enough.

Leaving this post as it is now, I am sure you got the point. Open your eyes view the problem from all angels.

Now there I do agree completely. Viewing this from an angelic perspective will most certainly help. :P

#39 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:49

I have everything maxed, I wear full epics, I did the epic quests. My stam gain is 114 per hour. Look at me, you can see this for yourself. Some of my epics I bought, some I earned, some were gifts from friends. And I wear guild armor, as I can't quite afford my own yet. Granted, I haven't put thousands of dollars into this game, but many have. That's how they have what they do.

Now, this is just my opinion, please don't take it personally, but it appears you want an easy button. There's not one, nor should there be. This ain't my little pony or hello kitty happy adventures. And compared to some of the others that I play, new players have a better chance of making progress on FS. Most games I play, if I'm lucky, I grind out a level a week or 10 days. Here, I wait about 5 days for stam to build (longer if I sell a lot of buffs), and get 8-10 levels, with my max stam (which took years to build btw). FS is kinda a hurry up and wait game at times, but the community is top notch, there's lots of things to do, and you can actually speak to staff... Most games, well, I try not to compare them, as none quite measure up.

Sure, stam takes a day or more to build. But there is no end game here, no level cap.... You can progress at your own pace, and if you want a little extra stam for a big push, you can buy it in the upgrades section. Just about every other game I play, you gotta spend RL money to do this sort of thing, but after a point, FS is self-supporting, and f2p players have the same opportunities as those that have cash to throw at the game, albeit at a slower pace.

Yes, I would love for new players to find this game as enjoyable as I do. I don't have any big ideas, just a great love for the game. I do know that faster stam gain isn't the answer, because you need to be able to take a breather and do more with your life than play a game, do you not?

People have families, jobs, school, hobbies. So, while your stam builds, watch a movie, walk your dog, go out to a movie, do your homework... Or,as Hoof told us in the olden days, go outside and play......

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#40 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 11 December 2016 - 14:12

*snip*

Now there I do agree completely. Viewing this from an angelic perspective will most certainly help. :P

ahhh that part of the last post made me laugh out very loud. You beat me to the reply on it, hat´s off to you (if it wasn't so bloody cold outside that is) ^_^

And for the Qloak fella; With that attitude, you will not make EOC not matter what is thrown at you.

So many ppl explaining the whys and dos on how to move up in lvls, faster than the rest of us did, and yet you complain and argue for a "instant EOC" button. Come on! Seriously? This game is about making progress via game play. Some have made it the hard way (us oldies) and some the not-so-very-hard way. The common being "we made it" - none of us got it handed to us.

It's fun achieving something yourself (with help from your guild and friends of course). You should try it.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: