28 replies to this topic

#1 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:54

Now, I don't know if this has been brought up in the past, but I think it'll be greatly beneficial for the game if some new professions were added. Whether they're added in the coming months or years, it would be nice to have a new gathering profession that coincides with a new crafting profession.

Now, I know it's hard to think of a completely original profession, but it'd be innovative to think of ways that the profession works and levels.

I'm stumped for ideas; if you've got any, i'd love to hear them.

Characters:

Crusader - Assassin [Level 45] | Dusk - Mage [Level 1] | Hex - Ranger [Level 6]

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#2 DanteOn

DanteOn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:01

Dragon trainer !?

#3 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:44

Dragon trainer !?

You'd probably have to expand more on that. 

Characters:

Gathering Professions: 

Crystal Cutting: 13 | Farming: 10 | Fishing: 10 | Foraging: 41 | Forestry: 19 | Prospecting: 40 | Skinning: 11

Crafting Professions:

Alchemy: 45 | Armoursmithing: 9 | Cooking: 11 | Jewelry: 6 | Leatherworking: 6 | Tailoring: 5 | Weaponsmithing: 2

#4 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:38

Tinkerer: Create small mechanical devices to aid players in some way; mechanical one-use combat pets for example.

As a complementary gathering skill - Salvaging: recovering useful components such as cogs and bolts from common drops or nodes in the world.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#5 DanteOn

DanteOn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:49

You'd probably have to expand more on that. 

Basically after you reach certain level (let say 40 for example) you can go catch dragon if you succeed you can train him and do missions from his back if possible. He would be used as safe distance from enemies and transportation. In future maybe as backpack carrier and eventually as weapon with dragon skills (fire, smoke or scream)..

Edited by DanteOn, 20 March 2014 - 12:51.

#6 Crusader

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 13:03

Sounds awesome! Maybe you could make a steam-punkish area that the profession nodes, etc could go in?

Tinkerer: Create small mechanical devices to aid players in some way; mechanical one-use combat pets for example.

As a complementary gathering skill - Salvaging: recovering useful components such as cogs and bolts from common drops or nodes in the world.

Edited by Crusader, 20 March 2014 - 13:04.

Characters:

Gathering Professions: 

Crafting Professions:

#7 punisher

punisher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 13:37

One skill that comes to mind is salvaging, allowing you to get gems/other mats from items, instead of npc selling or to players, gives the player the ability to sacrifice the item for something else.

Another that comes to mind while typing this, would be the ability to upgrade items to higher level, which boosts stats, instead of using something lower level, till you find something higher level to use, allowing this means you can temporarily have lower items that have boosted stats, until you can acquire a higher item that matches your level. 

True Legends don't die, they live on through our hearts and minds.

#8 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 14:24

Sounds awesome! Maybe you could make a steam-punkish area that the profession nodes, etc could go in?

+1 for the Steam Punk idea. +1 for the profession idea stated by L3fty. ^_^

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#9 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2014 - 17:12

+1 for the Steam Punk idea. +1 for the profession idea stated by L3fty. ^_^

This. Steampunk ftw.

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#10 slipknot84

slipknot84

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 18:00

pet mastery---each level gives pet a new ability---ie loot gathering/health bonus/dmg bonus  levelled by being in combat with master....that'll annoy everyone who accidently click pets ^^

tumblr_nahbpgs7Pm1rpnbr6o1_500.gif

#11 Zshmaendal

Zshmaendal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 20 March 2014 - 18:10

pet mastery---each level gives pet a new ability---ie loot gathering/health bonus/dmg bonus  levelled by being in combat with master....that'll annoy everyone who accidently click pets ^^

I'm a big fan of eventually adding in a pet battle system. :) 

Guild Founder of The Golden Horde

Zshmaendal - Level 45 Prophet | Superfluous - Level 35 Warrior | Ulysses - Level 13 Ranger

Louis - Level 8 Warrior | Ephemeral - Level 12 Assassin | Connotation - Level 8 Mage

Crystal Cutting - 9 | Fishing - 10 | Forestry - 10 | Skinning - 8 | Farming - 19 | Foraging - 28 | Prospecting - 16

Alchemy - 36 | Cooking - 11 | Leatherworking - 4 | Weaponsmithing - 5 | Armorsmithing - 7 | Jewelry - 6 | Tailoring - 16

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 18:32

skinchanger- control any wildlife animal u want and make it do anything you want!

1.as level increases can take control of higher levels animals.

2.animals like bear/jaugars can be used as mounts.

3.as level increase the time of a animal to say in control also increase.

4.as level increases the no. of animals that can be in control at a time increases.

5.interesting at end game level can take control of a dragon for an hour [makes a potential of adding new content , adding animals like dragons etc]

6. animals cannot carry any stuff [keeps the need for buying sacks and BP] anyways , where would a wild animal carry anything anyway, unless its kangaroo[can be addded]? ;)

7.end game animals[if dragons] can stay with you in any area you go,animals below that only restricted to that area [i.e. u loose control once you exit the area]

8. how to level up in it. u will need crafted stuff like potion[soother],food [to make it dizzy/sleepy?] necklaces,charms,rings,amulets,boots[for sneaking ability?]

this makes crafting worthwhile

just a basic idea on how to level.

start with squirrels

1.use food as bait[thrown on ground needs minimum wait time for animal to come{2 seconds}], sent/spray on yourself to hide your musk smelly human.

2.wait for it to get dizzy[something on the screen or chat says that "it's quite relaxed now"]

3.u pick it up to do w.e with it, pet it or anything[animation about 3 seconds]

4. animation shall include u freeing it from your hold[we dont want to left click>free] again and again.

5.repeat.

total : 5 seconds including everything.

what all content might be added and in what profession.

cooking:food->dizzy

foraging:weed might get useful now to make them dizzy haha :P but no ssly new herbs to be used as ingrident while cooking to make them dizzy food.

alchemy:musk->sent/spray

tailoring: sneaky boots

jewelry: charms,necklace amulets, etc

Content added otherwise in-game

Dragons[yeah really need/want those]

grasslands

desserts

variety of animals[wildlife]

(Gives the opportunity to the artist to get imaginative)

ride on a dragon as a mount. no shit that will be cool and well worth it!

how to make it more exciting

you cant always be successful right , so u shall pay the price of being unsuccessful!

idk something anything , animal bites you and run away anything you know u get poisoned,stunned anything according to the type of animal u trying to take control of! 

i bet u'd like to run around if u by mistake angry the dragon ;)

[fun]

In my humble opinion mounts/pets/adds should not be added/allowed in any type of pvp match.not even pots those all are basically assist to a player [ just like in f1 racing u cannot add to much facilities in the car ,that the driver has nothing left to do.]

Edited by xpw4ste, 20 March 2014 - 19:14.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#13 Sethue

Sethue

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 20:48

I think dragon training/shapeshifting seems too outlandish. So far professions only indirectly affect combat.

So my ideas:

Pickpocketing: can steal stuff from humanoid npcs, has an effect on reputation

Enchanting: Can enchant jewelry to give it unique stats

I'd like to see some sort of religious profession/ability system (Maybe this exists already?)

I'd definitely like to see a lot more added to the current professions, more stuff to craft, and increased usefulness especially at higher levels. 

Some of the current gathering professions could also be made more interesting, i.e. some skill into fishing (Have to click at the right moment to pull up the fish, the "acceptable time" to click could be expanded as fishing level increases). I'm sure that idea could be expanded to other professions.

And on a sidenote: Why is everything caught in groups of twos? I'm not going to catch two fish at a time in real life. 

I'd love to hear some feedback, just in general, about whether new professions/profession overhauls are likely to be implemented anytime soon. 

#14 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2014 - 21:02

New professions probably not for a while, though these ideas are all interesting so keep them coming ;) We are looking to make professions more interesting and useful in the near future though. We can give you more details of this once we have the 45 content out the way :)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#15 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:20

Another idea: Stonecraft and Carpentry for crafting houses/furnishings, and Quarrying for gathering the stone materials which Stonecraft would require.

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#16 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:25

As long as carpentry uses forestry mats that will be good.

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#17 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:33

I think dragon training/shapeshifting seems too outlandish. So far professions only indirectly affect combat.

So my ideas:

Enchanting: Can enchant jewelry to give it unique stats

I'd like to see some sort of religious profession/ability system (Maybe this exists already?)

I'd definitely like to see a lot more added to the current professions, more stuff to craft, and increased usefulness especially at higher levels. 

Some of the current gathering professions could also be made more interesting, i.e. some skill into fishing (Have to click at the right moment to pull up the fish, the "acceptable time" to click could be expanded as fishing level increases). I'm sure that idea could be expanded to other professions.

And on a sidenote: Why is everything caught in groups of twos? I'm not going to catch two fish at a time in real life. 

I'd love to hear some feedback, just in general, about whether new professions/profession overhauls are likely to be implemented anytime soon. 

i Find that RS mentality sorry to say :)

previously:

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#18 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:50

So my ideas:

Yes , I would like to see pickpocketing added to this game but to elaborate it more ,I don't want it to ruin reputation since I believe some quests requires it and when you pickpocket you have a chance to get Money,Items like rare mats,Gems and misc which you can turn the misc into useful resources through that tinkerer profession.And when you fail to pickpocket you get a debuff in which you can't pickpocket for a few seconds like a cool down.The rarity of the items you pickpocket depends on your level.I would also like to see a leveling procces like at level 1 pickpocketing eldevin citizens then at 10-20 maybe eldevin gaurds so on and so forth.

Side note: You should make a poll on the different professions we posted and how many people would like to see it.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#19 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 16:15

I think #3 is the most unique and would be a so cool. Panning, for those who don't know, is where you use a pan like device with a strainer on the bottom and go out to a river or area of water where deposits are flushed to. Then you use your pan to try and capture the valuable deposits. Just like they did during the California Gold Rush of the mid 19th century.

1) Dye Caster (craft) - ability to make dyes for clothing and armor. The higher the level, more vibrant the color. Highest level = Black Dye.

(Made from roots you get from foraging, which could help with an already distasteful profession.)

2) Furnisher (craft) - ability to make items to decorate housing, when they put this into the game

Utilizes all gathering professions:

Fishing (wall mounted rare fish)

Forestry  (no need to explain the need for wood)

Crystal Cutting (jewelry boxes and enhanced home decor)

Skinning (Bear Rugs, stuffed animals - taxidermy)

Gathering and Farming - (make colored paints)

Mining  (bars to make yard Statues)

3) Panning (gathering) - Pan for mats for one or more of the above crafts ( hardened colored clay type nuggets you get might go into making dyes or paints ). While panning, you might stumble over copper, silver, or gold of different sizes and values, depending on your Panning level for the type and rarity for the size). And you never know what different or rare things might come out of the water while panning ;)

Edited by zargon, 21 March 2014 - 22:10.

#20 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:28

zargon pannin +1

previously: