5 replies to this topic

#1 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 23:45

Hello all,

I am wondering what the frequency is for chests to appear at? As the game expands I wonder if the developers are upping that frequency. Also I noticed they disappear if no one has found them. I think chests are something so incredibly rare in this game that you are more likely to see Bigfoot haha! Thoughts on this? Maybe add an increased spawning event for chests? 

Thanks all,

Croscahd

#2 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 November 2021 - 00:38

I think shard chests are still out there to find. I don't know if its an event or not, but they are quick to find if you run around a few realms.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#3 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 02:42

The shard chests are de-spawned at the moment. They usually appear once or twice a year. I'd quite like a buff that gave a small chance of a shard chest spawning on entering a map per hour, per player, per realm, visited over a certain map size. Anyhoo, that's probably exploitable and wishful thinking.

As for the normal ones that take loyalty points or gold to open, explore smaller realms more than larger ones.

#4 Croscahd

Croscahd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 17:49

The shard chests are de-spawned at the moment. They usually appear once or twice a year. I'd quite like a buff that gave a small chance of a shard chest spawning on entering a map per hour, per player, per realm, visited over a certain map size. Anyhoo, that's probably exploitable and wishful thinking.

As for the normal ones that take loyalty points or gold to open, explore smaller realms more than larger ones.

Yes, but there is no way of knowing where to even start! They should at least give us like a level range like, "Steel Chest spawned somewhere in realms leveled 100 to 500" sure its a wide range, but it gives us a little clue. 

#5 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2022 - 14:09

A non composing buff that could alert you to a chest being nearby say within a certain distance similar to how you can see in dark realms with vision, (within 1-3 spaces from you you can see the chest) would be a neat tweak. Maybe in maps that have fewer than a set amount of squares (that are "too cramped to see around well") it won't work to keep people from cheesing and abusing it in small quest realms.

I personally think a gold sink having it in AH specials/Potion Bazaar would be a very good idea. We've seen an overhaul of really powerful Loyalty token potions, I think a boost to Specials/Bazaar could work both as a nice gold sink and to add cool effects like that. I still like the aspect of giving reward to finding them while playing the game.

Having them "in sight" I think is more fair to those who have put the time in hunting them (aside those who flat out buy the locations, lol) than cueing the whole game into a scramble for them (though imo it does sound fun).

An alternative idea could be to take a concept out of what some do with treasure map mechanics and make a map be "found" randomly. An initial gold sink taking them to a cartographer NPC sends you hunting them down on a multi step hunt. The more steps the higher the tier. Rewards could be bound or unbound gear/items on top of the current chests that exist. Maybe make the unverified maps unbound similar to retaining the system of those who buy/sell chest locations now. 

Possibly even make it part of a low level quest showing how to do it but at the end of the quest where maybe with that buff active you can see the on map "chest." but otherwise cannot without being right on top of it... (only to find it already looted with an item left behind, and could be made into an entire quest line chasing down the chest looter?)

Edited by Gutie, 05 February 2022 - 14:11.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 February 2022 - 03:23

Personally, I believe chests should stay exactly as they are - invisible until you land on the relevant square. No buffs to assist in finding them, either a level range or within a certain grid movement location.

Folk who want to find chests either pay for locations or, like myself, trawl maps (when I can be bothered) or find them when I'm hunting / farming.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: