#41 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2021 - 20:50

Toreth has convinced me we should remove AS as a buff entirely. I think everyone is 1 hitting at this point, especially when you factor in Smashing Hammers, Death Dealer, etc. The last thing FS needs are people leveling at a faster rate than already possible. Sounds like we would need AS at 10000 or more to be effective which isn't going to happen.

AS should be removed as a potion option and possibly as a buff in general since it literally is useless to almost everyone as 1 hitting will yield more net xp. 

Edited by Windbattle, 15 October 2021 - 20:47.

#42 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 21:10

In-game polls would also get you more information as well BG. Some people who play aren't going to bother coming to the forums. 

Voting without reasoning is not good.

#43 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2021 - 21:15

Voting without reasoning is not good.

There is already a range of what BG is thinking the changes will be. Our feedback is just 1 aspect to this decision. Plus there has already been a lot of discussion via forum. They could take that in-game when we have narrowed things down a bit. I don't see how it harms things at all.

I would argue the game was most lively around the time of in-game polls. 

Edited by Windbattle, 14 October 2021 - 21:17.

#44 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 21:20

I think like 20-30 people were like BM is bad at high level don't add. So based on that, it was removed. I'd like to see BM 300 or 400 myself though. 

Obviously you don't care about Arena shop  or Arena at all , i think you prefer it dead because you don't play it .

If we have better buffs of everything in Loyalty shop then what is the point to play other aspects...

#45 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 21:26

There is already a range of what BG is thinking the changes will be. Our feedback is just 1 aspect to this decision. Plus there has already been a lot of discussion via forum. They could take that in-game when we have narrowed things down a bit. I don't see how it harms things at all.

I would argue the game was most lively around the time of in-game polls. 

Well yes that's why he removed some buffs , i think he knew it was not good for the game and over 20 player supported his thought to remove it .

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 22:10

In-game polls would also get you more information as well BG. Some people who play aren't going to bother coming to the forums. 

On a poll you can't explain your reasoning, on the forums you can. Much more worth from less feedback, yet constructive.

#47 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 22:28

On a poll you can't explain your reasoning, on the forums you can. Much more worth from less feedback, yet constructive.

Yes, you can by providing an explanation on the survey in a given field.  Plus, more people will fill out a survey than write out a post on the forum.  I made a quick sample survey of what it could look like and I'm happy to do the whole thing if that's how it gets done.  A survey also provides an unbiased look into opinions where vocal vs. non-vocal does not matter.  I think many more people would appriciate the anonymity.

Edit: I was able to attach

Sample Poll.jpeg

Edited by iceman66, 14 October 2021 - 23:34.

#48 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 October 2021 - 22:29

Not all forum commentary is constructive, and the forum takes away the safety of anonymity for those that feel they would be met with a verbal attack from those that may disagree with their point of view...  I, myself, have become reluctant to post on many topics after being belittled or ridiculed for stating my honest opinion, including on topics that I posted myself...  A poll gives those players that avoid posting on the forum a chance to give their opinion without fear of reprisal...

Maybe a poll of the topic at hand in the actual thread could be a good idea?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#49 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 23:48

Getting derailed, as this is not anything to do with the topic at hand. I will say, polls are not for everything. Polls can yield extremely devastating results if utilized improperly (we have seen this before with PvP Seasons :) ). 

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2021 - 09:24

Let's stay on topic, yes? Loyalty Potions proposal, not polls.

~ Grim

#51 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:51

Helpful. :)

What did you think of the other proposal? The swapped out buffs?

EA200 comes from caves and KE200 is inventable potion, if you are okay with that it should be alright. Maybe leave wither in the pot at the level suggested (300) but replace Shatter armor with enchanted armor. I do think long duration will be the kicker with this potion since the levels are so low.

Can consider.

Thumbs up

I'll consider Find Item. Not entirely sold on Conserve needing the minor crank though.

Fair, i do think con 650 won't cause any problems especially at the level suggested.

This encroachs on the Easter Global, which is successful due to being a once a year event. Don't want to harm that.

The main draw to easter global would be the PvP potion and OK1000 as this is one of the main ways to achieve this.

The highest Arterial Strike is 300, the Life Blood Cave Potion, yes?  Why do we need the next one to be 5/6 times as powerful?

Going to defer to Toreth on this for the math as previously posted (Turns out we will need AS 10k). I will answer the why though, AS stands to offer a really unique secondary hunting method. Over the years plenty of people have complained about one hitting hunting being far too easy. At an appropriate level that toreth pointed out this will offer a way to challenge yourself. 

AS hunting will require much more thought, planning and playtime. You will need to make changes every realm to ensure you can properly 16/17 hit the monster for optimal experience gain. You will need to take into consideration monster enhancements (imagine that :o), and pretty much every stat.

Ideally the way to change AS would be to make it Multiplicative opposed to Additive however if there isn't the resources available a simple crank in level would suffice.

Will check off against existing buff/potion levels in the morning and have a think then. Seems okay though.

;)

Pride is Composing Only. That shall not be changing. Sorry.

Fair was just trying to think something up to replace.

~ Grim

Response in red

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 October 2021 - 12:57.

#52 nailbiter

nailbiter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 14:42

Is there any chance that these potions, when there finelized could change from bound to guild bound. would help some lower lvl players tremendesly.

#53 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 19:23

BigGrim, on 12 Oct 2021 - 07:01, said:

snapback.png

I want to preface this with while I understand the hesitation of some people in the creation of these potions, I still do believe that if you're going to use a word like "loyalty" for an in game currency, than whatever that currency is should be the same-if-not-better that the "P2W" currency.  I also don't think that the induction of some of these skills will break the game, but I digress.  My comments below will be in GREEN.

Rampage Potion. Loyalty:  1000

Animal Magnetism Level : 450 Duration : 120m
Conserve Level : 550 > 650 Duration : 120m
Find Item Level 1250 : Duration : 120m

I'll consider Find Item. Not entirely sold on Conserve needing the minor crank though. 

Fair, i do think con 650 won't cause any problems especially at the level suggested.

I think this should be 700 which is a massive decrease from the original proposal, but it sounds like 650 is already on the chopping block, so I'll agree that 650 is not game breaking and won't affect anything.

Potion of Divine Knowledge. Loyalty:  500 > 750

Adept Learner Level : 600 > 700 Duration : 120m
Librarian Level : 600 > 650 Duration : 120m

This encroachs on the Easter Global, which is successful due to being a once a year event. Don't want to harm that.

The main draw to easter global would be the PvP potion and OK1000 as this is one of the main ways to achieve this.

My reasoning for this is identical.  I would like AL to be at least 800 and Librarian to be at least 800, but understand the likelihood of that happening is slim to nil, so I'll agree with AL 700, but would still like to see Librarian 800.

Edited by iceman66, 15 October 2021 - 19:24.

#54 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 October 2021 - 20:40

Let's stay on topic, yes? Loyalty Potions proposal, not polls.

~ Grim

Not sure why everyone had to comment on the merits of a poll or not. I believe it is on topic BG. Let's take the remaining potion ideas with a few different levels / durations to the active player base in-game.

Edited by Windbattle, 15 October 2021 - 20:55.

#55 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 16 October 2021 - 13:43

BG doesnt hide anything, he has made it clear its here, noone is fearful of posting here, if they are then one ponders if their judgement is sound enough to be taken seriously, HCS takes harrassment seriously, if it were anything to be concerned over there would be action, zero reason people should be fearful, HCS protects all members, there is nothing harsh going on here, its here so people can post feedback to see if their story checks out!

#56 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 11:19

perhaps in the 

Sorcerous Scales. potion 

chi strike buff should be added

#57 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2021 - 04:13

so after all the potion designs are done when is the update expected or no time set yet?

sigma_468x60.jpg

#58 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 November 2021 - 15:25

so after all the potion designs are done when is the update expected or no time set yet?

AFAIK this month, really hope so ;).

#59 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 November 2021 - 20:53

I'm looking forward to the new potions. Let's go.

#60 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:04

I hope they fix the issues with the groups before releasing that high level of Global Booster :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: