• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:11

Let's turn a gathering skill into something people will actually want to do. Most people dislike both. Let's add rare mats to both and use them for crafting something good people will want.

How about:  Goldfish and Golden Apples or Piranha and Truffles

Edited by zargon, 03 June 2015 - 06:14.

#2 NerdyNeko

NerdyNeko

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge
  • Finland

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:54

Okay.. so what do we do with those new rare mats..? let rot at bank as decoration? make better potions/food? with 1% to get rare mat.. making either one would be hell.. then gold? well since you would need to be out of TA to get rares.. you wouldnt get smuggled gold.. and most people level their AS, WS and jewerly with smuggled mats and dont get rares.. i dont think adding some useless rare mats would do anything.

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 16:31

I see your point. You just fish and forage and get your mats. Something could be added like the other gathering skills. Yah, why not? The others have them. May as well do the last two, lol :)

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the forest. ;)

#4 NatsuMichi

NatsuMichi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 17:41

Enhanced potions/food, now that could be interesting :ph34r: Or just new, special items, just like in AS/WS/J with the pure/dense stuff. Dunno why getting rare mats would be hell if the rate is set the same as it is for prospecting/cc. I have so much rare stuff I have to vendor it :P You know what is hell? TA :D It's true that even current rare mats are kind of...useless...hence the vendoring.

As for fishing I think that is beyond redemption even if you could fish out a Kraken :lol: imho ^^

CC 48 / Farming 49 / Fishing 28 / Foraging 49 / Forestry 33 / Prospecting 48 / Skinning 33

Alchemy 49 / AS 10 / Cooking 49 / Jewelry 40 / LW 12 / WS 21/ Tailoring 2

Sheyla's Shopping Shack ^^

#5 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 June 2015 - 20:13

As for fishing I think that is beyond redemption even if you could fish out a Kraken laugh.png imho ^^

Remind me of RS random event's make fishing fun. Add bonus of chest after kill with Vanite - Gold - Other. Rare mats as in rare chance on monster spawn.

Gathering, Random chance of bird attack Kill off bird's or bee's get random chest like PL works very on what chest get with new item's some thing intersting as well, Make those that might think of botting fishing - afk sighlyt payattion.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#6 Voyance

Voyance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 21:16

Some thing like the River Trolls, Golems, Tree Spriits, Evil Chickens from RS? They were made for bot prevention/kill off bots. In RS, players lose items when they die that's why it's a bit effective. Not to mention, killing them did not provide exp and the loot from them is virtually zero. Here, there aren't much consequences (other than repair bills).

I'd suggest a way for players to drop 50% of what they gathered if they die from these random events. Loot-wise, it should provide a certain amount of (smuggled) resources or coin/artisan bags. Power wise, they should be +2-3 levels from the victim.

#7 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 23:10

lul? :blink:

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the forest. ;)

#8 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 June 2015 - 23:58

Some thing like the River Trolls, Golems, Tree Spriits, Evil Chickens from RS? They were made for bot prevention/kill off bots. In RS, players lose items when they die that's why it's a bit effective. Not to mention, killing them did not provide exp and the loot from them is virtually zero. Here, there aren't much consequences (other than repair bills).

I'd suggest a way for players to drop 50% of what they gathered if they die from these random events. Loot-wise, it should provide a certain amount of (smuggled) resources or coin/artisan bags. Power wise, they should be +2-3 levels from the victim.

no.1 this aint RS

no.2 players lose 50% of smuggled mats when they get killed in TA

No.3 keep rares out of TA

no.4 yes, add rares to fishing/foraging, but only on nodes outside of TA

no.5 remove gathering nodes from TA

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#9 Voyance

Voyance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:18

no1: I know it's not RS. I suggested it because the person above me mentioned it and the best way to describe said feature is to reference RS. Well, forgive me for not know any other MMO/game that has the same feature. My MMO experience isn't that vast with only 11 MMOs + RS + Eldevin under my belt. Sadly, half of them are either shut down or are only a shell of their previous selves. What's even more sad (great) is that only RS had such primitive technology that they had to use these random events to deter botting.

no2. I'm aware that 50% of smuggled mats are lost at TA but the suggested feature would be stupid if there aren't any risks involved. Dropping (or even delete) 50% (or any part of gathered resources) from falling against these proposed randomly occurring monsters would add a risk factor + mildly deter bots from benefitting off their botted materials. The kiddy gloves and training wheels should come off.

Loot-wise, I had smuggled in a parenthesis meaning it may or may not be ignored. If you chose to do the latter, then I justify smuggled so that it's tidy up in a stack. With that said, I'm okay if they're not smuggled.

no3. I didn't mention TA anywhere in my post so...IDK what went on here.

no4. not one mention of TA in my post so...IDK what went on here again.

no5. again, no mention of TA in my post...However, I agree in removing gathering nodes in TA IF the devs have no intention of balancing the roles of PKer and Skiller in TA (aka putting risk against combat initiators @ TA). Like I said before, the kiddy gloves and training wheels have to come off.

Edited by Voyance, 04 June 2015 - 04:25.

#10 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:09

Considering gathering skills like Fishing and Foraging go into Food and Potions, maybe we can think of special buffs or abilities that can be gained from this that would give good value to the rare mats. I will make a suggestion so don't rip me here. Just hoping to get more people thinking of how this could be put to use. 

Random Skill Potion - Allows for a one-time use of a random skill for use in PVE or PVP. (stack 3 max)
Random Pet Potion - Generate a random pet for 30, 60 or 90 minutes. (permanent pet possible)
Random Mount Potion - Generates a random mount for 30, 60 or 90 minutes. (permanent mount possible)

(3 rare mats of each) Output results have highest percentage chance to generate the lowest tiers of items listed above.
(6 rare mats of each) Output results increase in likelihood of producing higher tiers by 10%
(9 rare mats of each) Output results increase in likelihood of producing higher tiers by 20%
(12 rare mats of each) Output results increase in likelihood of producing higher tiers by 30% 

** The chance to generate a permanent (bind on acquire) pet or mount is 1/2/3/4 percent (depending on quantity of mats used). Certain pets and mounts may be excluded. Possibly add 1/2/3/4 ep when crafting to allow chance for permanent mount or pet ? 

Numbers are just thrown out there. They can be altered to whatever suits each potion or each possible output result. Again, I know it's a bit silly. Just trying to get some positive feedback.

Edited by zargon, 04 June 2015 - 07:33.

#11 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 13:32

i really do agree with adding these rare mats for op potions n stuff

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop: