• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:21

I've created this thread to gives everyone a place to put down their ideas.  When the Loyalty Rewards section was introduced, it was intended to give those players who have donated an added bonus for their dedication to the game.  Almost every game has a section for donating players.  It's a great way for people to feel appreciated for continued support of the games they love.

What I'm proposing is the addition of more options to the Loyalty section.  I honestly feel that if people had access to more "loyalty" items, donations would probably increase more which is always a good thing.  Here are a few options of what I think should be added and I encourage everyone to put down their ideas.

Overkill 500 - 800 Allegiance Tokens

Overkill 1000 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens

Doubler 1750 - 300 Allegiance Tokens

Doubler 2000 - 600 Allegiance Tokens

Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens

Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens

Extend 300 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens

Light Foot 1500 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens

Nightmare Visage 350 - 700 Allegiance Tokens

Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens

That is just a few options, and I'm sure people might have issues but that is what forums are for. Please be considerate with your opinions, and let's keep this on track.

#2 Amberwyn

Amberwyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:25

I think this is a great idea! I hope they listen to it and support it. :P

#3 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:32

I also think that some of the older loyalty potions need to either be upgraded or eliminated as they aren't relevant anymore.  For example: Courageous Draft, Adventurer Elixir, Auspice of Ancients, Scholars Draft, and Sacrifice Potion. 

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:34

There are other suggestion threads out there somewhere Ice - one of which is mine - and all have been promised to be looked at - heck, one even had Hoof on-board, but nothing happened.

That said, it's always good to keep sharpening the stick to prod them with regarding it, 'cos the loyalty rewards are looking distinctly underwhelming these days.

I really don't see them offering AM450 there tho - distilled makes it 500+ - it would be nice, but unlikely. I'd say keep it at 400, so its comparable with the composing cap ?

I don't see Distil 200 happening either tbh - it will push buffs like AM400 into "guaranteed success" buffs. I think 150 is just fine.

TBH, I'd have to say that most of your suggestions are overpowered there - with the exception of boosting Doubler even further. I don't understand the reluctance of the cows to accomodate this tbh as the ONLY thing it affects is how quickly a player can hunt..

But, let's see what other ideas can spring forth - and hopefully, this time is the time that they actually action it :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:41

• Overkill 500 - 800 Allegiance Tokens - Don't see an issue with this.
  • Overkill 1000 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens - Makes some Epic potions redundant.
  • Doubler 1750 - 300 Allegiance Tokens - Makes some Epic potions redundant.
  • Doubler 2000 - 600 Allegiance Tokens - Makes some Epic potions redundant.
  • Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens - Makes some Epic potions redundant.
  • Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens - Makes the annual rush for Zombie Brews redundant.
  • Extend 300 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens - Don't see an issue with this.
  • Light Foot 1500 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens - Don't see an issue with this.
  • Nightmare Visage 350 - 700 Allegiance Tokens - Don't see an issue with this.
  • Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens - NMV over 400 is useless. (NMV 350 distilled properly would be 100% transfer)

​​​I think instead of ever more increasing skill levels we should try and convince HCS to release some of the buffs that we have been teased with for a long time.

I appreciate the idea of giving donators something 'special'. However I think adding loyalty exclusive buffs would be much better and less disruptive to an already badly balanced game.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:42

Overkill 500 would instantly make the new Arena potion redundant tho ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:48

The enormous stockpiles of arena tokens make me very jaded towards arena related stuff.

If some people wanted they could instantly crash the prices of arena items anyway.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#8 joebriggs

joebriggs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:48

I think this is a good idea and would also help some lower level people level up alot quicker 

I think this is a good idea and would also help some lower level people level up alot quicker 

#9 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:52

Come on people quit trying to get them to upgrade pots to later on just say ohhh noooo the pots are way too strong >.>

#10 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:53

The enormous stockpiles of arena tokens make me very jaded towards arena related stuff.

If some people wanted they could instantly crash the prices of arena items anyway.

Oh, absolutely, but regardless, demolishing something only just introduced today is extreme, even by HCS standards ;)

#11 unknownone

unknownone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 20:56

@init post, [petition signed]

• Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens - Makes some Epic potions redundant.
  • Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens - Makes the annual rush for Zombie Brews redundant.
  • Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens - NMV over 400 is useless. (NMV 350 distilled properly would be 100% transfer)

​​​I think instead of ever more increasing skill levels we should try and convince HCS to release some of the buffs that we have been teased with for a long time.

I appreciate the idea of giving donators something 'special'. However I think adding loyalty exclusive buffs would be much better and less disruptive to an already badly balanced game.

The redundancy would not be significant in any of these cases. If the costs of any of these would be lower, then I'd agree, yes. But the cost of each are a significant deduction to the average player's Loyalty Points bank. It would take weeks and months to save up for sets of these potions for the average indigent. 

#12 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:00

There are other suggestion threads out there somewhere Ice - one of which is mine - and all have been promised to be looked at - heck, one even had Hoof on-board, but nothing happened.

That said, it's always good to keep sharpening the stick to prod them with regarding it, 'cos the loyalty rewards are looking distinctly underwhelming these days.

I really don't see them offering AM450 there tho - distilled makes it 500+ - it would be nice, but unlikely. I'd say keep it at 400, so its comparable with the composing cap ?

I don't see Distil 200 happening either tbh - it will push buffs like AM400 into "guaranteed success" buffs. I think 150 is just fine.

TBH, I'd have to say that most of your suggestions are overpowered there - with the exception of boosting Doubler even further. I don't understand the reluctance of the cows to accomodate this tbh as the ONLY thing it affects is how quickly a player can hunt..

But, let's see what other ideas can spring forth - and hopefully, this time is the time that they actually action it :)

Thanks for the response and the information regarding previous posts.  I don't know, I think it's okay if Loyalty potions are overpowered though as they are exclusive.  Saying that, I totally understand where you are coming from.  Underwhelming is exactly where I would put the state of the Loyalty section.  I feel that compared to other games (and maybe that is my flawed way of thinking), the Loyalty options in FS are lacking and need some love.

Edited by iceman66, 01 April 2016 - 21:01.

#13 Ringhal

Ringhal

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:03

Considering that there are only two ways of collecting Allegiance Tokens (donations and logging in daily), I don't see any of the suggestions made by iceman as bad. Added to that, the prices are extremely high.

For example, if a player never donated and logged in daily to collect Tokens to buy Distill 200, it would take 320 days (1600 / 5).

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:04

@init post, [petition signed]

The redundancy would not be significant in any of these cases. If the costs of any of these would be lower, then I'd agree, yes. But the cost of each are a significant deduction to the average player's Loyalty Points bank. It would take weeks and months to save up for sets of these potions for the average indigent. 

Making the loyalty potions the equivalent of Donation Chests just means that folk get double-whammy when they make their donations - which, in turn, would mean that players would donate less often, surely ?

(as in they get the donation chest, they get the fsps AND they get enough loyalty tokens to buy, in essence, another donation chest)

(Yes, I know that the suggestions thus far don't match the best donation offers, but give it time - players are greedy and always want bigger / better / more bang for their buck after all ... )

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

It's more a case of being against the constant power creep itself, but, I also know many people, MANY that would be able to use these potions on everything they do. (ask iceman how many AT's he has ;) lol)

Not to mention the inevitable demands that these potions also be made available using gold as well. Pointless to even try and deny it, it's just the way the FS population works.

As I said, I'm not against the people who support the game getting something cool. They most definitely should. Just not, "Unliiiimited powah!" (The power creep on this game is beyond the joke)

Use the find by buff feature of the AH and you'll see many buff names that don't actually exist yet. Put some of those in as loyalty only, much better solution.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 SkyWizard

SkyWizard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

+1 to Iceman

Edited by SkyWizard, 01 April 2016 - 21:05.

#17 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:07

I tend to agree with you about HCS making new buffs as opposed to upping previous buffs.  The problem is, and I hate thinking like this, is that it's easier for HCS to just increase skills as opposed to releasing new skills.  And according to Pardoux, this has been mentioned before and forgotten about.  And about the redundancy of epic chests, I think we can increase the Allegiance token cost of the skills to balance it out.  Quite significantly if need be. 

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:12

Yeah I know what you mean ice, it's a sad state of affairs when the playerbase generally has such low expectations of the dev team. We can't use it as an excuse to continually cut corners though. In the end there will be nothing left to ruin.

I've said my piece though, I'll not continue banging on in your thread mate.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 21:16

Yeah I know what you mean ice, it's a sad state of affairs when the playerbase generally has such low expectations of the dev team. We can't use it as an excuse to continually cut corners though. In the end there will be nothing left to ruin.

I've said my piece though, I'll not continue banging on in your thread mate.

Well thank you for participating.  I always enjoy hearing what you have to say (most of the time :P).  Don't feel like you can't bang on in my thread, I encourage it LOL.

Edited by iceman66, 01 April 2016 - 21:22.

#20 EKUEKU

EKUEKU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 April 2016 - 23:40

I Like the Idea I think it is really great :)

EKUEKU and in Fallen Sword it is EKUEKU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: