58 replies to this topic

#21 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 23:57

I've created this thread to gives everyone a place to put down their ideas.  When the Loyalty Rewards section was introduced, it was intended to give those players who have donated an added bonus for their dedication to the game.  Almost every game has a section for donating players.  It's a great way for people to feel appreciated for continued support of the games they love.

What I'm proposing is the addition of more options to the Loyalty section.  I honestly feel that if people had access to more "loyalty" items, donations would probably increase more which is always a good thing.  Here are a few options of what I think should be added and I encourage everyone to put down their ideas.

Overkill 500 - 800 Allegiance Tokens No already trumps a new pot

Overkill 1000 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens NO This is not the area for the most powerful pots in the game, just nice bonuses

Doubler 1750 - 300 Allegiance Tokens No

Doubler 2000 - 600 Allegiance Tokens Yes

Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens No (easy way to get 100% and bypass a lot of other pots)

Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens NO

Extend 300 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens Yes

Light Foot 1500 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens NO

Nightmare Visage 350 - 700 Allegiance Tokens Why

Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens 125%?

That is just a few options, and I'm sure people might have issues but that is what forums are for. Please be considerate with your opinions, and let's keep this on track.

#22 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:17

I've created this thread to gives everyone a place to put down their ideas.  When the Loyalty Rewards section was introduced, it was intended to give those players who have donated an added bonus for their dedication to the game.  Almost every game has a section for donating players.  It's a great way for people to feel appreciated for continued support of the games they love.

What I'm proposing is the addition of more options to the Loyalty section.  I honestly feel that if people had access to more "loyalty" items, donations would probably increase more which is always a good thing.  Here are a few options of what I think should be added and I encourage everyone to put down their ideas.

Overkill 500 - 800 Allegiance Tokens No already trumps a new pot

Overkill 1000 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens NO This is not the area for the most powerful pots in the game, just nice bonuses

Doubler 1750 - 300 Allegiance Tokens No

Doubler 2000 - 600 Allegiance Tokens Yes

Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens No (easy way to get 100% and bypass a lot of other pots)

Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens NO

Extend 300 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens Yes

Light Foot 1500 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens NO

Nightmare Visage 350 - 700 Allegiance Tokens Why

Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens 125%?

That is just a few options, and I'm sure people might have issues but that is what forums are for. Please be considerate with your opinions, and let's keep this on track.

I disagree.  I think this is exactly where the most powerful potions should be.  Donations keep this game going and shouldn't that be rewarded?  Also, people have been amassing PvP tokens for ages now, so they already have the advantage of the nice AM potion.  The ladder is a joke now as many just sit there, don't hit, and take turns getting 1st place.  Sure, NMV was calculated wrong, lol.  I'm assuming the "NO" compared to the "No" means you are absolutely against it? 

#23 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:36

The new types of pots idc for I just think that they need to be redone like arena all there good for atm is chest keys and doubler pots lol

#24 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:48

I disagree.  I think this is exactly where the most powerful potions should be.  Donations keep this game going and shouldn't that be rewarded?  Also, people have been amassing PvP tokens for ages now, so they already have the advantage of the nice AM potion.  The ladder is a joke now as many just sit there, don't hit, and take turns getting 1st place.  Sure, NMV was calculated wrong, lol.  I'm assuming the "NO" compared to the "No" means you are absolutely against it? 

Actually Donaters do already get the most powerful potions in the game from donating in the form of the special Chests. (which are unbound)

They should not get them in a bound form that segregates the game more so than it already is.  (I have plenty of allegiance tokens to use, and I am sure you have even more, but this would not be good for the overall game) If there was some form of gold purchasing option then it may be a different story.

The different forms of NO and No were not intentional, but I could say the 1's not capitalized probably wouldn't hurt the game as much as the capital 1's lol

#25 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 15:11

I liked the post for the ideology behind it, but that doesn't mean I agree with all the suggestions. 

I think there is a lot of good discussion in here on skill levels. The redundancy issue is important to me, but I won't bother you with my thoughts. 

I like the idea that the "missing skills" be incorporated. 

I am AGAINST the current pots being "excluded". I also do not use pretty much anything from the loyalty section at this point. I do consider UB on occasion, but that's not something I think one can apply to all of FS.

The reason I wouldn't exclude those lower level pots is because they are functional for lower level players. Of course, that's just part of how I try to teach new players. Obviously, I could hand them most stuff on a plate, but I use them to teach them about loyalty and the AH. I think it gives them a feel for what skills do and some kind of an intro to how to look for stuff.

Again, that's just me and how I work. It's definitely arguable and perhaps telling them about such low level stuff wouldn't be considered that great an idea. But new players aren't in a Guild and, well, to each their own. I simply don't think it's "worthwhile" to exclude those. If nobody uses them, so be it. 

But hey, I think Courageous Draft is good for the reasons stated and I just tested the Adventurer Elixir and it upped my stam 47 for 1k gold. 

#26 iceman66

iceman66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 23:31

Whatever comes from this, I hope it's some sort of update to the page.  I really just feel like the Loyalty Rewards have been neglected.  I posted this a couple days back and I hope someone from HCS looks at it soon.

#27 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:25

Overkill 500 - 800 Allegiance Tokens ok

Overkill 1000 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens no, this crazy high like epic chest

Doubler 1750 - 300 Allegiance Tokens this same level as epic and global chest, 1500 is good

Doubler 2000 - 600 Allegiance Tokens no, this crazy high

Animal Magnetism 450 - 800 Allegiance Tokens no, this crazy high like epic and global chest

Distil 200 - 1600 Allegiance Tokens no, distil 150 should staying highest

Extend 300 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens ok

Light Foot 1500 - 1000 Allegiance Tokens this same level as epic and global chest, 1250 or 1300 is good

Nightmare Visage 350 - 700 Allegiance Tokens 300 is good

Nightmare Visage 500 - 1100 Allegiance Tokens no, too high transfering 125% attack for defense

what thinking of this loyalty potion ideas?

brewing master 250, treasure hunter 190, merchant 190, stalker 350 (with distil 150 getting stalker 403, that level high enough), find item 1100 (not higher)

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:39

what thinking of this loyalty potion ideas?

brewing master 250, treasure hunter 190, merchant 190, stalker 350 (with distil 150 getting stalker 403, that level high enough), find item 1100 (not higher)

I'll go out on a limb and say that TH / MER will "NEVER" go higher than the buff :) - WAY too much gold in the game already.

I'd love to see a higher FI given RJEM's honesty resulted in FI being "fixed" way back when, but don't see it happening because most "drop" items are pretty much worthless already, so they don't need devaluing any further ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 17:16

The enormous stockpiles of arena tokens make me very jaded towards arena related stuff.

If some people wanted they could instantly crash the prices of arena items anyway.

bingo...this is the problem with arena now...took so long to address arena, players have stockpiles of tokens..nothing can be introduced to arena that will have any value to get others to join...wish i knew how to fix..

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 17:26

bingo...this is the problem with arena now...took so long to address arena, players have stockpiles of tokens..nothing can be introduced to arena that will have any value to get others to join...wish i knew how to fix..

By implementing tokens the way the OP wanted them to be... Only being 2ndary rewards. Primary reward was still a whole item like before or gold :P.

#31 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 20:34

loyatly pots is something that hasnt got any updates at all...

a higher doubler is something very nice and imo needed, especially for big stamina banks..
also a motive to keep maximazing your bank stamina.

extend pot 300 is something new and i'd like to see it added as well.
a higher stalked pot, lvl 350 as mention above is also nice idea.

so.

Doubler   lvl  2000  YES
stalker lvl 350   YES
Extend lvl  300  YES
Distil lvl 200   YES
Overkill lvl 1000  YES
Global booster lvl 1200 YES

#32 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:28

Doubler   lvl  2000  No. Invalidates Global Event and Donation potions.
stalker lvl 350   No. Invalidates Global Event, LE and Realm Chest potions.
Extend lvl  300  Far too powerful. 75% increase to potion duration? Not likely. 
Distil lvl 200   No. Invalidates Seasonal Event potions.
Overkill lvl 1000  No. Invalidates just released Arena potion.
Global booster lvl 1200 Perhaps.

#33 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:46

Extend lvl  300  Far too powerful. 75% increase to potion duration? Not likely.

extend works on buffs duration, not on potion duration

brewing master 300 (Potion of the Brewers Art) increases potion duration

Edited by hittokiri, 07 April 2016 - 12:47.

#34 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:55

Ah! So it does. Thanks for the clarification. Mistook it for Brewing Master. D'oh!

#35 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 13:05

So, the existing BM300 (pre-distil) potion is already far too powerful?

I'd give you a shovel but it looks like you can dig yourself a hole just as well without. ;)

Edited by Mister Doom, 07 April 2016 - 13:33.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#36 hittokiri

hittokiri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 13:07

ok with Extend 300 and Global Booster 1200, for the rest I agree with biggrim that they invalidate the other chests and potions

#37 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2016 - 13:37

So, the existing BM300 (pre-distil) potion is already far too powerful?

Eh, won from the Arena so takes a fair bit of time and skill.

#38 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2016 - 13:58

Nice backtracking. ;)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#39 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 April 2016 - 14:13

Quiet you! :P

#40 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:51

How about this...

U could transfer at a fixed rate, your
Loyalty points into.. lets say arena tokens.. or ladder points.. ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: