37 replies to this topic

#1 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 00:27

Hello,

I've ran into this problem several times now where I don't get notified in any way of people being online because they are using an alt.

Why is it not setup so that if you friend someone all of their alts are added as well? It would make it much easier if it was this way.

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#2 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:57

Mongpo suggested some thing like this, Find post

Basic frend list show Main Selected Frog for me

Looking  [Frog] [Kazzarat] Alt show Frog frist show alt i am on at that time finding mongo post.

https://forums.hunte...ore-manageable/

here is post.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 11 March 2015 - 02:00.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#3 The Marienne

The Marienne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:58

I would say you should not automatically get all alts of a person but be able to sort under. :)

#4 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:12

I agree that something needs to be done in the way alts work with the friends list, but not really to add all alts to friends list.

You have 16 friends online!

Umm no, I don't. I have 2 friends with many alts.  :rolleyes:

Perhaps just show the main, and then the alt: "main (as alt)".

For example, your friends list would show someone online: "Hoofmaster (as Hooftest)"

If they are offline, it would just show the main.

#5 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:23

I would rather see some way to add friend's alts to a seperate list or increase the friend's list amount or some way that it doesn't use up all the friends list as I have had to delete many alts over time to add other players to my list or I would end up with a few friends on there who have multiple alts.  

yes it's possible to fill up 200 names on that list very fast lol. :<  when you friends have multiple alts...

Edited by Blissy, 11 March 2015 - 04:24.

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

#6 Falbal

Falbal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:33

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the accounts on the friend list instead of the characters? It is after all the person behind you are friend with, not all the different characters they might have. Show the name of the account and the character they are currently playing with.

Edited by Falbal, 11 March 2015 - 07:35.

#7 Auron FFX

Auron FFX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:08

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the accounts on the friend list instead of the characters? It is after all the person behind you are friend with, not all the different characters they might have. Show the name of the account and the character they are currently playing with.

While this would be ideal I think accounts have an id and all characters are connected to it, so with this, your friend list would be full of numbers instead of names

May the odds be ever in your favor

hWtBGE5.gif
My wiki user page

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:47

It's a full time job rememberings names and half the time I get them mixed up. 

I've seen alot of names that look similar to my alts names in the last week which makes me worried will they get recognised as me and potentially scam or do something which I actually wouldn't do.

Alot of people either don't know about toplist or simply it's a pain in the ass to check every person you meet are they a alt.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:54

completely agree

The world is cruel...as will I....

#10 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:09

yes i wish that Alt charachter woud be showing on friendlist becouse now i get Hi Joe how is going and if i dont reply, you ignoring me Joe!? who on earth you are i have to look each  time at top list to see who is who becouse most of time i forgot alt names and people have many of them

Edited by Anakiro, 11 March 2015 - 12:21.
Language

• Ant likes this

#11 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:14

While this would be ideal I think accounts have an id and all characters are connected to it, so with this, your friend list would be full of numbers instead of names

no the account has an id and there is a main character so your list would be full of main characters and the alt that is currently online could be in ()

It's a full time job rememberings names and half the time I get them mixed up. 

I've seen alot of names that look similar to my alts names in the last week which makes me worried will they get recognised as me and potentially scam or do something which I actually wouldn't do.

Alot of people either don't know about toplist or simply it's a pain in the ass to check every person you meet are they a alt.

i have the same problem Ant, which is why i added a friends list to the spreadsheet

https://forums.hunte...iends/?p=920831

PvxgpOY.png

and it is a lot faster than top lists, you can give alts a class, add notes, add an FQ and a guild

ok it doesn't tell you who is online but check out the way it works

Edited by ZeusIV, 11 March 2015 - 13:15.

#12 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:14

Another scenario I encountered I was just being helpful whilst on Alt someone was asking if someone was lvl 40 jewelery, which I asked them do they have the mats? but before I could say I'd have too hop onto Ant they started arguing with me that no you don't have that skill..

I was only trying to help.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#13 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:17

That seems real helpful Zeus, it takes me about 20 seconds for toplist to even search for someone by then I'm already in a convo with someone that I might know but using small talk until toplist tells me who.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#14 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:19

I'm doing this at the moment, about 70% done. You'll be able to invite a character to be a friend but also specify it to be an account wide invite or just a single character, to which the recipient will agree to the request along with the account/character locality of the invite. An account wide invite will therefore show all alts that come online, so in the friends list it will show the friend alt online say Bongo and then the name you actually added if different with it "aka Mongo" underneath of so. If just a specific character friend is added then you'll only see them, and it wont betray any other alts (to which we hope to sort the website top lists to also not betray peoples alts if we can). If you have friends account wide, that grants you access to see all of their alts essentially, for trusted friends.

Most importantly, the friends list will be invite and accept, instead of the current 'stalker list', so a proper mutual friends list. This is to go with the new cross server stuff we did to show friends on different server.

Along with this is coming the mail system very soon, so in terms of system wise content, we're still going forward with all the cross server things as promised, but it is rather complex, but all this is now in place to add Guilds and AH, etc.

One idiom is that the current 'stalker' list will be redundant as we cant assume you have each other as friends, nor can we assume to make those invites for you (cos a % of them are probably added for stalking :) ), so at the moment, we may well use the mail system to send you a list of your friends names, which you can then choose to invite manually, a bit of a pain but not too bad... at least its a better system :)

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#15 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:25

Another scenario I encountered I was just being helpful whilst on Alt someone was asking if someone was lvl 40 jewelery, which I asked them do they have the mats? but before I could say I'd have too hop onto Ant they started arguing with me that no you don't have that skill..

I was only trying to help.

they coulda done this :)

xTPL1kv.png

• Ant likes this

#16 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:31

any idea of a timescale for those things cowboy?

#17 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:32

That's really good news, thanks for the update.

Is there anything that might be implemented cowboy regarding people you don't like/ignore list and being invited to same group?

If I don't like someone for some reason or another I don't really want too be running with them.

Sometimes you get invited by a friend then to find they've got someone you don't like already in there or come in after you've accepted. This then causes you to make a fool of yourself leaving then explaining why you don't like that person.

@Zeus wish I known about that sooner :P

Edited by Ant, 11 March 2015 - 13:33.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#18 cowboy

cowboy

Lead Programmer

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2015 - 13:45

I expect the mail and friends updates will have to roll out at the same time, I should think there'll be an official update post about them in a couple of weeks, maybe sooner, they're close but need finalizing.

Glenn Murphy (cowboy)
Eldevin Lead Programmer

#19 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 14:41

The only problem I see with the requirement of accepting friend requests is that currently I like to use the friends list to be able to locate someone I am looking to buy/sell with, to see when and which server they're online on.  If we had a proper method of buying/selling with other players, that would resolve that issue.

Also, I have a friend on my list who doesn't play anymore, who I knew before Eldevin, and I don't even know if he's ok IRL. It'll be sad to no longer have him on my list.

#20 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 March 2015 - 15:09

The only problem I see with the requirement of accepting friend requests is that currently I like to use the friends list to be able to locate someone I am looking to buy/sell with, to see when and which server they're online on.  If we had a proper method of buying/selling with other players, that would resolve that issue.

Also, I have a friend on my list who doesn't play anymore, who I knew before Eldevin, and I don't even know if he's ok IRL. It'll be sad to no longer have him on my list.

I forgot to think how the update might affect buying & selling stuff and old friends.

I have alot of my beta friends added I haven't seen them in sometime but I wouldn't like to lose contact with them if they ever do re-appear. My friendlist has been full for a long time and deleting these said players just because they aren't active I just don't do.

The stalker list does have advantages and disadvantages, for one new players sometimes haven't a clue where they are a simple /who does make them easier to find and help.

It's gonna be a tough one too get right just hope people don't get split personalities when on different characters because no-one knows who their characters are.

Edited by Ant, 11 March 2015 - 15:10.

@AntEldevin

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: