Photo

Not sure what this says the most about

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2009 - 20:57

If not for Elite set, then why not Scavenger 400? I think HCS has solved the mission problem completely (or overly :D) with that stim!
If those Sunstorm are too many for our players, why don't HCS just disable/lengthen the time between the lvl 50 Behemoth spawns? Isn't that solve the problem. Actually it should be the same problem for all (common, rare, Elite, HK, Legendary) items at low levels! We all want those low level items to have some values as well, right?
And yes, it would be fun to want to WIN, but first, it should be "want to PLAY", and ... btw getting 2nd prize is still a WIN when the 1st prize faction stop killing :)

#42 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:24

there should be rare random drops that is "nice" . from 2500 kill, figure 25 drops. could be stims, could be component to build another item. (enough component for 2nd item that is either same or something almost as good) the winner will get more than half of it, so it is win/win for the winners, but rest will have chance to get a prize as well.

kinda like having raffle plus winner's prize.

#43 ss_sd17

ss_sd17
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:43

Fear not! Once we figure out how to level to 50 there shall be renewed intrest in the Behemoth! :twisted:

#44 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:48

there should be rare random drops that is "nice" . from 2500 kill, figure 25 drops. could be stims, could be component to build another item. (enough component for 2nd item that is either same or something almost as good) the winner will get more than half of it, so it is win/win for the winners, but rest will have chance to get a prize as well.

Where do they go? Does a faction need to have expanded store with empty slots to get these? Do they go to players?

It's really not as easy as a lot of people coming in and commenting have tried to make it sound. No, it can't make something that's the same as the Behemoth drop as that devalues it incredibly. It's not like the other game - there just isn't the player base to support more items.

Quite frankly I'd rather have them leave it how it is than have to pay people to play along....

#45 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:38

go to players of course, this will bring in all sort, including those who do not have big faction.

titan drop is what it will be. bit like a pinata. :D reward those participating with small prizes. (stim, component, etc) while winning faction get the big prize.

if there are DP200 and rs200 type prize amongst the drops, you will get lot of turnout I am sure.

basically add a drop to the behemoth with really low drop rate that cannot be affected by FI/scavenge. 1% drop rate and have several drops for it.

#46 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 20:00

Nice idea I must say :D
Also, this idea can be extended to all creatures as well (with much smaller chance of drop, like 0.1% or 0.01% or even 0.001% :) ), then some players will have a :idea: moment :idea: while leveling

#47 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 21:29

Nice idea I must say :D
Also, this idea can be extended to all creatures as well (with much smaller chance of drop, like 0.1% or 0.01% or even 0.001% :) ), then some players will have a :idea: moment :idea: while leveling

And by having these drops on all mobs the incentive to do the Behemoth would be...? While I don't see the need to pay people to lose at a part of the game at least the original suggestion provided a rationale for Behemoth hunting rather than more rewards for doing nothing (rewards for losing but that's a different complaint).

#48 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 21:42

I disagree on having it on all mob. just having it on behemoth would be a nice incentive. every pariticpant will benefit including those in the winning faction.

Right now, people may start the hunt, but if they think they are losing, they will bail. (or don't have enough member of faction participate) this will keep people hunting longer even if there is no chance to win the full prize.

#49 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 21:51

But don't we want more people trying to win? This is the part I just don't get. I guess it's better to have a bunch of people trying to get a drop and not trying to win than nobody there. But, what the game really needs is more people trying to win. That's why I think it's necessary to pay at least as much attention to the prize (for the winner) as the other rewards and be very careful to make the hunt itself nowhere near as rewarding as winning the hunt.

#50 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 23:14

FINALLY!!!!

Someone has beaten SS to the behemoth!!

WHOOOOO!!!!!!

#51 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 23:25

FINALLY!!!!

WHOOOOO!!!!!!

Yeah. Great job. We thought some of those other factions were actually killing it. lol.

I'd like to know what happened to the news posting for it though! None of us saw one (and it isn't like we don't look for them!).

#52 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2009 - 23:27

Behemoth Spotted!
Posted: 21:00 16 Dec 2009

A 'Rorsarakan (Behemoth)' behemoth has been spotted in Highridge Crag (Range)!

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

Was there, but was there when i logged in so not sure if the blue box flashed up if thats what you mean.

Guess i maybe just logged in at a lucky time :P

#53 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:35

Behemoth Spotted!
Posted: 21:00 16 Dec 2009

A 'Rorsarakan (Behemoth)' behemoth has been spotted in Highridge Crag (Range)!

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

Was there, but was there when i logged in so not sure if the blue box flashed up if thats what you mean.

Guess i maybe just logged in at a lucky time :P

I found it randomly at 21:53 (well, my messages about it to faction mates were at 21:54) but there was no blue news posting that any of us saw.

Regardless. Good Job - come on in again.

#54 ss_korovo

ss_korovo
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:56

I found it randomly at 21:53 (well, my messages about it to faction mates were at 21:54) but there was no blue news posting that any of us saw.

Regardless. Good Job - come on in again.

Sheesh, we all got the same notice. Next time, I'll be sure to send you a note ;)

#55 ss_reynk

ss_reynk
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:19

and rest assured, Eco, we will be there again. ;)

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:12

Excellent job FL! Well done! I personally find the Behemoth hunting pretty fun. Phurie and I had a shot against one last week. Was excellent. Banter was good too.

#57 ss_retsnom

ss_retsnom
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 18:49

Shhhhhh dont tell anyone but we are coming for you BEHEMOTH muhahahahaha

#58 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 19:34

Look forward to seeing it!

#59 ss_teekill

ss_teekill
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2009 - 19:42

And by having these drops on all mobs the incentive to do the Behemoth would be...?

Of course it has nothing to do with the Behemoth. I just want to raise an idea (based on idea from Cent, that's why I keep posting here) that might make the game more fun. What do players lower than lvl 100 do now? I want them to have a "moment of WOW". Otherwise, any new players coming in the game will find that they have to get to near EOC before they get out of a linear leveling process.

But don't we want more people trying to win? This is the part I just don't get.

Simple, we want people who "want to PLAY" with the Behemoth first.

#60 ss_loudog

ss_loudog
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:11

FINALLY!!!!

WHOOOOO!!!!!!

Yes congratulations!! It was much more fun for me with some competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: