Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:26

Crafting currently is just "oh I'll farm the mats and get a higher level to make things for me, with no extra effort".

Having remnants as bind on pickup does the following:

- Inspires others to level their gathering/crafting skills so they can make things themselves.

- Inspires crafters to run dungeons/instances which will give them a reason to sell their equipment for a better price because they had to go out of their way to gather the mats.

- Adds to the replayability of all instances in the game. Instead of having remnants just past around when they're needed.

Possible negative outcome (very unlikely and would be some time before players did this and efficiently):

- Higher leveled geared players selling "instance runs" to lower level crafters so the crafters could gather mats without leveling up to complete the instance themselves.

Edited by Neon, 08 January 2014 - 14:27.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#2 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:31

I second this.

At the moment I am pretty much level 1 in all gathering/crafting skills because i see no need to do them when I can just get someone else to make it for me. But if i had to make it myself, I would definitely be more inclined to level up these skills that I have currently been neglecting.

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#3 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 14:58

Hate this idea. I do not want to be forced to level up a prof to make my own helms for the sets.

I also do not want to have to pay en extortionate amount for one, as only the crazy grinders would ever be able to craft more than a few helms to sell. They could do 100 runs of tr and if unlucky still not get the 20 rems that is needed to make one helmet at lvl 40.

Even using their relics to buy rems, that is 80 runs per helm alone.

This would profit the players who are online loads and harm the enjoyment of casual players. Who may never be able to afford a helm. At least now, they can get their helms, even if they play casually and do a few runs each time they are free.

Just my opinion.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#4 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 15:19

Hate this idea. I do not want to be forced to level up a prof to make my own helms for the sets.

I also do not want to have to pay en extortionate amount for one

Helms are not needed to complete dungeons, helms are not needed for grinding.

Helms are for getting the best possible stats out of your gear for min/maxing dps for efficiency or pvp (stats wise).

The two things you've posted here suggest you want everything "free and easy".

Making remnants bop certainly doesn't force you to level up your professions and the prices players will charge will be a fair price and give professions, instances and gear more value when getting it.

Even using their relics to buy rems, that is 80 runs per helm alone.

This would profit the players who are online loads and harm the enjoyment of casual players. Who may never be able to afford a helm. At least now, they can get their helms, even if they play casually and do a few runs each time they are free.

I actually forgot that you can buy remnants with relics, this makes this suggestion even more valid.

Of course players who spend their time online will profit over casuals, that's how any game works.

It doesn't cost/take long to farm remnants for the level 10-25 helms, so they could easily get those cheap. As for TR and To3 helms it will just take them longer.

In the long term remnants are going to pile up and they will end up just getting destroyed due to their limited use, I don't want to see instances dead due to no reason to farm them. I'd love to have a reason to go back and farm boondocks, vault, ohdar, valley etc... and I'm sure many others would in time.

Completing a set especially a TR set should not take 1 day of farming, if I knew the community would agree with me I'd suggest a new system that may take up to a week of straight farming to complete a set, but I know too many people would complain and that would have no chance.

Edited by Neon, 08 January 2014 - 15:34.

a5kwtf.png

#5 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 15:30

Then we shall have to agree to disagree  :)

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#6 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2014 - 16:55

I don't think remnants should bind on pick up. For the simple fact not everyone wants to work their skills.  Then their is the fact that you will see alot more needy people. Meaning alot more players will click need on them. I like running the dungeons. I like working my skills. I don't like charging alot of money to players for me to make their helms. If Remnants become bind on pick up, I will be forced to charge alot. Due to the fact I will have to recover my losses for repairs. Not everyone has a ton of money in this game.

#7 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 18:05

i have to agree with mongo and oops here...   personaly i avoid gathering/crafting all together not because as dillias said for him he see's no point but because i hate the tediousness of it... if remnants was BoP it would give the impression we was being forced to level professions and that then removes a lot of that freedom thats so appealing in the game.

Now that said... if they improved the random drops. (say give them random bonus's like the rare weapons) then it would be possible to farm equips that was equal to the sets and players would then have the option to use random drop gears OR set gears and in that case i would support this idea. 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#8 Sage

Sage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:07

Hate this idea... just another nerf that's unnecessary and they are getting old fast.

Gathering:   Crystal Cutting 44 - Farming 32 - Fishing 49 - Foraging 49 - Forestry 49 - Prospecting 49 - Skinning 49

Crafting:   Alchemy 49 - Armorsmithing 1 - Cooking 49 - Jewelry 1 - Leatherworking 12 - Tailoring 1 - Weaponsmithing 1

#9 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:13

Hate this idea... just another nerf that's unnecessary and they are getting old fast.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but how is it unnecessary. :)?

Rather than a personal view maybe think how this would effect the future of the game, crafting and instances. The points I raised would be very beneficial for the longevity of lower level instances and would add to a positive grind for end-game items.

a5kwtf.png

#10 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:19

It would ruin the "market" crafters have earned for themselves getting to that high level

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#11 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:21

It would ruin the "market" crafters have earned for themselves getting to that high level

Not at all, it would potentially end up making you more money.

Those players who decide not to level their professions will come to you, and since you have to go out of your way to farm those remnants you will be able to charge a decent price for your items rather than "giving them away".

a5kwtf.png

#12 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:32

yeah but i also feel a LOT fewer crafters will be willing to go farm the remenants especialy for all the people that want/need them...  imagine how many runs it would take a single crafter to farm enough to craft 20? 30? as population grows 50+ orders for a helm???  who is going to want to do that regardeless what they could charge for it... it would be better to just grind mobs with loot potion for drops to sell.

and now that its harder for crafters to craft items for people there will be less of them wanting to do it.. so those of us who dont like the gathering/crafting part of the game are either 1 accepting that we must use lower tiered gear OR 2 be forced to partake in an aspect of the game we would rather not....

am all for making crafting more useful i'm also for making random drops more useful..  but i realy dont want to restrict players on either side (crafters or non crafters) 

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#13 Jibbz

Jibbz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:34

I don't see what is so wrong with "giving them away". Everybody plays the game for different reasons. Some prefer the combat and questing whereas some appreciate skilling more. We shouldn't be forced to grind in all aspects of the game as it wouldn't be as fun. 

#14 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:40

I don't see what is so wrong with "giving them away". Everybody plays the game for different reasons. Some prefer the combat and questing whereas some appreciate skilling more. We shouldn't be forced to grind in all aspects of the game as it wouldn't be as fun. 

Again it's not forcing anything, "giving them away" shows that they have lost potential and they will lose their value as more come in over time.

yeah but i also feel a LOT fewer crafters will be willing to go farm the remenants especialy for all the people that want/need them...  imagine how many runs it would take a single crafter to farm enough to craft 20? 30? as population grows 50+ orders for a helm???  who is going to want to do that regardeless what they could charge for it... it would be better to just grind mobs with loot potion for drops to sell.

It takes on average a week to max a crafting skill, currently we have a small population and it's still only a month after release. Give it a year and there will be a bigger playerbase with so many people with maxed crafting skills, potentially auction houses to sell these kind of items on and in general a larger trading base with a more stable economy.

I see the points you're trying to make but if you look at this in the longterm it evens out well and creates a stable and useful means of instance replayability (said so many times now) and increases the usefulness of the crafting professions and the means to train them for profit.

a5kwtf.png

#15 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:53

yeah i get what you're saying..  just how do we know there will be more max level crafters that are not only max level but also WILLING TO spam these runs for the remenants for everyone that needs them..... 

how many max level tailors are there right now??  i know of 3 but lets say 5 ...   how many players are in game? over the three servers i never see less than 250 on at a time so a good guesstimate would be about 500 total players but lets call it 400....  lets say 1/4 of that are clothies..... so that be 100 CONSERVITIVE so them 5 people are going to have to not only craft and not only do all the tediousness it took to level but ALSO have to be willing to farm mats for 20 more people...  do you realy think EACH and EVERY one of them will be willing to do that? probably not so out of the 5 2 of them dont want to farm the remanants for others so that leaves 3 crafters and now they are having to farm mats for 33.3 people........  and to have to continualy do these every 5 levels for TR? for lvl 45 dng's? for lvl 50dng's? 

now you're saying there will be more max level crafters but there will also be more and more non crafting players.. and sense this is a thread of presumptions we could also say that as the population grows the ratio of crafters to no crafters also seperate as a much smaller percentage of the gaming population is as dedicated and/or interested in the grind for farming/gathering/crafting.. so now we could be getting into each crafter is having to gather remnants for 50, 60,.. 100.. helms of each 5th level.... 

sory i just dont see it.. .i mean i love the idea behind the sugestion just dont think this would actualy help in the long run just ask yourself if the game gets 10,000 players how many of them are going to actualy be max level crafters with todays gamers? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: