Photo

Russian Front is out now on PC, Mac and Android Tablets!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2014 - 14:12

rf_small.png

Russian Front

Russian Front, our most ambitious strategy game yet, an operational-level game with a wider scope than any of our previous titles is out now on PC, Mac and Android Tablets.

The battle for the Russian Front was a pivotal moment in World War 2, and this game gives it the scale it deserves.

Click here for more information!

#2 Real one

Real one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:52

When is it going to be released on iPad?

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:06

When is it going to be released on iPad?

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks. We're just fixing an issue which was causing it to crash on iOS 8 before we submit it to Apple :)

#4 Real one

Real one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:19

I'll try to wait it's been a long time all ready don't know if my dreams can hold me for two week.

#5 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 23:05

As a player of war-games for over 50 years I was excited to give this game a try. After playing 3 campaign games I would like to offer some changes that would make the game better. 

1. Campaign ends at the end of the first year with a German defeat. The purpose of a campaign game should be the ability of the players to explore other options. 

2. One of the reasons the Germans are unable to fulfill the victory requirements ( I was unable to find any ) that would allow them to stay in the game maybe because of the unusual supply rules. Russian units completely surrounded for 3 months or more do not suffer any loss of strength and seem to defend as if they are in supply. An example would be a 20 strength infantry cut off turn 3 still is the same strength 8 turns later. Also a Russian armored unit continues to move 2 hexes after being cut off for several turns. On the other hand German units out of supply are unable to move at all.

All in all a good try with clean game play. Just need some fixes that could make this a great game.

Thanks

Don Kimmick

#6 kj2kg2

kj2kg2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:28

It isbeing reported at Google Play as not availble for my Nook Color or Samsung Tab 2 7". Exactly what Android platform would work?

#7 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 17:31

It isbeing reported at Google Play as not availble for my Nook Color or Samsung Tab 2 7". Exactly what Android platform would work?

We're testing an update at the moment which should make it available on more Android tablets :)

#8 pzgndr

pzgndr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 18:27

Russian units completely surrounded for 3 months or more do not suffer any loss of strength and seem to defend as if they are in supply... On the other hand German units out of supply are unable to move at all.

This is a bug, right?  There must be adverse effects for out of supply units. 

I've been waiting for the iPad version and still looking forward to getting this.  Hopefully the supply issues will be resolved shortly.

#9 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:07

I hope it is a bug. The game play is very clean but the information provided is sparse. German panzers move two hexes per turn, and then for no reason they can move 5 or more hexes. Needs some work or explanation..

#10 kj2kg2

kj2kg2

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:16

To date, I think your support for your games is A1. I am glad to hear that you are working on a fix so it will support more Android tablets as it was a no go for my Samsung Tab 3 7" or my Samsung Tab S 8.4". 

#11 Rosspac

Rosspac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:31

We are working way trying to resolve any issue we can and hopefully you should see the iPad version soon.

German panzers move two hexes per turn, and then for no reason they can move 5 or more hexes.

Units away from the front line may move additional hexes in order to get them to the front line quicker. I hope that helps.

#12 Yossarian

Yossarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 16:35

Thanks for your reply. The issue of the panzers moving faster happened when they were deep in Russian territory and already near the front line. It was like they had acquired a special breakthrough mode. It was sporadic some panzers farther back moved the normal 2 hexes while the ones deep in Russian territory close to the front line got the speed boost.

Also any feed back on the supply issue. Russian units completely surrounded for several turns seem to suffer no adverse effects i.e. the combat strength stays the same and attacking the units yields poor results. One large unit was still holding out at the end of the year even though it was cut off early and attacked almost every turn. In other words cut off units never surrender or die. 

Thanks

Don Kimmick

#13 Rosspac

Rosspac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 17:55

Units out of supply currently use half strength when attacking and defending when out of supply. So in theory a very powerful unit could hold out for a long time if attacked by much weaker units.

#14 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2014 - 22:40

We've released an update for the Mac versions sold via our own shop and 3rd party sites excluding the Mac App Store which fixes the save games not working issue.

http://forums.hunted...-11-mac-update/

If you purchased via the Mac App Store the update should be available to download within the next couple of weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: