• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#41 FARBA

FARBA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 23:26

Thanks for listening and this update Cows! I'm incredibly happy to finally be on a Top 100 list :)

#42 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 November 2014 - 00:21

We've listened to feedback about the last update and the following changes are going up now.

Thanks Zorg. :)

Initial search levels in Find Player will now be +/- 5 of your Virtual Level instead of your actual level. These initial values will not be auto-filled in to the Find Player form.

I still prefer the old way, but at least now I don't have to remove levels to find/PM people. So thanks. :)

Removed all the underlines from stats on the profile page to clean it up a bit. Also moved the right click / control click information in Inventory in to the item tool tips.

Ah good; glad the underlines are gone. :) However, the cell padding/spacing between the cells that hold the profile stats is still fatter than it was. (See example below.) Also, the "right click / control click" info is also displayed on items that are equipped, where there are no right click menus (other than browser menu; no FS menu) and no control click options; this might confuse some people.

Old character stats (more compact between rows):
 charstatsbeforeupdate_zps6a7dca82.png

New character stats (extra space beteween rows):
 charstatsafterupdate_zpse7ba15bb.png

We're going to retro-actively award Super Elite Kills and Guild Titan Kill Points, so the top list more accurately reflect the state of the game right now. If the top list stats look a bit strange for the next hour or so that's just the process running, it may take a while.

Glad to see the SE kills on my profile is now correct. :)

#43 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 November 2014 - 00:55

I like that idea anonemesis.. Instead of just a SE amount we have a whole log of the type of creatures we've killed - normal, champions, elites, super elites, legendary and titans.. Naturally the other ones can't be retroactive besides the titans.. Would even go as far to log the type of creature we've killed like human, undead, greenskin, etc..

With adding in these new top lists I'm surprised they didn't add a medal for each.. Could add in more medals for killing a certain class of creature too..

Indeed exactly 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#44 Blenny

Blenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:13

HCS, 

I wanted to take this time to thank you all for listening to the feedback and doing the right choice. I deeply appreciate it and can now continue to SE hunt. Keep up the nice work!

#45 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:45

okay... so the Cows added an SE kill count to our bios... why you may ask.. If I was a betting man I would say to increase SE hunting...

I can understand why some would want our guild adviser info added to the guild medals as we ask for that when they added the medals.

Now we want a kill count for every creature type we have killed... this is getting crazy...

I do not want a kill log on my Bio period!  Sorry for the rant but do we ever know when to stop?

#46 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:50

I have one more request; a titan kill count on profile page and a player titan kill top list. Since being a titan hunter, im curious about my own progress in this aspect. And about the top list, we know its mainly a guild activity, but as SE hunter is an in-game "proffession", same is a titan hunter. Would be nice to have a list to compare the titan hunters out there, like we now can do with SE hunters. This change itself would still not affect the aspect being any less of a guildactivity, just a list where we can compare, challenge and acknowledge the players doing this aspect.

I can understand why some players don't want sertant counts to display on their profile page. That's fine, but I still think we could have the player "Titan Kills" top list for the said reasons. It would only be an improvement.

Edited by Nagoyaka, 15 November 2014 - 11:05.

#47 chslayer

chslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:46

Thank you cows for listening, accessing, and then acting!

Toggle on/off for the SE stats on profile page would be great.. same with the arena tally.

As Will said, the medal reflects the progress, so why a score?

I personally don't know why we need this clutter on our profile page,  but I understand some players wanting it there ( hence the toggle idea)

Again Moos, regardless of the outcome ( which was great this time) thanks for taking the time to address it.

Cheers!

Edited by chslayer, 15 November 2014 - 10:47.

#48 Alioth1

Alioth1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:50

I have one more request; a titan kill count on profile page and a player titan kill top list. Since being a titan hunter, im curious about my own progress in this aspect. And about the top list, we know its mainly a guild activity, but as SE hunter is an in-game "proffession", same is a titan hunter. Would be nice to have a list to compare the titan hunters out there, like we now can do with SE hunters. This change itself would still not affect the aspect being any less of a guildactivity, just a list where we can compare, challenge and acknowledge the players doing this aspect.

Love the Top250 lists personally,it gives you targets to aim for....I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on the SE list...I know that Titan hunting is a guild activity but I have managed to solo a few Titans in my time and it would be nice to see where I stand against others in this field...to me it would be the icing on the cake with the lists.........Keep up the good work Cows =)

#49 yadiday

yadiday

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:14

I can understand why some players don't want sertant counts to display on their profile page. That's fine, but I still think we could have the player "Titan Kills" top list for the said reasons. It would only be an improvement.

i 2nd Nago :P

13:52 21/Jun/2013 You have just been awarded a Silver Fragmenter medal!

#50 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:33

Love the Top250 lists personally,it gives you targets to aim for....I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on the SE list...I know that Titan hunting is a guild activity but I have managed to solo a few Titans in my time and it would be nice to see where I stand against others in this field...to me it would be the icing on the cake with the lists.........Keep up the good work Cows =)

I agree on most here except the solos, that is irrelevant. It would be an improvement to have invidual player titan kills top list so titan hunters can compare their efforts against each others widethrough this aspect.

#51 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 13:02

As I've said on the Game Update v2.51 thread, displaying SE kills or any type of statistical info is a bit off on the profile page. This section of the profile page should be simple and not cluttered with info other than basic stats (Attack, Defense, HP, Stam, etc). Display these secondary info on another popup accessible via a button on the profile page. You can then add other things such as Titan kills, Legendaries killed, Elites killed, Treasure chests opened, etc.

Edited by Maj, 15 November 2014 - 13:07.

#52 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 14:58

I agree, Top Lists are fine and would be a welcomed addition. They would also do away with the need for a numerical kill statistic with regard to these lists in a players bio. Hit top 250 and your kill numbers are shown there for all to see.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 15 November 2014 - 14:59.

#53 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 15:32

I dont agree with the total kills for all creatures. But you must understand, the same reason the SE has a list there should be one for titans. I wanna see where i play out (Probably not of the list). But then i have a goal to stretch towards. Increase competition.

Dont lecture saying its a guild activity 

#54 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 16:10

I dont agree with the total kills for all creatures. But you must understand, the same reason the SE has a list there should be one for titans. I wanna see where i play out (Probably not of the list). But then i have a goal to stretch towards. Increase competition.

We look at it as individual achievement now but it has always been a Guild accomplishment hence guild TKP.    I see your join date so I don't need to discuss how titan hunting worked in the past and the changes over the years.

However,  if we want to change Titan kills to an individual accomplishment then we must get rid of the guild TKP and we go back only the player (not guild) that gets OVER 50% gets the items (no individual TPKs as this was added to help small crews to earn Titan drops) .

I believe I understand your reasoning , but have to vote to keep it as it is. The medal is enough.

I see this as another example of the loss of Guild loyalty and a focus only on the individual player that is prevalent in the game today.

#55 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:24

Yup, except the not being a guild activity part, it is an guild activity, with content of titan hunters. We want the invidual titan kill list to match and compare the titan hunters (like we now can with SE hunters), it still won't lessen the aspect being a guild activity.

#56 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:35

Sure, why not? Even if it is a guild activity sometimes, it isn't always. It doesn't have to be a guild activity much like SE kills(only with group joins and mercs) and not everyone uses help. I believe there would be enough interest to know as well as drive competition.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#57 Nagoyaka

Nagoyaka

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 17:39

We look at it as individual achievement now but it has always been a Guild accomplishment hence guild TKP.    I see your join date so I don't need to discuss how titan hunting worked in the past and the changes over the years.

However,  if we want to change Titan kills to an individual accomplishment then we must get rid of the guild TKP and we go back only the player (not guild) that gets OVER 50% gets the items (no individual TPKs as this was added to help small crews to earn Titan drops) .

I believe I understand your reasoning , but have to vote to keep it as it is. The medal is enough.

I see this as another example of the loss of Guild loyalty and a focus only on the individual player that is prevalent in the game today.

I have to disagree with you. We still look at it as a guild activity, both the group and solo hunts. Every victory is won as a guild. And we are not asking to change the guild TKP top list, we are asking to add a player version of the list as well, for the reasons mentioned earlier about compare of titan hunters to see what efforts they have put into the aspect. The guild TKP list will be kept to compare the guilds. It wouldn't change the aspect, it wouldn't make it any less of a guild activity, only give more competition, goals and challenges *thumbs up*

Edited by Nagoyaka, 15 November 2014 - 17:51.

#58 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 November 2014 - 20:35

I agree, Top Lists are fine and would be a welcomed addition. They would also do away with the need for a numerical kill statistic with regard to these lists in a players bio. Hit top 250 and your kill numbers are shown there for all to see.

Cheers.

wil72

I agree with wil72 on having top lists for showing where you rank in the fs world and your bio is what you make of it and should give you the flexibility to change at your will. I do understand the exceptions of staff adjustments if you are not following the rules, but the bio should be players domain. I would not mind having in character area perhaps a personal listing of how you stack up with rest of the community in the top lists or such for different areas of fs world. I was leaning perhaps in medal area that gives you a toggle on and off choice  B)  

Edited by bigchaos, 15 November 2014 - 20:37.

#59 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 00:17

I would think that Guild Loyalty is a product of the Guild itself, and that focusing on the accomplishments on any individual player would in no way lessen it.  In fact, some of the individuals do deserve recognition, apart from the guild. 

Well, if we look at the legitimate playing modes of the game, being a solo player, in contrast to an "individual" player (who could be a part of a guild) is probably one of the hardest aspects of the game to play.

There are a good handful of these hardy soloists (I'm refraining from saying "individuals"  ;) ) out there, and while they can't get  GvG, and TKP, it's nice not to exclude them from their accomplishments.  

That's where the toggle switch comes in, we can already toggle buffs we don't want, toggle who can send us items, toggle who we don't want talking to us...the list goes on, so it would seem to make sense to be able to toggle off the "new" aspects of our bio's that the cow lairds have blessed us with.

I personally have no desire to brag about my 6 SE kills......

#60 ladyjudith

ladyjudith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:59

:D the update was lovely thank you but has effected fs helper can you please fix that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: