Photo

Why Can't I Control My Prestige?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Prestige, You Earned It (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Change, in a simple way, how Prestige is used?

1. Yes (74 votes [84.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. No (14 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:52

Anything past 2000 Prestige will still only give you 10% added xp for 6 hours. I currently have 8405. I've seen players holding 30k+. Currently if I use it I will have 0. Why must I be forced to use anything past the maximum reward? I'm not asking to use little tidbits or for the ability to sell it. I just want to be fully in charge of how my character spends the Prestige earned. Let us use Prestige in increments of 2000. The rest stays accrued.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#2 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:43

Not really what prestige was intended to be.

Edit: Vote changed.

Edited by Mister Doom, 16 February 2015 - 20:39.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#3 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 13:49

i have often felt the same way...i have nice stash..but as pointed out...if i use if for hunting..i will have none....but the ratio makes it not worth doing.....not really a complaint but would be nice to delegate increments to help out a bit more!  thank you!

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 15:54

totally agree..should have a sliding bar..would think it promote more pvp prestige hits and pvp activity

#5 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 December 2014 - 16:18

I don't see any reason that this wouldn't be implemented. 90% of the time you don't need 6 hours to use 10% prestige,  but hey - it should be your choice if you earned it. 

#6 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2014 - 21:38

on the fence, opens up the debate to ask, why can't I pause my epic potions as well?

Edited by Davros81, 22 December 2014 - 10:26.

#7 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 22:47

Not a good idea... farm your prestige and use it. 

Some players did not use prestige for their own reasons... not a  HCS issue.... HCS did not  Force anyone to go beyond the max.  Players kept adding to their prestige knowing the rules set forth.

And now players want to complain that they cannot use less then all of it?  The argument is not valid. 

#8 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 22:59

I think this a great idea! Would love to see it implemented.

Some players did not use prestige for their own reasons... not a  HCS issue.... HCS did not  Force anyone to go beyond the max.  Players kept adding to their prestige knowing the rules set forth.

And now players want to complain that they cannot use less then all of it?  The argument is not valid. 

Could you give one negative reason why this is a bad idea? My reason for not using the prestige, while it was lower, was because I never leveled.  I was constantly in the 299 level range, and it'd be pointless to use my prestige buff. Now that I level a bit, I feel it has a use. I don't see anything wrong with this idea.  

#9 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 23:13

I think this a great idea! Would love to see it implemented.

Could you give one negative reason why this is a bad idea? My reason for not using the prestige, while it was lower, was because I never leveled.  I was constantly in the 299 level range, and it'd be pointless to use my prestige buff. Now that I level a bit, I feel it has a use. I don't see anything wrong with this idea.  

So as I understand your post:  Anytime a player changes how he/she plays, HCS should change their game to accommodate said player(s)?   And anyone that disagrees with said change has to justify why he/she disagrees?

Why dont you justify why this change is required other then the fact that you now level and should be able to use the prestige differently then under the rules of when you gained the prestige.  

Edited by justinian9, 18 December 2014 - 23:18.

#10 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 23:31

So as I understand your post:  Anytime a player changes how he/she plays, HCS should change their game to accommodate said player(s)?   And anyone that disagrees with said change has to justify why he/she disagrees?

Why dont you justify why this change is required other then the fact that you now level and should be able to use the prestige differently then under the rules of when you gained the prestige.  

I have always thought it'd be a good idea to have a slider bar on prestige, even when I didn't use my prestige.  Also like Yod said it could produce more PvP Prestige hits.  People who have tons of prestige would be able to use their prestige to their preference and gain more levels. Not only promoting one, but two areas of the game. Seems harmless, if not positive to me. 

Now, please give me a reason why this update is bad, after I justified my point of view? :)

Oh by the way, I never "forced" you, I asked, if you "could" give me a reason why you thought it was a bad.  Just allows people to understand what others are thinking, so everyone can be on the right track.  

Edited by Melons, 18 December 2014 - 23:36.

#11 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 23:48

This argument isn't valid to YOU because I'll bet you trade hits! You focus on leveling and trade enough hits to get what bonus you think you need. That's fine. Game manipulation comes in many forms. This is just another example. Besides the fact you can and should be dropped for your safe manipulation, I'd like to see that manipulation controlled by reallocating Prestige earned by stam used in the attack. So 10 stam attacks should earn 1 Prestige on any attack and 100 stam attacks should earn 10 Prestige. Keep all the time allotments in place, so earning Prestige can be done only every 3 days outside of the BB. I'd also like to see Prestige earned from every single Ladder hit, again using the allocation of stam used in the attack.You have opted in and therefore should be rewarded for victories. My logic is thus; just like doubler stam usage has everything to do with game play. The more stam used the reward is earned. It's that simple.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#12 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 23:56

I have always thought it'd be a good idea to have a slider bar on prestige, even when I didn't use my prestige.  Also like Yod said it could produce more PvP Prestige hits.  People who have tons of prestige would be able to use their prestige to their preference and gain more levels. Not only promoting one, but two areas of the game. Seems harmless, if not positive to me. 

Now, please give me a reason why this update is bad? :)

Oh by the way, I never "forced" you, I asked, if you "could" give me a reason why you thought it was a bad.  Just allows people to understand what others are thinking, so everyone can be on the right track.  

I have no issue with the change.

I have an issue with the reasoning behind the change... No one "forced" anyone to keep adding to their prestige, use it all in one shot just as we have been doing for years.   As I stated before, The Cows should not change a policy due to players changing their style of play.  

This is the last post I will make on the subject, The Cows will do what they do.  I have expressed my opinion and voted. 

Edited by justinian9, 18 December 2014 - 23:57.

#13 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 00:09

This argument isn't valid to YOU because I'll bet you trade hits! You focus on leveling and trade enough hits to get what bonus you think you need. That's fine. Game manipulation comes in many forms. This is just another example. Besides the fact you can and should be dropped for your safe manipulation, I'd like to see that manipulation controlled by reallocating Prestige earned by stam used in the attack. So 10 stam attacks should earn 1 Prestige on any attack and 100 stam attacks should earn 10 Prestige. Keep all the time allotments in place, so earning Prestige can be done only every 3 days outside of the BB. I'd also like to see Prestige earned from every single Ladder hit, again using the allocation of stam used in the attack.You have opted in and therefore should be rewarded for victories. My logic is thus; just like doubler stam usage has everything to do with game play. The more stam used the reward is earned. It's that simple.

Wrong... I attack every player in my range and if they hit back then they hit back if they bounty they bounty if they do nothing they do nothing... i dont list 10 stamina hits.  I hit players until I get the time limit I am happy with. I have been doing this for a long time... maybe you should worry about your own crew PMing players asking to trade hits.. i have gotten a few over the years?  

Not sure what the heck the rest of your post has to do with this thread you started... please keep on topic

Last post on this topic.. period

#14 Melons

Melons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 00:46

I have no issue with the change.

I have an issue with the reasoning behind the change... No one "forced" anyone to keep adding to their prestige, use it all in one shot just as we have been doing for years.   As I stated before, The Cows should not change a policy due to players changing their style of play.  

This is the last post I will make on the subject, The Cows will do what they do.  I have expressed my opinion and voted. 

I respect your opinion, however I still disagree with you. If no one is "forced" to keep adding their prestige, then they shouldn't be "forced" to use it all at once. I think this has been talked about for years, and I've heard people bring it up a few years ago. I just don't think anyone has opened a topic about it, until now.

#15 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 01:12

I gain the majority of my prestige from bounty hits. My way of playing hasn't changed. I'm not going to stop pvp'ing because my prestige has reached its limit. And just because I play pvp doesn't mean I never level. Most pvp players level at least some. How else can we get the shiny new gear? Essentially we are being punished for pvp'ing by not being able to control the prestige we worked to gain.

Great idea Luis. We've been saying it for years. Let's hope it works!

#16 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:36

I see no reason to be against that idea, and I see a lot of reasons to see this happening, I hope we get it implemented.

btw, I would like to see more things heppening with Prestige, more 'Prestige only' buffs, that'll bring more activity to PvP.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 19 December 2014 - 04:29.

#17 insaner6

insaner6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:46

also,  when i use a potion,   which is for 300 minutes,  can i open it,  use it for 60 minutes,  and then the rest somehow close it, and keep it for the next time?
if not,  then pvp prestige should not be able to manipulate the way it works.

#18 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:36

also,  when i use a potion,   which is for 300 minutes,  can i open it,  use it for 60 minutes,  and then the rest somehow close it, and keep it for the next time?

Last time I checked, PvP prestige wasn't a potion.

#19 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 00:01

No, you can't stop using the potion. However you can make your potion last anywhere between 30-300 mins when you make it, an option YOU control. As was just stated, you're comparing apples to oranges as Prestige isn't a potion. I've only asked that players not be constrained by the amount of Prestige they've earned by having to use an 'all-or-none' amount.

[Signature removed]

#20 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:54

So 10 stam attacks should earn 1 Prestige on any attack and 100 stam attacks should earn 10 Prestige. Keep all the time allotments in place, so earning Prestige can be done only every 3 days outside of the BB. I'd also like to see Prestige earned from every single Ladder hit, again using the allocation of stam used in the attack.You have opted in and therefore should be rewarded for victories. My logic is thus; just like doubler stam usage has everything to do with game play. The more stam used the reward is earned. It's that simple.

I like all of this idea, and the original posted idea as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: