Photo

Why Can't I Control My Prestige?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Prestige, You Earned It (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Change, in a simple way, how Prestige is used?

1. Yes (74 votes [84.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. No (14 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:30

Sure would be nice to have this option.... Don't forget us

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#42 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 17:16

Bumping the highly popular idea per votes.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#43 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:33

I agree with OP.

This is an old horse to beat upon as well, and for some odd reason, it has never been fixed(and yes, I do mean fixed. This is a silly code error, that somehow slipped through the cows otherwise superb bug filtering system  ;)  ).

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#44 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 17:53

hi biggrim

when can you make this change?

#45 thering66

thering66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:09

Bump. I really would like this change. this would encourage even levelers to participate in pvp adding more color to the game.

Edited by thering66, 11 April 2015 - 07:09.

#46 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 15:08

bump

#47 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 15:31

Hmmm i don't see the harm

#48 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:35

Relevant now?

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#49 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:36

I'll put up an in-game poll for this :)

#50 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:48

In-game poll is up now and ends at 14:42 25/Aug/2015 (Server Time)

#51 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:48

I'll put up an in-game poll for this :)

Let's please!  :)

How about polling in-game a slew of ideas that you like, which many have been scattered all over this forum? It'll help give some of us that have been posting PvP ideas for a long time the recognition that is deserved and which helps improve the game!

[Signature removed]

#52 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:56

Let's please!  :)

How about polling in-game a slew of ideas that you like, which many have been scattered all over this forum? It'll help give some of us that have been posting PvP ideas for a long time the recognition that is deserved and which helps improve the game!

Good idea - I'll look at setting up some more polls soon :)

#53 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 18 August 2015 - 15:19

I am really on the fence about this one...

On one hand, you did earn the prestige and shouldn't be penalized for not using your reward...

On the other hand, if I don't use my stamina and it goes over my max, that is wasted too.  Also, when I participate in a Global Event and get an epic potion that lasts 240m I can't choose to only use 60m of that potion - it is all or nothing.

Unfortunately, for these reasons I may have to vote no unless someone can convince me otherwise (will delay on voting on the ingame poll).

Edited by WWWolf, 18 August 2015 - 15:20.

#54 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:55

I am really on the fence about this one...

On one hand, you did earn the prestige and shouldn't be penalized for not using your reward...

On the other hand, if I don't use my stamina and it goes over my max, that is wasted too.  Also, when I participate in a Global Event and get an epic potion that lasts 240m I can't choose to only use 60m of that potion - it is all or nothing.

Unfortunately, for these reasons I may have to vote no unless someone can convince me otherwise (will delay on voting on the ingame poll).

You get to choose how much gold you use. Prestige itself, isn't the reward per se, it's the currency gained from winning attacks in PvP  to attain the skill allowing an added boost to your xp. It isn't free to gain Prestige. There are costs like using stam, buffs(maybe), and the risk of being bountied. Stamina is absolutely free until you have reached your max, an amount which is controlled by players upgrading. I want players to be in control of not all aspects of using Prestige necessarily, like trading it or how much is used, but at the very least allow players to use it in increments. The current all-or-none format needs to end and allow players who have EARNED their Prestige control in how they use it.

[Signature removed]

#55 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:49

a prestige level choice would be nice. players leveling before an event could use a little bit and hoarders would not have to use all of it at once. common sense actually. 

#56 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:01

No, you can't stop using the potion. However you can make your potion last anywhere between 30-300 mins when you make it, an option YOU control. As was just stated, you're comparing apples to oranges as Prestige isn't a potion. I've only asked that players not be constrained by the amount of Prestige they've earned by having to use an 'all-or-none' amount.

Actually it is a potion, I've got one in my backpack that is 10% prestige and good for 720 minutes, I am not opposed to your idea Luis but if you can allocate the amount of PvP prestige that is not a potion I should be able to allocate the PvP prestige that is a potion. If that is then the case then the Epic potions that are awarded with large amounts minutes attached to them should also be considered for allocation.

#57 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:45

Actually it is a potion, I've got one in my backpack that is 10% prestige and good for 720 minutes, I am not opposed to your idea Luis but if you can allocate the amount of PvP prestige that is not a potion I should be able to allocate the PvP prestige that is a potion. If that is then the case then the Epic potions that are awarded with large amounts minutes attached to them should also be considered for allocation.

Let's see how often they hand out pots. It's happened once. But I'm not concerned with potions. I want to be able to use the Prestige points I earned in increments. If that means turning the points into potions, great! The all-or-none spending of the points I've earned strangles, nay punishes, players who earn all that Prestige.

[Signature removed]

#58 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:04

Let's see how often they hand out pots. It's happened once. But I'm not concerned with potions. I want to be able to use the Prestige points I earned in increments. If that means turning the points into potions, great! The all-or-none spending of the points I've earned strangles, nay punishes, players who earn all that Prestige.

As I said I'm not opposed to your idea, I voted yes in your poll, I would just like equal treatment for awarded potions.  Just like you I don't want to have to completely use a 4,5 ,6 or in this case a 12 hour awarded potion when I only need 2 hours of it. 

#59 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:32

As I said I'm not opposed to your idea, I voted yes in your poll, I would just like equal treatment for awarded potions.  Just like you I don't want to have to completely use a 4,5 ,6 or in this case a 12 hour awarded potion when I only need 2 hours of it. 

the prestige potion was only introduced because of the SEASON, now we have the PvP ladder back and there will not be a prestige potion anymore !!!

prestige is now earned by attacking other players and instantly added to your "account" / profile, not like in the season where you got a prestige potion at the end of the season !!!

btw I had over 6000+ PvP prestige and got the same prestige potion & duration as a friend who only had 3 PvP prestige !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#60 Rocknoor

Rocknoor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:36

the prestige potion was only introduced because of the SEASON, now we have the PvP ladder back and there will not be a prestige potion anymore !!!

prestige is now earned by attacking other players and instantly added to your "account" / profile, not like in the season where you got a prestige potion at the end of the season !!!

btw I had over 6000+ PvP prestige and got the same prestige potion & duration as a friend who only had 3 PvP prestige !!!

Mary, I have 2 additional prestige potions of varying durations from my participation in the Seasons, and there are recommendations in front of the Devo's that the Prestige Potions be continued. In that vein we cannot be sure whether or not Prestige Potions will be continued, but I would like the same option for those potions as you want for the Prestige Points. Personally I would like to see Prestige Points allocated like Reserve Stamina in which you choose to pick how much you want to use.

Edited by Rocknoor, 19 August 2015 - 07:39.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: