91 replies to this topic

#21 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:02

I've not tried to hunt yet as i'm still experiencing lag when clicking on different game options such as chat, guild, actions..etc. At times it takes ages to load the new page or it doesn't load at all.  :(   

Cheers.

wil72

#22 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:21

Haven't had lag like this since the days of the old map system. Haven't tried hunting yet as - like Wil - everything I do try too often fails to load.

I do, however, appreciate the fact that you've been in on the weekend working on it and trying to fix things.

#23 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:29

I've not tried to hunt yet as i'm still experiencing lag when clicking on different game options such as chat, guild, actions..etc. At times it takes ages to load the new page or it doesn't load at all.  :(   

Cheers.

wil72

Even trying to reload composing potions is a drama... :rolleyes:

#24 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:39

There looks to be a Cloudflare issue effecting players in the UK right now, I've raised a ticket with them about it to try and find out more.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#25 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 21:40

I've just made some adjustments to the database server, how's the lag for you now?

I tested walking around and such and it seems to be working okay for me.

its a bit better but the effortless flow you usually get when moving from point a to b isnt there he is stuttering with each step i thought this cloud thing was ment to stop all the lag i know it isnt my end i am sitting on 120-150mb of bandwith and this is the only site lagging i will try again tomorrow if its the same guess i wont be leveling this content

#26 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:43

There looks to be a Cloudflare issue effecting players in the UK right now, I've raised a ticket with them about it to try and find out more.

Don't forget Ireland too  ;) 

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2014 - 22:55

Don't forget Ireland too  ;)

It seems to be anyone going via the CloudFlare London POP - I think it would be the closest for Ireland too.

The actual servers look to be running well so it's looking like this is definately the issue.

CloudFlare have asked for a HAR file to help debug the issue and also a screenshot of the page that failed to load from anyone still seeing the issue.

If you're still seeing pages not loading correctly (or very slowly) or the map getting 'stuck' (caused by the data only partially arriving back to the game), could you please take a screenshot and also generate a HAR file (click here for instructions), then send both the screenshot and the HAR file to me via PM on the forum and I'll pass it along to CloudFlare to help debug the issue.

Cheers,

Hoof

#28 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:09

It seems to be anyone going via the CloudFlare London POP - I think it would be the closest for Ireland too.

The actual servers look to be running well so it's looking like this is definately the issue.

CloudFlare have asked for a HAR file to help debug the issue and also a screenshot of the page that failed to load from anyone still seeing the issue.

If you're still seeing pages not loading correctly (or very slowly) or the map getting 'stuck' (caused by the data only partially arriving back to the game), could you please take a screenshot and also generate a HAR file (click here for instructions), then send both the screenshot and the HAR file to me via PM on the forum and I'll pass it along to CloudFlare to help debug the issue.

Cheers,

Hoof

• www.fallensword.com.har

Upload Skipped (This file was too big to upload)

• www.fallensword.com.rar

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

made the file, it was too big so made a rar file and as you can see cant upload that kind of file =D

#29 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2014 - 23:53

• www.fallensword.com.har

Upload Skipped (This file was too big to upload)

• www.fallensword.com.rar

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

made the file, it was too big so made a rar file and as you can see cant upload that kind of file =D

Hmm - can you please try emailing it to us: info@huntedcow.com

(Please only send the HAR and screenshot to that email address - we only provide support via tickets).

#30 Woopydoo

Woopydoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 00:11

(Please only send the HAR and screenshot to that email address - we only provide support via tickets).

Email sent

#31 Zorg

Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:48

We've forwarded it on to Cloudflare, thanks for the help. We'll get back to you guys when we hear more.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#32 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:34

I've also just emailed files I generated with lag issues this morning (Sunday morning server time). Again, the HAR file was too large to send via the forum.

#33 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:18

While 'inspecting element' during incomplete page load i get this:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS  http://fallensword.c...php?cmd=profile

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING  http://fallensword.c...php?cmd=profile

(=profile is just an example, it applies to any FS page).

it has been like this from Friday...

for a minute or two everything works, then ~8  of 10 attempts i try to load any FS page, the above happens...

then i just need to reload the page until the request finally goes thru.... and after a minute or two, same stuff all over again...

while hunting yesterday, it sometimes took me more than 5 minutes just to walk ~15 steps to the next doorway...

my little man icon just constantly froze after taking a couple of steps...

I guess i consider myself lucky to have been able to finish my hunt in 5 and a half hours, which under normal conditions would have been an hour or less...

Titan hunting would be out of the question under these conditions, even a regular hunt takes the patience of a stoned turtle...

Hope you can figure out what the problem is and fix it...

#34 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:39

I've also just emailed files I generated with lag issues this morning (Sunday morning server time). Again, the HAR file was too large to send via the forum.

Got them thanks - I've added them to our support ticket with CloudFlare. They are investigating the issue at the moment.

Hope you can figure out what the problem is and fix it...

We've given CloudFlare all the info, hopefully it won't take them long now to diagnose the issue and get it sorted out.

#35 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:43

Lets hope so Hoof, was hoping to Titan hunt in the next few days, but at the moment I can't even reply to a message, let alone move on the world page :unsure:

#36 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:19

Lets hope so Hoof, was hoping to Titan hunt in the next few days, but at the moment I can't even reply to a message, let alone move on the world page :unsure:

We're seeing the issue here too (as we're in the UK). We'll let you know as soon as we have an update from them.

If the issues are resolved soon, we'll extend the event and if it takes a little longer we'll wait until they are resolved an run another event to make sure everyone gets a chance to take part.

#37 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:42

We're seeing the issue here too (as we're in the UK). We'll let you know as soon as we have an update from them.

If the issues are resolved soon, we'll extend the event and if it takes a little longer we'll wait until they are resolved an run another event to make sure everyone gets a chance to take part.

does this include xp event as i cant lvl in this 

#38 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2014 - 13:25

does this include xp event as i cant lvl in this 

I was meaning the xp event yeah :)

#39 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 13:39

Hoping they are doing something, lag is less than it has been since the optimizations.

#40 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 13:50

Hoping they are doing something, lag is less than it has been since the optimizations.

Aye, finding the same here, so far no page freeze or forced reloads. Appreciate all the efforts by Hoof and the team to remedy the situation. 

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: