Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 18:33

Hi all,

We just wanted to put up a quick post about what our focus for the game will be as we start the new year :)

In 2015 we plan to dedicate a lot of time to make Fallen Sword the best it can be. This isn't an extensive list, but here is what is on the cards initially:

Complete the existing roadmap

We're a little (ok a fair bit) behind on the current roadmap. We're going to focus on getting it finished early in the new year before we then look at working out a new roadmap with the community to help decide the focus of the future development.

Fallen Sword App

We feel it's about time that there was a Fallen Sword App available for smartphones and tablets. We've already started work on this and we'll keep you updated on the progress regularly in the new year. We've dabbled with this in the past, but this time we're developing a fully functional app with an interface designed specifically for touch that will let you play the game on the move.

We'll also be looking for players who are interested in beta testing it as we get further into the development of it. Note we are designing the app to work on iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android Phones, Android Tablets and hopefully more!

New Roadmap

We'll focus on finish the current roadmap, but as we come towards the end of it we'll reach out the community to work together on what the next roadmap should look like.

PvP Ladder revamp (PvP Tournaments)

The PvP Ladder in it current format sucks (there I said it!). We're going to implementing an awesome new PvP Tournament system to replace it. We'll give out more details of this in the new year along with when we expect it to be ready to take part in.

New Buffs!

There's been loads of great ideas for new buffs discussed on the forum. We're going to take a look through them and look to start adding higher level buffs to the skill tree so there will be new skills to unlock as you level.

FSHelper features + improved interface

We're going to work on implementing all the useful features from the FSHelper into the game while also reviewing the current interface to see where it could be made more intuitive. Zorg had a good idea about this whereby add a normal and advanced mode. Normal mode will hide some of the more advanced UI that may either be irrelevant or confusing for new players.

The team will be back in the studio on the week commencing 5th Jan and in the first week we'll get getting together to discuss the above as well as other improvements we'd like to get into the game which we'll then share with you on the forum.

We think 2015 is going to be a great year for Fallen Sword and we'd like to thank everyone playing for being part of the community :)

#2 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 18:37

thank you for the update.

Please do not forget to update loyalty rewards also. 

#3 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 18:40

thank you for the update.

Please do not forget to update loyalty rewards also. 

Aye - it's not an extensive list :)

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 18:53

Thanks Cows, looking forward to seeing the results. 

Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#5 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 18:58

This sounds good, Hoof.

It does seem like an AWFUL lot of work though - don't be biting off more than can be chewed!

Specifically - the old roadmap. I think it might be better just to bite the bullet and say it has been superceded by other in game targets.

And some of your other plans include things I think many players would prefer over the roadmap anyway - the mobile interface is one that many of us have for years said would be incredible as a way to grow the game - including our frustrated retiree rebornjedi!! It really is key.

Finally incorporating FSH and shutting down the use of any script is another development that has long been advocated for - and something that should be done by the time a mobile interface goes online and the game has access to new players - new players should join a level playing field, not one which may be tilted by script adaptations - or at least suspicion of script adaptations - we want new players to join a community that is united, not slinging mud!!

The PvP tournament idea also supercedes some roadmap items, and a new well thought out system would be a great boon to everyone in the game.

New buffs - again awesome, and yes it is crazy that we have had no new buffs since 1600. I'd recommend one new bunch at 2000 and another at 2400, unless that still leaves 2400 level players with more skill points than there are skills!! I think as important as more skills is a redesigned skill tree forcing players to make harder choices about how to allocate their skill points. Make them trees again, with points in lower level skills required to get the higher levelled skills. The trees becoming open made it too easy to pick and choose what skills you want at higher levels. Some imagination there could create the skill trees as a very interesting part of character building once again.

So what I'm saying is.... do you have to finish the now ancient roadmap? Maybe it is better to call it a clean slate for 2015 and attack the areas you have outlined as needing help with all your resources from the get go.

my 2 c!

Edited by Belaric, 26 December 2014 - 19:01.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#6 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 19:00

So what I'm saying is.... do you have to finish the now ancient roadmap? Maybe it is better to call it a clean slate for 2015 and attack the areas you have outlioned as needing help with all your resources from the get go.

We'll definitely review it on the first week back as, like you say, some items on it are maybe not so relevant now (for example the PvP Ladder improvements).

#7 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 19:03

We'll definitely review it on the first week back as, like you say, some items on it are maybe not so relevant now (for example the PvP Ladder improvements).

Cool. Good luck with the decision making! Roll on Jan 5th! Keep us in the loop as things develop!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 26 December 2014 - 19:09

I am particularly interested in these tournaments.... Can't we have a tiny hint more about them?  Please, curiosity is killing Penny.  :P

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2014 - 19:57

Looks like exciting times ahead for fallensword!! :D :D :D :D :D

#10 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 20:23

Aye - it's not an extensive list :)

Actually, Hoof, it is an extensive list: there is a lot in it as Belaric says.

Hopefully you meant to say that its not a comprehensive list

It is, also, a much appreciated statement.

Edited by rowbeth, 26 December 2014 - 20:24.

#11 minechaos

minechaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 21:11

really liking this post.

of course like some others, it seems, the PvP Tournaments are the most interesting to me; perhaps even boosting it up on the to-do list would be cool. i'm really hoping its along the lines of my earlier post about PvP Tournaments. like the Titan Spotted, there would be a Sounding of the Horns post for the tournaments when all the participants must ready their gear and buffage for rounds of PvP attacks, and all would have a chance to switch gear between rounds in order to really take advantage of the buffage and to keep your opponents guessing of course. that would be so much more interactive for rewards than the PvP arena. (the PvP arena of course has its own intrigue. always liked crunching numbers and working with probabilities. seems a lot of others do, too. hope that'll still be run alongside the Tournaments.)

#12 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 21:11

Sounds great Hoof, looking forward to a good year.

Also, Belaric's points are spot on, especially the script and buff 'tree' part of it....and the rest as well ;)

Sounds great Hoof, looking forward to a good year.

Also, Belaric's points are spot on, especially the script and buff 'tree' part of it....and the rest as well ;)

#13 ikillpie

ikillpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 21:15

I know its not an extensive list but are personal achievements coming 2015?

#14 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 22:59

Nice that would be great for Fallensword :) hope that wouldn't take long to do these updates 

Thanks

#15 Chotton

Chotton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 23:05

I'm very excited to see the mobile app. I've tried playing on my phone using the browser, but the mobile version makes doing anything nearly impossible, and the desktop version is very difficult to use on a 3G network.

I'd be more than willing to test, and would be excited to do so.

#16 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 00:56

Glad to see notice is being taken. Actions speak louder than words, however. I hope to see some steps taken to improve FS after the 5th.

(Probably isn't the place for it but I don't think a whole new thread is necessary..

Wasn't there the suggestion of fixing the listing section of the marketplace. I believe that currently you can only list a FSP for a maximum of 100K. I remember seeing some players believe that if the cap was removed people would list FSPs again. Seems like an easy fix, no? 5-10 minutes?) 

Edited by pinkdude, 27 December 2014 - 01:12.

#17 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 00:56

These are the kind of updates that we like to read :D

#18 iiiibbbbbb

iiiibbbbbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:38

i d like to see that the game becomes a bit more comlex... that the character becomes a captain for a army that you build in your town  using resourses that you colect from the mines... that we have wars for territory not for xp.... something like in Heroes 3 (if anyone knows the game). i came with this idea because hunting is verry borring... i l like to be able to use some strategy while hunting but that is not possible.....that s why i think it s a good idea to keep the hunting system the way it is and hunt to make your character (captain) stronger...and implement a new module in the game where you can build your own town and army  to have wars  to give the chance to the players to use some strategy...to conques lands ....in other words....to play not just click....

#19 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:11

Nice Hoof, only thing I would say is take everything players say with a grain of sand..Self Interest has got us all into this mess.

#20 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:45

New Buffs!

There's been loads of great ideas for new buffs discussed on the forum. We're going to take a look through them and look to start adding higher level buffs to the skill tree so there will be new skills to unlock as you level.

Could I get the Link to that forum in which the new buffs were discussed? Please if anyone has that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: