#1 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 17:07

Not super..

Not elite..

Not worth the effort because it's not fun..

Super elite kill logs have gone half a day without a kill, because people walk past them. Gear often won't sell for 1 gold, even if it drops. I remember burning stam every hour trying to find a night branch, or fushi. 

Anything they can do to make this area of the game fun again?  They never went anywhere with upgradable gear, or breaking down drops into unique pots.  

Used to be cool to see the purple splash on the screen, but now needs be disabled or fixed as not to get in the way of titan hunting or leveling..

#2 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2015 - 17:15

I suggested in one of the other topics that with the new buffs coming out soon, they could assign some of the new buffs to potions and allow existing Super Elites to drop them. Make the potions actually worth going to the effort to find. More people would be interested in hunting SEs then, I'm sure.

#3 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 17:54

yes...super elites are dead...except for 1 or 2...all the gear is worthless..amount of stam needed to hunt them compared to the return from a drop from killing one..makes it not even close to trying to hunt them..new players that used to be able to sell locations to make a few fsps, can no longer do this..(only a handful of players still pay a fsp for location, and that is usually out of thier hearts to make newbie feel better and stay with game..)...why have them >? for a medal  ?  make the se's worth hunting again...new great potion drops would help greatly...new invents using old gear drops would also help..anything...bring back some life into this part of the game..

Edited by yodamus, 07 January 2015 - 00:42.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2015 - 00:31

I do like hunting SE's.  Making their drops valuable again would entice new blood into the mix, which would give those of us that do like hunting them some competition.  It was a little bit disappointing to me that the last 3 kills I had were free locations somebody had posted in global chat some time before and I went and killed them.  I did send a dot to all three finders, as I think that's fair, and so few pay anything anymore.  I do this for all my scouts, I know it's not much, but every little bit helps, right?  And I think it especially keeps those new players (<200) more interested in the game.  My scouts got me to my first medal, give me some way to profit so I can pay them better :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 mstrdm

mstrdm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:09

I can't think of any sets out there but there might be make a set that requires only SE drop items. So it is a SE set that is made up of SE drops only. The SE drops you use would be the ones no cares for anymore.

Example:

Have a level 500 set (2 pieces) require 5 different SE items per piece. All the pieces be SE drops below level 100.

Then repeat for higher level sets.

level 1000 set would consist on SE items level 200-500

level 1500 set  SE items 500-1000

Something along those lines.

To sweeten the pot put stam gain on the set.

Sets would be epic like based with stam gains (+3 or +4) for the set.

With that in mind any buff that links with you wearing sets with work.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:34

Sorry, Cow Gods have already said no Epic sets.  Making a new type of SE set with Epic qualities would be just that, and Epic set.  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#7 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:58

I'm going to tell a story to answer this.

A long time ago, people came onto the forums and said, Cows, Cows, please do something to use all the excess LE and SE gear up that is cluttering the game and making everything worthless.

Cows said OK, we'll add a feature to the game called Composing, using all types of items for great potions. The Community rejoiced, old worthless items got composed and LE events and SE hunting increased in popularity, thereby increasing the worth of said items.

Then people started to realise these items were starting to get harder to come by and therefore expensive, so they came onto the forums and said Cows, Cows, please do something, we can't get LE and SE items very easily and without having to spend fsp.

Cows said OK, and they added Frag events, giving lots of extra LE and SE frags to everyone who took part, effectively reducing the prices of LE and SE items again, thereby reducing the popularity of LE events and SE hunting.

When people start to get low on LE or SE frags, they come to the forum and say Cows, Cows, please give us an LE event or a frag event so we can top up our frag bank.

Then people came on the forum and said Cows, Cows, please try to make SE hunting worthwhile again, because the items are so worthless no one hunts them........

#8 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 00:11

Frag pots made se items worthless again... We have all made suggestions in the past, like bound composing pots using se items, upgrading sets (like santork) by using 4-5 of the same items to invent, for a 5-10% stat bonus, and several other suggestions..    Game doesn't need new ses, but rather a use for old ones..   I'd even like to see a rare super super elite creature, that can spawn in any level, and have radomly tuff stats, with unique pot drop chances. (like LB 400, CA 400, nec/holy 400, ect)  (rare to find and drop creature are fun to hunt for)

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 18:22

In the beginning, SE drops were scarce as hen's teeth.  Even with FI !K, drops were extremely hard to come by.  We used to make jokes about how stingy Malphas and Steep were.....   Now, I don't even use FI... and I still get drops about 25% of the time. This is skewed.  They should be harder to come by.  That in itself would increase their value back to where it should be, imo.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 January 2015 - 19:49

In the beginning, SE drops were scarce as hen's teeth.  Even with FI !K, drops were extremely hard to come by.  We used to make jokes about how stingy Malphas and Steep were.....   Now, I don't even use FI... and I still get drops about 25% of the time. This is skewed.  They should be harder to come by.  That in itself would increase their value back to where it should be, imo.

In the beginning, we didn't have buffs like smashing hammer, coord attack, epic forge, epic craft and LE set bonuses with +1000 damage etc. Super Elite sets like the flaming baron set, steep nojor, destroyer, cockatrice were the best items in their level range and most of the time you needed them sets to one-hit. Now with all the new 2 item LE sets with huge stats and set bonuses, there's no need for the SE sets anymore... well most of them. It's a shame because a low level player finding a decent SE and selling the location used to earn them a few fsps which would get them more into the game but now there's no incentive whatsoever. I've passed so many SEs in the realms recently and didn't even bother to look for an SE hunter, because it's simply not worth the time/effort :(

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 18:12

Since I don't kill SE's for profit, maybe I'm different than other hunters.  I do it for the fun of it, and for the medal.   Maybe the stats of SE sets should be reworked to make them more competitive.  Haven't other item sets been modified in the past to make them work better in the grand scheme of things?  And guys guys guys, hunting isn't the only reason to make a setup.  There is the arena, the ladder and other forms of PvP to consider.  I know we're all sitting in our stam gear offline for the most part, but if you have enough gold and are in my range, you better have better gear to keep me from stealing it... (no, I'm not the only thief left, there are still quite a few of us).  And then there are enhancements to consider.... things like Master Crafter and Master Inventor. 

For hunting, we have the wiki to tell us what to wear.  The rest we have to carefully do math (screams) and experiment.  I know these aren't as popular as just grinding levels (idk why, makes little sense to me), but maybe if we had more gear options, it might attract more folks to try these parts of the game out.  So few play the whole game now.  Maybe these could engender a new market for SE items, and breathe new life into hunting them 

Edited by BadPenny, 11 January 2015 - 18:13.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 needgod

needgod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 00:26

You can't kill super elites for profit..because there's none to be made. Guilds hunt titans for profit, but if your not in a big one that does it, your out...   They are missing a chance to spread out useful things to all players..   Take the new titans this season.. Had their drops been needed to be crafted with se drops, like "20 destroyer helms" or tri armors, then it would have required guilds to hunt those as well....     All new gear or pots should require part of an se drop to create...  Most likely, they will remain not so super elites...

#13 death8her

death8her

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 22:32

Actually, you don't need to be in a brolic guild to secure, just have one of your other lordies tag team w/ you, two is enough nowadays. Back when it was just elemental there was 20+ people after a single titan, now its not like that

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 19:15

Hmm.. NG, if only big titan hunting guilds can secure titans... however did those in the tiny guilds, like my friend B______, do it.  They do it consistently, not as often as the big guilds, like mine, or those others, but they do accomplish it, and on a regular basis.  It's a matter of teamwork for titans

Back on topic.....

Hoofie, I'm a relatively new SE hunter, late to the game cuz of my affinity for PvP.  Fix the gear, change it, whatever, but make SE hunting an attractive venture again.  For me to be able to run kill one hours after it's left in global chat is unacceptable.  

Oh, the ones in Paladir Forest East , and Randal Caves level 4, especially, command a lot of stam for travelling.  With Twinkle Toes running, it costs approximately 500 stam to get to Ramdal Caves level 4 when you have to use the secret passage... And Luz likes to show up in that spot.... And an anything that shows up  in Paladir Forest East can be almost as costly.  SE hunting, like bounty hunting, has become a money pit.  Can we do something to reduce these costs somehow?  Please.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: