Photo

What do you guys do to make titan hunting bearable?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2015 - 18:18

Just thought it would be fun to see what titan hunters do to make it seem like less of a chore.

Besides the motivation of getting allowance or competition between guilds/players what do you do? (i.e. music,tv,skype/commutation device, etc.)

What I usually do is pop a movie in my other monitor while I hunt. 

uwClls8.png

#2 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 18:31

I watch TV also but that tends to slow me down.  I am already not the fastest Titan hunter and that really does not help

#3 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 January 2015 - 19:16

I have a couple of things.

When I'm solo hunting I see how many kills I can get in a 10 minute period and then try beat it in the next 10 minutes lol.

Other than that, I listen to music as it seems to help time to pass quicker

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 19:46

kinda similar to post above me..listen to music and count how many kills i get per 100 stam used..so i can kinda calculate how many kills i will get overall...- this really only goes when i am alone with titan or only 1 other player in area on titan...if many players in area for titan..no music..no counting.....attention changes  to staying in area watching for titan to land near me...as i have to be quick to even get 1 kill in...

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 20:47

I close everything on my PC and stop all downloads, just to have a faster response, I put some music on my iPod and listem to it.

Only keeps a tab with World and another with Scout Tower.

If no one else is around I already got like 60%  of the secure, I can start answering Guild Chat and Facebook sometimes lol 

#6 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 21:04

Too focus on the next spot where the titan spawns. So everything else is blurred out and the hunting begins.

#7 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2015 - 00:28

i put on this song on repeat with my other laptop ^^

swinging behind ma laptop swinging away at them titoens

works like a charm XD

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#8 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:04

I talk to myself.

#9 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 January 2015 - 18:35

I talk to myself.

is it  like:

oh yea hit that titan click on it oooh yea good job man keep it up you are awesoem oh my god i am so fast i'm gonna rock this titan omg i'm already on the tile and killed it damn i'm so good?

cuz i get ya from that point i kinda do that every now and then XD

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#10 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 19:59

I tend to look for the other hunter i think is pretty good..and try to beat them to the titan....LOL....im competitive and if im hunting alone on a map...I will keep global chat on and be a stalker...but Id rather have some one else on.....makes it much more fun!

#11 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 00:38

Too busy just trying to get kills to worry about doing anything else.

#12 spartani

spartani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:27

Try to guess where the titan will spawn next. 

Sometimes I can guess it a few times in a row, like if the spawning position wasn´t random and had somekind of sequence, not easily detected, but that my brain intuitively can understand. 

Hummm... have just read my previous paragraph once again. It seems like I am hunting too much titans and should rest a litle bit :)

#13 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 January 2015 - 14:31

Too busy just trying to get kills to worry about doing anything else.

Yeah I am same way myself I close everything down and just focus on the map and watch my buffs and see how many times I can hit. I am usually like others by myself when I hunt.  :lol:

#14 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 00:03

I listen to music... and pop Aleve's, chase them with Dr. Pepper.  Titan hunting makes my arm hurt.  Oh God, I still have those stupid guardian quests to do... Maybe in the spring?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#15 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:50

Titan hunting makes my arm hurt. 

If it causes you physical pain, which seems to last several days as you have reported many times in the past, perhaps spare yourself the discomfort?  :wacko: Hurting yourself for virtual currency in a game seems... unnecessary.  :(

The bit of titan hunting I've done, I normally have the TV on next to me, as I usually do. Nothing special.  <_<

#16 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:08

Unfortunately for me, titan-hunting is no longer bearable ever since they moved servers. What was once a movement of 2.5 squares-per-second now results in almost 1 square-per-second.

Edited by Maj, 08 January 2015 - 08:09.

#17 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:49

I have a couple of things.

When I'm solo hunting I see how many kills I can get in a 10 minute period and then try beat it in the next 10 minutes lol.

Other than that, I listen to music as it seems to help time to pass quicker

I do this every time I hunt, and I tend to suck at beating myself, my reactions slow down the longer I hunt

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:40

If it causes you physical pain, which seems to last several days as you have reported many times in the past, perhaps spare yourself the discomfort?  :wacko: Hurting yourself for virtual currency in a game seems... unnecessary.  :(

The bit of titan hunting I've done, I normally have the TV on next to me, as I usually do. Nothing special.  <_<

Oh, I do... I hunted the Halloween Titans with WK, FOR WK... it took 2 weeks for the pain to go away....  I don't hunt Titans for profits, and the Guardians I have left will be done (eventually) just for the quests, cuz I love questing. Nah, I'll stick to what I'm good at, socializing, teaching newbies, bounty hunting, killing SE's,  and stealing  gold.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: