#1 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 18:41

I do not frequent the forums enough to know if this has been suggested before, but I recent cut my thumb with a brand new Chefs knife (Apparently I need lessons :P) and and Idea has come to me.

I know Titan Decay has been suggested to prevent titans hanging around forever, and thought of going in the other direction.

What happens when you get beat up (or cut your thumb)... you heal.

So my proposition is Titan Healing.  After X hours the titan will start to heal Y% every Z minutes.

So, lets say titan spawns at 12, on Jan 8th.  After 48 hours, the titan will start to Heal.  This means it will heal 1% of its base hp every 60 minutes until it dies.  Lets say it started with 10,000 HP.  A guild strikes fast for the secure, getting 5,001 kills within 2 hours.  Go guild!  On January 10th at noon it will heal 1,000 HP.  Now Guild only has 4,001 kills.  Uh oh!  Now someone else can steal the secure!

Second example Guild1 gets 5,001 kills.  But this time Guild2 comes in and gets 4,000 kills and stops.  Jan 10th at 12, the titan heals 1,000 hp giving Guild1 4,501 and guild2 3,501 kills.  Guild2 is ready for this, and manages to beat Guild1 to the finish.  Guild 2 gets 5,001 kills leaving guild1 with 4,999 kills.

Third Example.  Guild1 gets 5,001 kills.  Guild2 gets 4,000 kills to get ready for the steal.  Guild1 is smart, and runs out to get the last 999 kills securing it before the 48h mark is up.

I purposely left the original values as variables, as they can be tweaked.

I am not completly attached to the idea, as it means as a Titan Hunter, I will have to spend more stam / time to Secure a Titan.  However I had an idea, and I felt like it should be shared with the world!

Better out then in, I always say

- Shrek

#2 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 18:43

Hmmm....interesting!!

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#3 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:03

I feel like this could be abused very easily..

Lets say guild 1 stops short of the secure mark then they talk to guild 2 and get them to stop short as well. If they do this and don't hit for a couple of days then they could potentially get an infinite amount of TKP.

***Nevermind, just seen where you had the 10% taken away froms guild 1's total. :)

Edited by xxlooperxx, 08 January 2015 - 19:11.

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#4 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:12

Nope.  Because when you loose 500 kills, you loose 500 TKP.  The titan does not get more HP.  You get less kills / less TKP

#5 douglasj

douglasj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:24

Sounds good to me. I've never heard of the decay idea and will except it was ruled out for a good reason. But surely I'd rather have the Titan decay out and if it does decay after specified time no one gets the drop. Forcing the 51% guild to clear it. But this idea sounds okay it's just..

A few weeks ago I tried to explain to my brother on how Fs works and what you can do playing it. I then began to realise how complex this game really is. I think this will add to it and make it harder for new starters to get into the game I feel things should be simpler. I don't understand why people must have the game change every few months to keep it interesting. But if this is what people want then sure :)

#6 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:26

Nope.  Because when you loose 500 kills, you loose 500 TKP.  The titan does not get more HP.  You get less kills / less TKP

Yeah seen that after re-reading it. Great idea, i like it!

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#7 WWWolf

WWWolf
  • United States of America

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:37

I like this idea.  As long as the Titan is not getting additional TKP and allow guilds to continually farm for more TKP then I don't see any problems with this.

If you don't like the idea of loosing your hard earned TKP then don't let the Titan heal.  Of course, guilds will probably get players to go visit Titans daily and take a few hits to keep it from healing but this would help in the long run to clearing it out as many will opt to go ahead and finish it off...

I'm actually wondering if 24hrs would be better than 48hrs but lower the percentage to maybe 0.2% per hour for every hour after 24 hours.

(0.2% of 10,000 = 20 per hour)

Edited by WWWolf, 08 January 2015 - 19:41.

#8 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:41

My question about this idea is what if there are multiple guilds attacking the titan and some stop for whatever reason, where does the TK come from if there are multiple guilds with TK on that titan? How will the TK be split from each guild's TK?

#9 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:49

I like this idea.  As long as the Titan is not getting additional TKP and allow guilds to continually farm for more TKP then I don't see any problems with this.

If you don't like the idea of loosing your hard earned TKP then don't let the Titan heal.  Of course, guilds will probably get players to go visit Titans daily and take a few hits to keep it from healing but this would help in the long run to clearing it out as many will opt to go ahead and finish it off...

I'm actually wondering if 24hrs would be better than 48hrs but lower the percentage to maybe 0.2% per hour for every hour after 24 hours.

(0.2% of 10,000 = 20 per hour)

Orignally I had thought that once it started healing, it wouldnt stop.  I thought of what you were saying, and wanted to plug the loophole of "hit once"  Perhaps you have to do 1% of its HP in damage to restart the timer.  If the timer restarts, I fully agree with 24h.  .2 per hour to me does not seem like enough.  Would take forever (10.5 days to heal 50% of health).  Personally I was thinking to make it much faster, so that any guild trying to snipe would have a better chance of sniping (which would in turn, encourage the securing guild to finish the job).

I am fully open to messing around with the percentages though!

My question about this idea is what if there are multiple guilds attacking the titan and some stop for whatever reason, where does the TK come from if there are multiple guilds with TK on that titan? How will the TK be split from each guild's TK?

It can go one of two ways.  The total healed is divided up equally among any guild (in my example, both guilds lost 500 HP).  But it could also be percentage based (Guild1 has 90% of active kills, Guild1 loses 90% of healed HP (900 in my example))

#10 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:54

My understanding would be an equal % across all guilds will be healed.

Example:

Titan has total of 10,000 TKP

GuildA gets 5001 kills

GuildB gets 2000

GuildC gets 1000

After the agreed time with no kills lapses, the agreed apon % will be removed from each kill count.

Using the #s in my previous post of 0.2% it would be as follows:

GuildA looses 10 TKP (5001 * .002 = 10.002)

GuildB looses 4

GuildC looses 2

This gives 16 TKP Healed of the 8,001 kills (0.2%).  There may also be some discussion on rounding - It might make sense to round up every % to the next TKP amount so that GuildA in the scenario above will loose 11 instead of 10.

#11 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 19:56

So now instead of needing 3000 kills to secure an item it would go back to needing to totally kill it?

I don't like the idea.

#12 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:04

double post

Edited by jinks, 08 January 2015 - 20:04.

#13 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:05

Good point!  I didn't even think in terms of the healing not stopping...

Continually healing while a guild is trying to finish it off might be a bit cumbersome but I can see where this might be a good thing.

I definitely have to agree with you that simply 1 or 2 kills should not reset the timer - it would have to be a percentage.

Also, you do have me rethinking my proposed percentage as 0.2% does seem a bit low.  Ultimately the time and % would be up to HCS

#14 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:07

So now instead of needing 3000 kills to secure an item it would go back to needing to totally kill it?

I don't like the idea.

Not necessarily...

If the Titan has 6,000 TKP and your guild gets 3,001 kills and the Titan doesn't go a full day (or 2) without anyone attacking it, you still get the secure.

#15 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:12

My understanding would be an equal % across all guilds will be healed.

Example:

GuildA gets 5001 kills

GuildB gets 2000

GuildC gets 1000

After the agreed time with no kills lapses, the agreed apon % will be removed from each kill count.

GuildA looses 10 TKP (5001 * .002 = 10.002)

GuildB looses 4

GuildC looses 2

This gives 16 TKP Healed of the 8,001 kills (0.2%).  There may also be some discussion on rounding - It might make sense to round up every % to the next TKP amount so that GuildA in the scenario above will loose 11 instead of 10.

not quite.  the percentage is on the TOTAL hp (in my mind)

GuildA gets 5001 kills
GuildB gets 2000
GuildC gets 1000

Total HP Healed = .002 & 10,000 = 20
GuildA has 63% of current kills
GuildB has 25%
GuildC has 12%

GuildA looses 13 (12.5)
GuildB looses 5 (4.9)
GuildC looses 2 (2.49999)

Every heal tick will always heal the same number of total HP (in this case 20).  Otherwise you have logarithmic runoff (.02% of 1 is always rounded down to 0, therefore never clearing the titan out)

I don't like the idea.

Other guilds like TKP to get items.  They will clear it out (all the seasonal titans are cleared within 12h of spawning)

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:32

Oooh, I like this.  Throws a monkey wrench into the easy peasy kill factor.  Makes a guild more likely to just go ahead and kill it off instead of waiting for somebody else to come along and sweep up.   This engenders more competition and gives a greater challenge, I think, and the game can always use stuff like that.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#17 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 08 January 2015 - 20:34

Agreed - the heal % should be applied to total TKP instead of kill count and then distributed based on kill percent.  Makes much better (and cleaner) math.  The way I was calculating it, any guild with less than 250 kills (depending on how you round) would never loose TKP.

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:06

Horrible idea with the current speed of titans dying some titans take months to die would make it so no one ever hunts those titans. if TH was somehow sped up 2x and costed less stamina maybe.

Edited by Intimidation, 08 January 2015 - 21:07.

#19 Yuuzhan

Yuuzhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:31

Horrible idea with the current speed of titans dying some titans take months to die would make it so no one ever hunts those titans. if TH was somehow sped up 2x and costed less stamina maybe.

<hijack my own thread>

Well, this is probably not the place to discuss this idea, but if a Titan Doubler potion was implemented, that only functioned if your guild was 50%+1 finished securing the titan, then it would speed up the time to finish it off.

</hijack my own thread>

#20 WWWolf

WWWolf

Posted 08 January 2015 - 21:33

The reason they take so long to die is once a guild gets over 50% of the kills, activity stops.  This idea is a way to get more activity on the Titans and have them cleared out sooner.

Edited by WWWolf, 08 January 2015 - 21:34.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: