BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:38

Hi all!

A wretched rattling of teeth on Spines heralds the return of the voracious Spine Chompers!

Blue Spine Chomper (Legendary)
5960d4961ddf485e365756c14cdbc290fa9.jpg?

The Blue Spine Chomper lives underground in remote locations, awaiting its prey. As it senses the tremors above the ground, it bursts its head above ground, stripping the victim of its flesh, keeping the spine as a trophy.

Level: 5+

Undead Spine Chomper (Legendary)
6256a61a29be356629a7ffc0a4fd994f4ab.jpg?

The Undead Spine Chomper was once the most vicious living spine chomper in known existance. Since its departure due to lack of fresh spines, its now the most vicious non-living spine chompter in known existance.

Level: 35+

Dark Spine Chomper (Legendary)
6014f955ae81630968bf8335ff0a062bfc5.jpg?

The Dark Spine Chomper is a biological mystery. In legend, it is told that it developed additional heads to satisfy its need for more spines, so it could process its victims faster.

Level: 75+

Red Spine Chomper (Legendary)
5977eb53927b1fd2e3c53b4848865615576.jpg?

The Red Spine Chomper, like its blue cousin, keeps the spine of it's prey as a trophy. However its mouth acts almost sawmill like in the process, with you being the tree.

Level: 150+

Yellow Spine Chomper (Legendary)
603fe9efd50cb69ba099d1e1b17ee61acfa.jpg?

After many years of evolutions, the Yellow Spine Chomper has taken to the skies, swooping down on unexpecting victims, bringing agonising death from above.

Level: 225+

Green Spine Chomper (Legendary)
600ab6e7e9d8a2dd6e31242097de7e2b127.jpg?

The Green Spine Chomper, when idle, appears like any other mushroom. However as its victim approaches, it spouts blazing green fur and proceeds to consume its prey whole. With no remorse.

Level: 275+

Octo Spine Chomper (Legendary)
6022a8119447d84c54d41f7fa40b3e144bf.jpg?

The Octo Spine Chomper uses its multiple tendrils to ensnare its prey and drag it kicking and screaming into its toothy maw.

Level: 350+

Clockwork Spine Chomper (Legendary)
17997c82d6c7bfa77baae57c685f29ca4289.jpg

The Clockwork Spine Chomper is a creature from an inventors fevered nightmares! Some strange fellow was enraptured with the Spine Chompers as a species and sought to replicate them artificially. This Clockwork Spine Chomper is the result. What the Inventor did not expect was the level of success he would achieve! The Clockwork Spine Chomper powered up and immediately ate its creator! It has created more Clockwork Spines as it has eaten its way through anything it catches, meaning there is a small horde of these mechanical monsters on the loose!

Level: 525+

Polar Spine Chomper (Legendary)
1206911c56610625328b80bd625726325253.jpg

Being an arctic predator, prey is hard to come by for the Polar Spine Chomper. It will charge its new prey as a great ball of camouflaged fur with gaping maw and rapidly freezing drool. As it feverishly devours it's prey, it takes great care not to damage the spine of its latest victim, which the Polar Spine Chomper, like the rest of its vicious kin, will keep in an ever growing trophy collection.

Level: 650+

Fire Fur Spine Chomper (Legendary)
18000c4093e41bcb72618fb83ab06d6e50be.jpg

The Fire Fur Spine Chomper is yet another peculiar off-shoot of this very strange creature. This particular specimen appears to be an elemental of sorts or possibly magical in origin. The creature fur is as normal as most usually, however, when it closes with its prey it's fur turns into pure flame, giving off some pretty intense heat. The Chomper itself does not notice any heat, having discovered the effect it's personal conflagration can have on others resulting in a Chomper that actually likes to cook it's prey before consuming them!

Level: 800+

Sludge Spine Chomper (Legendary)
18016322350689cf30fc349bf2743004df39.jpg

Yet another of the frankly odd Chomper species, the Sludge Spine Chomper makes its home in swampy areas. One would have thought the thick mass of fur that covers a Spine Chompers body would make Swamps an unlikely place to find such a creature but once again, the Chomper finds a way to put it's surroundings to good use. The sludge in the swamp coats the Chomper making it hard to see as well as making it's thick coat even thicker and considerably more foul. It has learned to use it's disgusting fur to trap any weapons it's prey may be wielding and disarm them before devouring them messily.

Level: 950+

Corpulent Spine Chomper (Legendary)
3410cba9163d7bf9d8b65bd3f406ad694dfe.jpg

The Corpulent Spine Chomper is a vast, slobbering beast. For all it's gargantuan bulk, this creature is still an adept hunter. It'd have to be to get to that size!

Level: 1650+

Crystalline Spine Chomper (Legendary)
34128d1e14d424677130695c3c64db5ca2df.jpg

The Crystalline Spine Chomper has taken a very different evolutionary path than most of it's kind. This creature is comprised completely of razor sharp crystal. How it survives and why it continues to have an appetite for flesh and bone (minus the spine) is anyones guess!

Level: 2120+

As if that weren't enough, the vile Friends of Morbidstein have been seen stalking the Realms again!

Count Ragf Lokor (Legendary)
9345fe9643e6ac802ae9f4ea528fb360084.jpg?

Count Ragf Lokor is an ancient friend of the Morbidstein Family, allying with them in battle over the centuries of his existence and keeping close (sometimes blood) ties with the twisted Morbidsteins. He currently amuses himself watching the good Doctor creating his monstrosities and supplies him with a steady flow of (drained) corpses for his evil experiments.

Level: 12+

Zaria the Vengeful (Legendary)
9351c074bd53e5ed2c8e2732ecd257d73f8.jpg?

Zaria the Vengeful is a terrifying spirit who has been attacking all in her path in a bitter rage. Never-the-less she is a victim herself. Murdered by the evil Doctor Morbidstein wasn't bad enough. He went on to use her corpse in the creation of his masterpiece. His Bride. Will you help put Zaria to her eternal rest and end her suffering?

Level: 55+

Wolfman of Morbidstein (Legendary)
9364b9b7831615b5a90cb89f0079cf2fcdd.jpg?

The Wolfmen of Morbidstein are one of the Doctors first truly successful creations. Combining the intellect of man with the cunning and senses of the wolf, he sends them out periodically to hunt for fresh material or artifacts that will further his nefarious schemes. The Wolfman is a truly fearsome foe, who attacks in a furious charge of rending talons and slavering jaws.

Level: 110+

Lustravia the Hedge Witch (Legendary)
9370654d1a1e628aa6041ee0c570c25b96a.jpg?

Lustravia the Hedge Witch is centuries old and a master of natural magics and hexes. Lustravia taught the young Doctor Morbidstein about the uses of magical power and the distilling of vile potions, all of which he has bent to his will for his grandest creation. Lustravia cares not what he is up to, she simply sensed the raw power and malignant intelligence of the Doctor and decided to help him on his way. Her evil must not spread further!

Level: 193+

Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary)
938fef9b1c4a78d3bc80d9658a8589444a0.jpg?

After learning all he could from the vile Lustravia, Morbidstein sought out the mighty Thothmes, a Mummy of frightening power. Thothmes saw the hunger for knowledge in the young twisted Doctor and taught him the use of Necromantic Energies and how to bind spirits to items and corpses. He does this as, being immortal, the Doctor could prove to be a useful ally or pawn in Thothmes assault on the disgusting living creatures & humans that infest his domain.

Level: 364+

The Bride of Morbidstein (Legendary)
939bf551d7be85347828c6aafd00207ebe8.jpg?

The culmination of Doctor Morbidsteins evil pacts and experiments, the Bride is an unholy construct, created from many unfortunate victims (including the tragic Zaria). A mighty opponent, she stands as a testament to a misguided intellect of terrifying scale. She must be destroyed at all costs.

Level: 484+

Marshman of Morbidstein (Legendary)
1694fb616ebb8212172f4bfcc7212a8253f6.jpg

The Marshman of Morbidstein is a foul beast that was once but a pet tadpole in Dr Morbidsteins lab. It was the only thing he cared for not to experiment on. However tragedy struck when the Tadpole was spilled down a drain by one of the Dr's brainless servants and ended up in a toxic swamp. The Tadpole grew in the swamp and became a dangerous mutant aquatic beast that to this day is still loyal to its master.

Level: 650+

The vile Monsters will be available in the Realms until 14:30 hours on Monday the second of February.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:42

ty grim frags away

#3 DeadParrot

DeadParrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:42

Holy carp, is it Hallowe'en already? I really have to stop drinking.

DP

Swearing, even starred out, is not acceptable on the forums. Cheers!

#4 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:44

excellent mixed bag of goodies for us..bg...thxs for event..now to get my stam back from oggy hunt..

#5 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 16:59

Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary) <<<< Why? Curious, given the still flooded amount of the Carapaces in game (Only item in demand from that LE) 

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#6 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:04

Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary) <<<< Why? Curious, given the still flooded amount of the Carapaces in game (Only item in demand from that LE)

As he is part of the Friends of Morbidstein legendary group. They've not been out in donkeys!

#7 Melissa3

Melissa3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:13

Thanks for the event !!!

#8 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:16

hmmm..could be that his drops are needed for brides set ?...like all the le that were let loose..really good choices of le's this time..they all go together

#9 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 17:17

As he is part of the Friends of Morbidstein legendary group. They've not been out in donkeys!

you do realize that the Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary) who drops the Pharaohs Scarab Linen this event and then release the Horned Spine Chomper (Legendary) who drops the Gnarled Horn which is an "ingridient" to invent the Gnarled Scarab EPICS that the ones benefiting from this will be the huge BP holders who will mass invent (with omacaz chest mellow.png) and drive the Gnarled Scarab EPICS into the "bottom" !!! (have seen it many times, remember the last time sad.png)

IF you still want to release the Thothmes the Wrathful (Legendary) then please at least change the drop rate (much lower drop rate) of the to Pharaohs Scarab Linens !!!

1) if you still leave the Pharaohs Scarab Linen then watch the gnarled epic prices dropping after you release the Gnarled Horns !!!

2) remember how "valueable" the EPIC inferno hammers were? they used to sell for 250-300 fsps now you can get them for only 10 fsps or FF for 15-20 fsps, same thing happened to thse EPICs too: Writhing Ward & Steamwork Cuirasses and very high chance it will soon happen to the gnarled scarab epics too sad.png

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#10 Raku

Raku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 18:03

Thanks for the event Cows. Seems like they have been rolling out on a nice pace.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 18:22

Scarab Carapace:

Player Backpack Total: 170     Guild Inventory Total: 0

Gnarled Horns:

Player Backpack Total: 1,601     Guild Inventory Total: 68

I Don't consider that flooded...Figure 50%+ are on dead accounts

#12 leefylee

leefylee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2015 - 18:45

thanks for the event cows :D

a quick question, have the realms on the Corpulent Spine Chomper (Legendary) changed, ive just checked guide and visited 2 of the areas listed and no mobs in either of them..

areas i walked are =

Rawneth Forest (Glade):

31%

Rawneth Forest (Clearing): 21%

#13 robinbanks

robinbanks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:06

Crystalline Spine Chomper (Legendary)  covered 20 maps.. they seem to be hiding!  none found

Edited by robinbanks, 30 January 2015 - 20:21.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:16

Scarab Carapace:

Player Backpack Total: 170     Guild Inventory Total: 0

Gnarled Horns:

Player Backpack Total: 1,601     Guild Inventory Total: 68

I Don't consider that flooded...Figure 50%+ are on dead accounts

964 Gnarled Scarab Amulets in total (at the time of writing) & 914 Gnarled Scarab Rings ....

I'm gonna have to side with Mary here - I don't think bringing out Pharaoh again was necessary. There's a surfeit of those 2 items in game already but hey ... what do I know ? :)

I'm all in favour of cheaper epics, but not THAT cheap ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 20:37

BigGrim, I think you forgot to press the "button" to release the chompers :P

some friends have tried looking for them using the spawn locations from the ULTIMATE FALLEN SWORD GUIDE but were unable to find them :(

Edited by mary4ever, 30 January 2015 - 20:37.

#16 pinkdude

pinkdude

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:05

BigGrim, I think you forgot to press the "button" to release the chompers :P

some friends have tried looking for them using the spawn locations from the ULTIMATE FALLEN SWORD GUIDE but were unable to find them :(

Polar spine is out and about

#17 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:17

2 friends looked for the 1650 Corpulent Spine Chomper (Legendary) and could not find it in any of the 5 maps:

http://guide.fallens...reature_id=3410

Rawnethian Burrows (Mandible Quarters): 18%   Rawneth Woods (Edge): 18%   Rawneth Forest (Copse): 12%   Rawneth Forest (Clearing): 21%   Rawneth Forest (Glade): 31%

Edited by mary4ever, 30 January 2015 - 21:18.

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:46

964 Gnarled Scarab Amulets in total (at the time of writing) & 914 Gnarled Scarab Rings ....

I'm gonna have to side with Mary here - I don't think bringing out Pharaoh again was necessary. There's a surfeit of those 2 items in game already but hey ... what do I know ? :)

I'm all in favour of cheaper epics, but not THAT cheap ...

Saw mary's post as well... I'm going to avoid the whole "epic" discussion, lol.

My noob take on this entire event was that it was for those that need Legendary and Crystalline frags. 

Maybe a good idea to choose stuff that was/is already flooded? I've got no educated opinion on the choices.

In any case, thanks for the event HCS!

Prosperous smacking everybody (o0

Edit: my multi-quote went crazy... erased those that were "irrelevant". 

Edited by Egami, 30 January 2015 - 21:47.

#19 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 21:58

Could always make a new Epic that needs all 3 GS Epics to create with a very low invent rate

#20 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 22:00

2 friends looked for the 1650 Corpulent Spine Chomper (Legendary) and could not find it in any of the 5 maps:

http://guide.fallens...reature_id=3410

Rawnethian Burrows (Mandible Quarters): 18%   Rawneth Woods (Edge): 18%   Rawneth Forest (Copse): 12%   Rawneth Forest (Clearing): 21%   Rawneth Forest (Glade): 31%

I'm a not a good source for this, but here's what I remember having mentioned before:

The Official Fallen Sword Guide has a lag on these events much like the Titans, where the info doesn't appear until later.

In this regard, my kind request to HCS would be to delete location info when Legendaries (etc) are spawned in these events. 

My advice in the past was to start at level suggested in Home Page post on the event and search each successive realm until you find them. Moving slowly to each staircase should be sufficient.

Unfortunately, I honestly don't remember whether it was 10 down or 10 up or whether that is even the right number anymore. 

If someone with more knowledge than I could help out, I'm sure it'd be appreciated by everyone. I promise to "try" and remember this time. (o0

That player request goes along with all the free info sharing on current locs of course, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: