Photo

PvP Ladder Rewards - what would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#201 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 September 2015 - 16:03

Question : 

For quite a while now, we've had requests for Defence AND Armour on sets. We have implemented some, but as I look at new, powerful (but fragile) Crystalline sets across all levels, is this a combo that is still heavily desired? I ask as across pretty much the entire game (barring high level obviously) there are vast quantities of Attack and Damage gear. I am, of course, looking to thread these new sets in and out of existing sets. Breaking some, snuggling up with others.

UNIQUE potions

I want this myself. I'd like buffs SPECIFIC to a section of the game.

crystalline sets

See above.

frag stashes

Hrm. Not too sure. I don't want to take away from the Global Events nor cut down the desire for Legendary Events either.

stam gain

Can discuss with Hoofmaster.

EPIC pots (BOUND)

Perhaps. I would like some good duration potions but again, don't want to take away from Seasons once we have it rejigged a bit as a PvP Global or sorts.

UNIQUE character upgrades

Can discuss with Hoofmaster.

#202 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 22:17

hello hoofmaster

I playing many games (online RPG) too, PC, PS, xbox and other consoles

in this online rpg games you can getting best and powerful items in game from 2 things

1.) multiplayer dungeons

2.) PVP

higher risking and difficulty in multiplayer dungeons, pvp give better rewards

if games having multiplayer dungeons, pvp then you getting best and powerful items in game there always

problem I seeing with pvp ladder for years is reward system is #?*!

2 weeks ago friend sending me screen shot of reward he getting from pvp season after he playing 1 week, he saying 100 players getting this

I shocked when I see season reward

you can opening epic chest 12 times and in epic chest you can choosing 12 times 5 different epic chest

pvp epic chest not having 1 epic skill, it having 5 epic skills

pvp epic chest having 5 epic skills and having 720 minutes duration, 12 times you can using that chest

friend calling me and saying I should come back because we getting new pvp reward for ladder, I come back and see nonsense reward http://www.fallenswo...subcmd2=rewards

severe condition 200 with duration 180 minutes buying 10 token, 1 week I need playing for getting enough token for buying this potion

I have skill severe condition 175 and can buffing with 360 minutes duration, double duration from ladder reward lol

cloak costing 5 token, I always buying them with only 10000 gold of AH lol

who players you asking about skills, token for buying too high?

who playing 1 week pvp ladder and then only can buying severe condition 200? that is wrong, pvp season 1 week playing too but you getting 12 epic chests, you seeing difference in reward?

if you keeping giving #?*! worse reward for pvp ladder then you not see players activity in pvp ladder, why you not looking at top 10 games online RPG that having pvp, go there and see what rewards they giving in pvp

I not liking titan hunting but I titan hunting because giving me epic reward

I not liking pvp season but I will playing global event season because I getting epic reward

I not liking global events but I doing them because they giving epic reward

I liking pvp but reward is #?*! worse, why why why is reward #?*! worse?

FS is only game I remember playing that having #?*! worse rewards for pvp

you can making pvp active if you giving players good rewards they wanting to fighting for

#203 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 22:51

hello hoofmaster

I playing many games (online RPG) too, PC, PS, xbox and other consoles

in this online rpg games you can getting best and powerful items in game from 2 things

1.) multiplayer dungeons

2.) PVP

higher risking and difficulty in multiplayer dungeons, pvp give better rewards

if games having multiplayer dungeons, pvp then you getting best and powerful items in game there always

problem I seeing with pvp ladder for years is reward system is #?*!

2 weeks ago friend sending me screen shot of reward he getting from pvp season after he playing 1 week, he saying 100 players getting this

I shocked when I see season reward

you can opening epic chest 12 times and in epic chest you can choosing 12 times 5 different epic chest

pvp epic chest not having 1 epic skill, it having 5 epic skills

pvp epic chest having 5 epic skills and having 720 minutes duration, 12 times you can using that chest

friend calling me and saying I should come back because we getting new pvp reward for ladder, I come back and see nonsense reward http://www.fallenswo...subcmd2=rewards

severe condition 200 with duration 180 minutes buying 10 token, 1 week I need playing for getting enough token for buying this potion

I have skill severe condition 175 and can buffing with 360 minutes duration, double duration from ladder reward lol

cloak costing 5 token, I always buying them with only 10000 gold of AH lol

who players you asking about skills, token for buying too high?

who playing 1 week pvp ladder and then only can buying severe condition 200? that is wrong, pvp season 1 week playing too but you getting 12 epic chests, you seeing difference in reward?

if you keeping giving #?*! worse reward for pvp ladder then you not see players activity in pvp ladder, why you not looking at top 10 games online RPG that having pvp, go there and see what rewards they giving in pvp

I not liking titan hunting but I titan hunting because giving me epic reward

I not liking pvp season but I will playing global event season because I getting epic reward

I not liking global events but I doing them because they giving epic reward

I liking pvp but reward is #?*! worse, why why why is reward #?*! worse?

FS is only game I remember playing that having #?*! worse rewards for pvp

you can making pvp active if you giving players good rewards they wanting to fighting for

I know I'm biased because I loved the story telling in this quote and totally agree with this assessment of the PvP rewards the game has always had, including recently. They make PvPing unsustainable! Not just the Ladder but BHing as well. You must play another aspect to payt to PvP. So many of us are tired of PvP, and those who enjoy it, being treated with indignity like a red headed step child.

Question : 

For quite a while now, we've had requests for Defence AND Armour on sets. We have implemented some, but as I look at new, powerful (but fragile) Crystalline sets across all levels, is this a combo that is still heavily desired? I ask as across pretty much the entire game (barring high level obviously) there are vast quantities of Attack and Damage gear. I am, of course, looking to thread these new sets in and out of existing sets. Breaking some, snuggling up with others.

What happened to the three stat gear of the lower levels? Normally the three stat stuff includes damage and either defense OR armor with attack. Attack can't be ignored, damage can at times because it's the preferred place where players put level up points. The def/arm gear has it's uses but they are very specific and to PvP only.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#204 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2015 - 00:32

i like def/arm sets....they can be turned into some killer hybrid sets....i remember complaining about the last ones but i eventully worked them into some nice setups.....would enjoy more of those...but att/def and att/arm or i would LOVE some att/HP setups....hp is often overlooked....yet so crucial

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#205 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:01

Those are all certainly do-able Dom.

#206 bilops

bilops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 17:43

when are we going to see real ladder rewards?

ladder potions are not worth the tokens

I know I'm biased because I loved the story telling in this quote and totally agree with this assessment of the PvP rewards the game has always had, including recently. They make PvPing unsustainable! Not just the Ladder but BHing as well. You must play another aspect to payt to PvP. So many of us are tired of PvP, and those who enjoy it, being treated with indignity like a red headed step child.

What happened to the three stat gear of the lower levels? Normally the three stat stuff includes damage and either defense OR armor with attack. Attack can't be ignored, damage can at times because it's the preferred place where players put level up points. The def/arm gear has it's uses but they are very specific and to PvP only.

pvp gives you no profit, forget ladder and BHing too

years ago you could pvp for profit

last 2 years I only used my stamina to level 4 times (xp event) and do global events

I did level composing until I reached 60

we have pvp, where is pvp level?

on BB and ladder you can level up pvp and have higher pvp level, I read this in forum 3 years ago and some players posted same ideas too, I can not find the topic but it is a great idea to increase pvp activity

they posted what you can get when your pvp level increases, I tried looking for the topics but could not find them

I will finally have a reason to spend my stamina and a goal to increase my pvp level

Edited by bilops, 08 September 2015 - 17:47.

#207 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 22:17

Possible rewards as requested by Hoof, there's two basic types of rewards atm - gear and potions. Those can be broken down as well.

Gear stats are determined by type - Legendary, Epic etc. I'd like to see a new type of PvP gear, a hybrid if you will. One that is like a combination of Legendary and Epic but isn't as strong as either. One that can have a little stam gain but also act as a set and get increased attack. I miss the sets that aren't simply two piece, two stat sets. Three stat, three or four piece stats. Mix it up. The pleasure of being a player is you guys get to figure out the details if you like the idea or not.

Potions! Now the best thing about potions is that they're consumables. If they're good, ie the skills are good, and it's duration is meaningful they will remain popular. First one that comes to mind is Pride! This skill was never properly added acknowledging players true medals types. Fix how  that works! Then add a nice skill level. Again the details are yours. This pot will automatically give players who have EARNED their medals a SLIGHT duration advantage. I'll repeat - playing the Ladder competitively is all about who can remain buffed. Ladder potion rewards should reflect its needs. Cloak was a great addition to the rewards. Next, rather then spit out higher leveled potions like the rest of the game there needs to be some thought to the skills that already have a built in advantage to others. KE, DC both come to mind. But you need to give some skill levels more uniqueness since composing and globals have gotten out-of-hand. Come out with levels somewhere in between the two. Of the 'luck' buffs Dispel Curse already activates WAY too often at 35%. Leave it out. But High guard and Golden Shield will make lady luck a part of the Ladder. Sealed is another quasi-luck buff that should be mentioned. It takes out only two skills. There's some gamemanship in that. Anti-deflect - you can't make this skill level high enough until it breaks the game like AM did(that was wrong btw). Other buffs as pots that can't be made easily in composing would be Defensive Aura, Layered Armor, Bastion and Shame. Those are just a few off the top of my head. Can you manage to rotate the pots so they aren't available all the time(like with kid's toys) so that they seem to have a newness to them? Once again the key is to make these skills last a very long time on the Ladder! They don't have to be as over powered as Seasons either.

Now the price is important! Let's compare what it takes to earn 5 tokens(first place) over 24-48 hrs vs. a win in the Arena as the best comparison. To enter the Arena you need nothing but the entry fee(~50k gold max). It's possible to win up to ~80 tokens(I don't play Arena) per tournament. The top pots in Arena Rewards cost 100 Arena tokens. So with one 50k entry fee you can nearly receive the top potion prize. How many tourneys can a player win in a day? A lot depending how the Arena is moving and your skill. On the other hand, the Ladder requires a minimum of 24 hrs. In order to compete you need to buff/pot, stay buffed/potted, and use stam to attack(sometimes in a losing effort) and lose xp which we all know carries some value - more to some ;). The current new skills(Anchored, Chi Strike, SC, Entrench, etc) rewarded on the Ladder aren't junk themselves, their cost makes them worthless. You need to win the Ladder 2-3 times to get ONE consumable potion. That's the joke. Make stam gear that keeps some value like from GvGs and then the cost of 20 Ladder tokens is justified. For the third time, the details are up to you devs but nobody will buy a potion that takes up to nearly 6 days of competitive Ladder playing to earn one consumable pot. I don't care how many roided stats it gives your character.

Lastly, I want to call out the devs on practicing a little laziness when it comes to developing the game. Composing and globals have all been great consuming excess gold and stam. Couldn't you have toned down the 3-4-5-600 level skills a wee bit? Now, in order to best those numbers you can't do it without breaking the game. You have maintained the personal 175 skills, even with Buff Enchantment pretty well. Why didn't you do the same with potions? And the final thing has to do with gear. I know there are tons of it out there. Do we always have to end up with two stat, two piece gear as the default? I miss some of the creativity that used to be displayed. Get back to that and stop breaking us over costs and the game will code itself, with a little bit of work, back into prosperity. Thanks!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#208 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:32

I fully expect this to be deleted and I'll probably get banned...or horribly I'll get 'smashed'

HCS please stop giving TED absolutely everything they ask for.

They didn't want a change to the PvP ladder because they flooded it and smashed the crap out of everyone who joined (that in itself isn't against any game rules.)

When you changed it, they wanted it changed back because they wouldn't then be able to use their famed 'PvP' rules to bash anyone who looked at them sideways.

Then you gave sliding scales on Prestige, which I'm pretty sure they championed the idea of.

Then giving stam gain on PvP gear

Now making resources unbound because they have tons from the first point I made.

In short every update in the last 3 months has been pushed by them.

I liked some of the new PvP changes, I think you should have done Beta testing to work it all out rather than a wholesale change then when it was complained about by 'some' you changed it back totally rather than making any adjustments.

I guess some of the blame can be attributed to the rest of the community as nowhere near as many outside of TED and their friends post on here to give their opinion.  And when they do, multiple TED players attempt to disrepute the idea or views as swiftly as possible.

You're banging the remaining nails in the coffin HCS.

To everyone else, enjoy your game :)

#209 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 September 2015 - 13:10

I fully expect this to be deleted and I'll probably get banned...or horribly I'll get 'smashed'

They didn't want a change to the PvP ladder because they flooded it and smashed the crap out of everyone who joined (that in itself isn't against any game rules.)

When you changed it, they wanted it changed back because they wouldn't then be able to use their famed 'PvP' rules to bash anyone who looked at them sideways.

Then you gave sliding scales on Prestige, which I'm pretty sure they championed the idea of.

Now making resources unbound because they have tons from the first point I made.

I liked some of the new PvP changes, I think you should have done Beta testing to work it all out rather than a wholesale change then when it was complained about by 'some' you changed it back totally rather than making any adjustments.

I guess some of the blame can be attributed to the rest of the community as nowhere near as many outside of TED and their friends post on here to give their opinion.  And when they do, multiple TED players attempt to disrepute the idea or views as swiftly as possible.

if i was playing the ladder itd be better to tackle multiple guildmates for tactical reasons, they are at disadvantage, xp wise if someone at eoc cant gain back the xp then id be very suprised, at most youd prob lose a level an hour, average 12 levels a day prob at worst IF and i stress IF they really didnt like you, could be active and you didnt stay majorly buffed, thats with 10ish guys/gals hitting you, if you are eoc you prob know how to use big pots and champs by now, there would be some cases of it being too overwhelming in fairness but seriously... for most it isnt THAT bad when content comes out mostly bi monthly or longer ;)

#210 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 13:24

Why don't you start making arguments on merit? HCS might listen. Since you posted directly after my new post on an old thread why don't you blame me for contributing too much. I can take the criticism. Can you?

[Signature removed]

#211 moonfrost

moonfrost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 15:19

First off, clearly you've failed to notice the sheer number of posts we make that get deleted or shot down almost immediately. And then to sit here and throw blame on hcs for giving us everything we want, nothing could be further from the truth. It's not our fault that we choose to be vocal in how we'd like to see the game move forward and in our suggestions to improve the game. You certainly must realize that we're not the only pvpers in this game and honestly speaking, if we were, then why would we need pvp changed at all since pvp at that point would be completely dead for lack of anyone to play the game with. TED as a whole isn't just pvp...we have players that excel in all aspects of the game under the TED banner as most players will tell you. Without our levelers we certainly would not be in the #2 position on the guild xp list, as well we've kept a top 5 spot for nearly the entire duration of the game itself since our guild was one of the very first to be founded on the day that Midopa started playing. Our pvpers are well known throughout FS, I won't argue that point, and are bloodthirsty and extremely aggressive in our play. That doesn't mean we get what we want all the time. We also have some of the best arena players, titan hunters, composers, smashers, bounty hunters, etc... But it's always going to come back to our pvpers. We protect our players that choose to call TED home and in turn those players do their thing and make sure we have what we need to do our jobs to the best of our ability.

As you're also in a large guild thats also #3 in the game, you have plenty of players that can post in here as well and give your counter arguments as to what you wish to see. If you've noticed we don't demand things, we post what we'd like to see and are prepared to discuss it and attempt to tweak updates in such a manner that they'll be successful to all and not just for us. You have your opinions as well, so please post them up.

Ladder resources being unbound? I don't want to see that since that would clearly mean even less action on the ladders. What I would like to see is dominance ticks happen to all and everyone who has the pvp score equal to the person in the #1 spot on any ladder. I'd also like to see all resources connected to any aspect short of the epics from titan hunting to be bound to character, that way it would allow each player the chance to take the time to learn each aspect of the game and in turn be able to give an educated opinion on things they'd like to see or things they'd like to see changed. The more people explore the game, the better their opinion becomes on a matter since they have firsthand experience on how something works and not just a shot in the dark and hope for the best. And sure, beta testing major game updates would be great but having a game full of educated feedback and ideas would be a great start to that.

And if you're so upset about us "getting our own way" all the time, which I assure you we don't then I offer this up to you. I'll personally make a space for you in TED and when you're ready I'll also be sure to send you an invite. Come see what we are really about from the inner workings of TED and then make your opinionated statements on the forums. But without that experience I'm afraid to tell you, you're very wrong.

#212 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 20:27

That's exactly why your posts get deleted moon... WAL has honor and integrity that's why you don't see them flooding the forums. What jinks said has a lot of truth in it.  You are very clever with flame-bait though must be a snowman perk. Anyways back on topic. If not please lock the thread its getting no where anymore.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 September 2015 - 20:59.

#213 jinks

jinks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:13

Moon, a few points.

I thought you were 3rd and we were 4th in Top Guild list?

My post wasn't majorly aimed at TED, it was aimed at HCS, I don't feel they know the game mechanics or individual aspects of their game enough to make sound judgement on the changes they consider and then implement.  They look at the views/demands/opinions posted on here and decide from that...my point was  those views are increasingly from members of TED of friends of.  You use this to your advantage, which I can't really blame you for.

An idea was posted around a long time ago of the community 'electing' a number of players knowledgeable in each aspect of the game to discuss updates with HCS before concepts and implementation. I was a fan of that idea, but it never got anywhere, obviously there would be possible flaws and manipulation of this as well, but its more likely to get us closer to a positive update than the last 5 or 6 have been.

As for your last point, if it didn't mess WaL's GXP up (I've been here since I was about 340), I would honestly take you up on the offer.  Other than a few instances of pot - kettle - black type stuff related to 'double-dipping' I don't overly dislike TED at all.

#214 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:20

That's exactly why your posts get deleted moon... WAL has honor and integrity that's why you don't see them flooding the forums. What jinks said has a lot of truth in it.  You are very clever with flame-bait though must be a snowman perk. Anyways back on topic. If not please lock the thread its getting no where anymore.

I do not understand what honor and integrity has to do with the number of posts in forum

moonfrost has 432 forum posts

epicpiety has 1009 forum posts

you have more forum posts than moon and are flooding the forums

why are you flooding the forum, do not you have honor and integrity?

moonfrost has more honor and integrity than you because you are flooding the forum (I underlined the part in your post)

#215 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:27

I do not understand what honor and integrity has to do with the number of posts in forum

moonfrost has 432 forum posts

epicpiety has 1009 forum posts

you have more forum posts than moon and are flooding the forums

why are you flooding the forum, do not you have honor and integrity?

moonfrost has more honor and integrity than you because you are flooding the forum (I underlined the part in your post)

What are you even talking about? I never made claims about myself in that post? Nor did i at moon other than flame-baiting. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and guess your first language is not English though.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 September 2015 - 21:34.

#216 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:36

My post wasn't majorly aimed at TED, it was aimed at HCS

yeah buddy, keep telling yourself that your post was not majorly aimed at TED with your post I quoted lol

I don't feel they know the game mechanics or individual aspects of their game enough to make sound judgement on the changes they consider and then implement.

if you know better then why do not you post your ideas here?

hoofmaster opened this topic and is asking everyone for ladder reward ideas

Hi all,

With the return of the PvP Ladder coming next week, we'd like to get your ideas of what new rewards you'd like to see added. We feel the rewards should be mainly new bound potions and also new inventable equipment, but we're open to other suggestions too! We'd also like to hear your thoughts on the PvP Token costs for the new rewards.

Cheers,

Hoof

some players listened to hoofmaster and posted their ideas in this forum, instead of doing the same you are telling hoofmaster not to listen to them and are not posting your own ideas

#217 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:39

I just find it hilarious how easily certain groups can bash other guilds discretely/indirectly/even openly but the moment anything is said about them they take major offense.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 September 2015 - 21:39.

#218 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2015 - 21:45

In regards to suggestions and feedback, I can honestly say that which guild the player is in has no relevance to us. We look at each suggestion and feedback for what it is. We don't go "oh but this player is in 'x' guild, so the idea must be good/bad" - to suggest otherwise would be wrong sorry.

Please try to avoid the arguing on the thread - it isn't helpful in any way.

This thread is for suggestions about new PvP Ladder rewards. If you're post isn't about that topic, then it shouldn't be on this thread.

#219 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 23:09

In regards to suggestions and feedback, I can honestly say that which guild the player is in has no relevance to us. We look at each suggestion and feedback for what it is. We don't go "oh but this player is in 'x' guild, so the idea must be good/bad" - to suggest otherwise would be wrong sorry.

Please try to avoid the arguing on the thread - it isn't helpful in any way.

This thread is for suggestions about new PvP Ladder rewards. If you're post isn't about that topic, then it shouldn't be on this thread.

Sorry for staying slightly off the OP's topic.

Hoof, from my experience I believe your statement to be genuinely true about how you base your decisions on the merit of what is written. I am so glad that you recently wrote/rewrote the forum rules and changed HCS' policies on how the forum is handled so that ALL opinions, good and bad, will be respected without censorship. I feel like I'm not walking on eggshells any longer. This approach only benefits everyone! And for that I want to thank you :)

[Signature removed]

#220 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:03

And just to close some arguments, TED doesn't make any player to choose the same side, like Luis and Calista hated the new Ladder Gear needing Arena resources, and I liked it, our opinions doesn't match in that case, but we respect each other the same way.

-

As for Ladder prizes, I would like to see inventable potions using Ladder Resources, also, I don't want Ladder prizes being unbound, I can even say I would like to see some Arena prizes being Bound too, I like things that make you play more aspects of the game, that makes you learn and improve your skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: